2014/05/22 - [DMFA #1487] Economics: An Art Most Foul

Started by Lorien077, May 22, 2014, 01:57:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorien077

Looks like Kria isn't letting her brother's most recent resurrection get her down, even if it means a further drain on his dour personality.  Good to see she still teases her brother.  Its gotta be chilly for her without her fur though, would explain the big fur coat... wonder if that was a previous enemy of hers.

Also this answers a few questions about Demon regeneration, so this means either she would need help or there is a way to speed the process.
You have my permission not to love me; I am a cathedral of deadbolts and I'd rather burn myself down than change the locks.

My scribbles: http://lorien077.deviantart.com/

HaDDea

Quote from: Lorien077 on May 22, 2014, 01:57:08 AM
Looks like Kria isn't letting her brother's most recent resurrection get her down, even if it means a further drain on his dour personality.  Good to see she still teases her brother.  Its gotta be chilly for her without her fur though, would explain the big fur coat... wonder if that was a previous enemy of hers.

Also this answers a few questions about Demon regeneration, so this means either she would need help or there is a way to speed the process.

I think it is likely the latter, mostly because Kria is a public figure. I expect that her wing and fur would come back eventually, but it probably would take one or more months. I'd guess Regina's wing comes back sooner because she's young.

Euch, all that fur coming back in would ITCH. I hope Kria moisturizes her skin well - ingrown hairs are a royal pain to deal with.

Naldru

What I'm wondering if this was a continuation of the phone call from the last time we saw Kria or if this is a third phone call.  If it is a continuation of the previous call, it means that Aliph is supplying Kria with information about Destania's plans.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Tuyu

Quote from: Naldru on May 22, 2014, 11:43:44 AM
If it is a continuation of the previous call, it means that Aliph is supplying Kria with information about Destania's plans.
Bet you a nickel she called him. Gotta keep bro in the know.

Amber Williams

This is a different conversation.  I had tried to show a bit of time had passed via the antics of Lost Lake so odds are this is an entirely different day after Kria has had enough time to sort her things to know she's getting a week off.

Surzsha

Makes plenty of sense. After all, Kria is in a different spot.

By the way, I just gotta love their sense of sibling care in this conversation. So much luuurve.

Rafe

Whenever I see Aliph, I hear his voice as James Earl Jones doing something like Darth Vader - either that or something ominous and British, like Christopher Plummer.

Amber certainly has a style down for her characters.  You can imagine Kria being very casual and unremarkable as she discusses all the horrifying things she does.  Aliph, on the other hand, seems to have a flair for the dramatic.  Even everyday, mundane things take on a dark, imposing tone when he addresses them.
Rafe

Surzsha

Quote from: Rafe on May 22, 2014, 11:20:09 PM
Whenever I see Aliph, I hear his voice as James Earl Jones doing something like Darth Vader - either that or something ominous and British, like Christopher Plummer.

Or even better. Maurice LeMarche as The Brain.

Drakkenmensch

Quote from: Surzsha on May 23, 2014, 01:30:39 AM

Ian McShane as Tai Lung?

Tuyu

Quote from: Surzsha on May 23, 2014, 01:30:39 AM
More like, "The guy they got because Jones and LeMarche weren't available." He's just not quite there, y'know?

Quote from: Drakkenmensch on May 23, 2014, 07:19:59 AMIan McShane as Tai Lung?
That'd work.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... now I want references for all of these. >.>
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears