What do you get if you combine Trickster, Skies of Arcadia and Meier's Pirates?

Started by Rowne, September 07, 2006, 11:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowne

I think I actually have the answer to that question.

Today, I found myself pondering Shot Online (since I'm fond of Pangya).  As I had some free PC lesiure time (not something I've had in abundance lately), I was looking something new and interesting to play.  I hopped over to YouTube and looked up a few videos.

Whilst there I came across Bigshot Online.  I'm rather disappointed that this one won't see a Western release, as it seems to be a genuinely awesome idea.  After all, in all seriousness, who wouldn't want to play Metal Slug Online?  It seems like a brilliant idea and Gibbage (an indie game that I like) on steroids, with internet-play!

I was a little surprised that I hadn't heard of it though, so out of curiousity I decided to poke Youtube and see what other free Korean/Asian MMOs it knew of that I didn't.  It was in doing so that I came across Pirate King Online.  I admit to being a little agape at how brilliant it looks.  Apparently treasure hunting will be a theme, along with exploring and a huge overarcing plot-based quest that's different for players that choose to behave or be naughty.  All the things that I happen to like.

I was really surprised at how much they'd managed to get in there, to be honest and bits of it reminded me of Wind Waker even.  It seems quite the collage of genrés and whilst it might be another Trickster (fun to play around in as a casual game but not much genuine content), I definitely think it'll be worth a look when the game opens up its doors to the public (right now, it seems to be on an invite-only basis).

Anyway, here's the website if you desire further info.  I know this is definitely one I'll be playing when it arrives.  I always did have a weakspot for ships and exploration, that was one of the things that turned my head about Vanguard.

Rowne

If anyone's interested in this, I found that Warcry still has invites.  I got mine and I'm downloading the client.  Hooray!