I fear nothing save this...

Started by Dishonored, May 30, 2014, 12:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dishonored

As some of you may remember, I'm epileptic, and have been for a little over twenty years. No one has ever been able to pin down why, though, due to genetics, several accidents, a few involving cars, etc.
It's been years since I had a full workup, because they cost quite a bit, and the last few times nothing definitive was found save "Hey, you're seizing. Good luck."
My seizures have gotten to the point where I can no longer work a regular job, even on medication, so I'm going in Monday to have a full observation EEG for a week along with an MRI...without medication. I'm already off one of them to ease me into it, but I have to confess that the idea of being completely off my meds worries me. I've been known to break bones while seizing; I'm not looking forward to the possibility of doing so again.
On the other hand, maybe it'll finally allow them to pinpoint what's wrong. I'm just hoping the process doesn't damage me so much that the point becomes moot.

Anyways, just wanted to get it off my chest a bit. Lock, move, delete, or "Stranger, if my shadow doth offend, pass by." Thank you.
"Death before Dishonor" they always said. It's because death is far less painful than eternal dishonor.

VAE

Wish you best of luck. May the doctors finally earn their keep and fix you up
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

joshofspam

Wishing you the best of luck and hoping they have more answers for you.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Dishonored

Thank you for your kind wishes. See everyone in about a week.
"Death before Dishonor" they always said. It's because death is far less painful than eternal dishonor.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'm with VAE, here. Best of luck - even if you don't get this until you get back.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Dishonored

Thank you again for your kindness. As you can see, I made it back in one piece.
Everything went more or less to plan. They wired me up, slapped me in a bed, took away all my medication, and waited. A day or so later I started seizing, they got the data they wanted, and popped me back on my meds. No serious harm done, although it has taken me a couple of days to recover from the last seizure.
Now I'm waiting for the neurologist to finish analyzing the data, and get back to me with the results and next steps. Funny, as worried as I was going in to this, I'm now suddenly in a rush to finish the course. I'll keep everyone posted once I hear anything.

Again, thank you.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears