2014/03/25 [Matilda #55] Better, Faster, Able to Read the Common Tongue

Started by Lorien077, March 25, 2014, 07:27:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorien077

Looks like along with her hospital stay Matilda is getting a full social rehabilitation.   This certainly explains a lot about her character in the current story-line.  Having survived what she did and started completely over with the help of some genuinely kind strangers.  Gives me the warm fuzzies. >_>

Wonder if she still keeps contact with them.
You have my permission not to love me; I am a cathedral of deadbolts and I'd rather burn myself down than change the locks.

My scribbles: http://lorien077.deviantart.com/

Eboreg

Quote from: Lorien077 on March 25, 2014, 07:27:35 AM

They're probably dead by now. (Old age, what did you think I was referring to?)
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

Brunhidden

that physical therapy tentacle thing looks the same color scheme as mink....
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

katasev

Quote from: Brunhidden on March 25, 2014, 07:58:05 AM
that physical therapy tentacle thing looks the same color scheme as mink....

I was gonna say, them tentacles and pastels make me think definitely part of Jin's clan. In which case,
Quote from: Eboreg on March 25, 2014, 07:47:07 AM
Quote from: Lorien077 on March 25, 2014, 07:27:35 AM

They're probably dead by now. (Old age, what did you think I was referring to?)

she might still have a friend! :D (But who's to say this is really all that long ago anyway? How long do Blue Volcano Mythos live, anyway?)

MT Hazard

Awww, looks like one of the little yellow lizards came to see her too!
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: katasev on March 25, 2014, 01:42:01 PM
she might still have a friend! :D (But who's to say this is really all that long ago anyway? How long do Blue Volcano Mythos live, anyway?)

About 3000 years, she said. Remember when she first bumped into Dan, and he said he was stubborn?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

joshofspam

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 25, 2014, 02:26:41 PM
Quote from: katasev on March 25, 2014, 01:42:01 PM

About 3000 years, she said. Remember when she first bumped into Dan, and he said he was stubborn?

There's also the little point we don't know exactly what age she was when she left the cave. Cast page says she's 216 years old. But I can't remember if it's been mentioned yet where the majority of her years were spent thus far.

We at least have to figure she spent enough time to learn the language, the ins and outs of owning a store and getting on her feet again. That could even have been sped up because of her friends. So it might be possible all her friends are alive. Of course, their kind of job looks as potentially dangerous as any adventurers job.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Amber Williams

Due to the fact many of the friends are based on cameos, you can likely bet that they are immortal little Highlanders who are still running around and laughing in the face of continuity physics.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Williams on March 25, 2014, 02:43:34 PM
Due to the fact many of the friends are based on cameos, you can likely bet that they are immortal little Highlanders who are still running around and laughing in the face of continuity physics.

Creature blood...

EDIT:
Two of them are very clearly mythos, and Strype has funny eyes so he might be too.  That leaves Cooper and for all we know she's an Angel/Demon/Succubus who's just hiding her wings.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

But.. but... there can be only one!

Amber Williams

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 25, 2014, 04:07:41 PM

But.. but... there can be only one!

They're really bad at math. :U

Lorien077

Eeeexcellent.  A group of cute immortal friends who may or may not occasionally meet up for lunch or tea.  Happy place found. >:3
You have my permission not to love me; I am a cathedral of deadbolts and I'd rather burn myself down than change the locks.

My scribbles: http://lorien077.deviantart.com/

Mischa

Bah, I checked for an update on Monday and didn't see one, so wasn't sure if Amber was skipping this week due to circumstances... so didn't see this until today. u.u;

Ah well, I don't have much to say... except... balloons!  Always like seeing shiny balloons in DMFA, for some reason... :P

Brunhidden

immortal little Highlanders

don't give us ideas- some of us are actually old enough to get that, and some of us are armed. the van diagram has not been established for overlap though

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Brunhidden on March 29, 2014, 02:23:37 AM

don't give us ideas- some of us are actually old enough to get that, and some of us are armed. the van diagram has not been established for overlap though

Venn diagrams are fun, though. Besides, anyone old enough to get that and armed deserves to fight to the death.

Sooner rather than later for some of us. ;-]

Brunhidden

been there, done that, hid the body, better mascots then you have tried

i would be more worried about people not old enough to get what highlander is.... we should really sort that one out, im curious what the demographics are

meltingface101

How  long  does  Matilda`s  kind  live  for ?

Also  would  moving  to  a  new  environment  affect  this  span , or  can  they  magically  acclimatize  like  the  beings  on  the  Moon .
All  things  float  down  here

Tapewolf

Quote from: meltingface101 on April 07, 2014, 01:20:16 PM
How  long  does  Matilda`s  kind  live  for ?

"It is expected Matilda's species lives for about 6,000-7,000 years or even more." -> Matilda's cast page.
I don't know if that is inside or outside of the volcano.  Or even if Mab is going to take one look at the huge figure and retcon it to something smaller.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: Brunhidden on March 29, 2014, 02:23:37 AM

don't give us ideas- some of us are actually old enough to get that *snip*

You say that as if 24 is too young to get that. :P
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread