2014/6/27 [PF - #321] - Intermission

Started by ZacAttac21, June 26, 2014, 11:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZacAttac21

Merlin

We actually have quite a few filler pages floating around for just in case. I told Tape not to tell me which one he was going with so it would be a surprise!

...I did think this was the filler that would be run! Feels good to be correct  8)

Raskahn

Gotta love the net Daryil brought. "Ooh, take that one. He's a catch."

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lone_Wolf on June 27, 2014, 02:38:24 AM

I was thinking more "Catch Simeon before he gets in too much trouble"

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Raskahn

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 27, 2014, 04:35:59 AM
Quote from: Lone_Wolf on June 27, 2014, 02:38:24 AM

I was thinking more "Catch Simeon before he gets in too much trouble"

Ah yes, the trouble of young men spreading their wings. (pun intended)

Eboreg

If Simeon weren't a mind-reader here, I'd call him a complete and total a**hole. As it happens, he's just a bit of one.

Seriously, "Gay recruiters" can all just die in a fire. People should not come out of the closet because of peer pressure!
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Eboreg on June 27, 2014, 08:58:18 PM
If Simeon weren't a mind-reader here, I'd call him a complete and total a**hole. As it happens, he's just a bit of one.

Seriously, "Gay recruiters" can all just die in a fire. People should not come out of the closet because of peer pressure!

I don't think Simeon is trying to pressure him, I think he's just way too eager. :B

Raskahn

Quote from: CubiKitsune on June 27, 2014, 10:37:26 PM

I don't think Simeon is trying to pressure him, I think he's just way too eager. :B

Is this a thing? I ran into gay people telling other gay people that coming out is a good thing but, "gay recruiters"? I don't think you can recruit people to be gay. Especially if they are straight.

Tapewolf

Abel made the same mistake with Jyrras, (see DMFA p.564 and 570).  But yes, Simeon is far too eager in the sort of way that gives 'Cubi a very bad name.  This is a thing he just does sometimes, because he hasn't quite got the self-control thing down pat.  Last time it was folks inside the Arctic lab, which while embarrassing didn't have the same legal complications that a 'Cubi chasing random strangers with lascivious intent would.

In his defence, the popular opinion is that 'Cubi tend to kill the person they've seduced, so what Simeon is hoping for is considerably less awful than what the guy is thinking.  Also, if he was seriously going to pressure the guy, he'd be following him instead of giving up...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Eboreg

Quote from: Lone_Wolf on June 28, 2014, 05:35:25 AM

Is this a thing? I ran into gay people telling other gay people that coming out is a good thing but, "gay recruiters"? I don't think you can recruit people to be gay. Especially if they are straight.

From what I've heard, such people tend to be overzealous and come to their own judgements of who is gay and who isn't causing some "collateral damage". Simeon's actions seemed to fit that description so i was just venting a bit.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.