9/8/06 Poaching rights

Started by GabrielsThoughts, September 07, 2006, 10:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenji

Quote from: Amber Panyko on September 09, 2006, 01:04:53 PM
I dont doubt most Gundam or whatever-mechs would be able to take on the gryph-mech...the gryph-mec was designed as an armoured transport and to hopefully defend against giant gryphons...not to deal with combat involving other machinery.

I vote he make a Manacannon. :3 With Taski as the power source.

Zedd

That would work KK...Unless Taski wants to be a lazy power cell...We could pinch him till he does it  xD

e_voyager

but would he even think that he needs to? wait was where we tailing about again? i don't think jyrras would start afight again biggs unless he started saying yiiff or treat him liks a specalt on that show that mab was on when she blew up her home
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

GabrielsThoughts

Quote from: Akisohida on September 08, 2006, 07:55:35 AM
Quote from: e_voyager on September 08, 2006, 04:16:34 AM
i don't think he's big enough or tough enough to survive a combinded pounding from those two.

The only reason he survives Wildy is because it's bad form to destroy your sibling..Not to mention calling Siblings R Us for a new one can really tax your bank account.  :kruger

Methinks Biggs is using Alexi to get Dan to Twink Terrortory so he can marry 'her' (referring to the arc in which Dan wears a dress to try and get Alexis mallet back from Biggs) because he never did find out Dan was a guy. He thinks Dan is a girl with a mean right hook. :)

I actually like this theory, but it probably won't happen. It requires Misdirection to a spectacular degree, and asumes Biggs hasn't had at least a year or more in comic time  to figure out that Dan's the man. Although it could work  if Daniel  was a Dead Ringer for  Alexi (minus hair) while in drag, and maybe Biggs thinks Alexi is "Danielle" and that she dyed her har blonde then the theory would fall under the same catagory.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Rowne

Taskannon?  Poor Taski.

Though I wholeheartedly support the idea of a crew of technicians standing around a gigantic cannon and yelling out its name every time it's fired.  Perhaps Jyrras could mount it on an airship too.  Yeah, that'd work.  Then he'd hire a chap named Vyse to fly it!  ... what?

I like Skies of Arcadia, I can't help it.

I'm still fond of the idea of him using his reality altering tech though, I'd love to see that put to good use.  He could likely deploy something like that on a large scale now anyway because he has the computing power to handle it.  As I recall, Jyrras did create sentient machine life.

We'll have bouncing marshmallow moons.  You'll see that I'm right, you're all right ... I mean, see that I'm right!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Personally, I can't wait to see what the sentient machine life looks like...
.. or what it's going to do.

... thoughts involve utter willingness to redesign oneself, since it's just hardware, right? It's an odd form of body conciousness, or lack thereof...

Strange how these thoughts appear at 3 am :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Rowne

I sheepishly admit that these thoughts are commonplace in my mind.  Plus it's a form of life free of instinct, that makes for an interesting conversation point, it also has the ability to programmatically remove any personality traits it finds distasteful.  So whereas superstars can only reinvent themselves to a degree and as a publicity stunt, machines can do it for real.

We should start a thread taking bets on how the machine is going to first model itself and whom it's going to emulate (most new life forms do tend to emulate).  Having a mechanical Deebs-clone around would be rather hilarious.

e_voyager

maybe soo but unlikei as the meand was much bigger then Jyrras while hw was workin on it. i thougn it was the griffen mech myself.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

ShiningShadow

I like the griffen mech its so cool. I wish Jyrass would design more mechs somewhat like the Gundam *pretend you didn't hear that*. Just a wishing thought here......... :mowninja......

Zedd

Even I can admit Gundam was abit stupid now and then

e_voyager

i liked the wind series but a lot of them were dum pbut keep in mind Jyrras would have to refeance to build a gudam. the know how is one thinb ut gudames were maching that were but to resem and mimice humans in battle in most cases.

Arcalane

Quote from: Rowne on September 09, 2006, 05:07:17 PM
I sheepishly admit that these thoughts are commonplace in my mind.  Plus it's a form of life free of instinct, that makes for an interesting conversation point, it also has the ability to programmatically remove any personality traits it finds distasteful.  So whereas superstars can only reinvent themselves to a degree and as a publicity stunt, machines can do it for real.

Or even have a hard-coded, irremovable set of traits...

...like an extreme[/i] disdain for anything organic.

I once used the example to describe such a situation;

"A single unit would only perhaps refuse to open fire at short range to avoid getting any biological matter on it's chassis. That's how much they disdain organic life."

ShiningShadow

But it will be cool to see that in this case. But we have to wait and see if Amber will decide to put more mech in any future strips. But right now Maabs looks very beautiful dressed differently I like the revealing of her orange neck very classy. :mowsmile......

e_voyager

well now that widy has the rights to pound on biggs is it off to the wedding?

ShiningShadow

Really I thought It's off to give Biggs a smackdown. I would prefer to have Biggs, Wildly, Dan and Alexsi in a steel cage match *woooooohooooooo* that will be cool right......... :mowtongue

Zedd

ShiningShadow

Maybe Dan pulls it out from his magical bag........ :erk

e_voyager

thats is the most confusin post i've read in a while and half of my own post confuse me.

ShiningShadow

I'm just saying that if Dan has a magical bag that hold lots of stuff. What if he has the offical wrestling ring with steel cage and all to pull out from. :meh I know it's vastly weird even for DMFA.........

Aridas

That's not Dan, that's Felix.

Alondro

*Charline has a 'magic bag of tricks' too!  She stalks out of a dark alley in a seedy crime-ridden section of the city to torment some poor lost innocent*  Hey there sweety... wanna look at my bag o' tricks?   >:3

*Charles sighs*  It seems Camden has worked its influence on her.  *has walked through Camden, NJ for 11 years... and has seen many many terrible things... the rumors of its delapidated war-zone appearance are 100% accurate*  >.<

*Alondro bleahs*  Enough about that depressing scene.  Now back to poaching Biggs.  Isn't that against the law?  Or is it more like a poached egg?  Hmmm... what does poached ferret taste like, I wonder.  :9
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Alondro on September 12, 2006, 10:48:04 AM
Hmmm... what does poached ferret taste like, I wonder.  :9

Wiggly.

Zedd

What does lion meat taste like as well?  >:3

KarlOmega1

Quote from: Zedd on September 12, 2006, 01:36:15 PM
What does lion meat taste like as well?  >:3

Run, Charline, Run!!!!
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Alondro

*Charline hmms*  It seems that he was more referring to Alondro, since he was the one who made the comment about 'poached ferret'.  Had he wanted to see a bag of tricks, that would be for me.   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

Zedd

llearch n'n'daCorna

Now, now.

If you're going to be like that, at least get a room, ok? :-)+)

KarlOmega1

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 12, 2006, 02:18:01 PM
Now, now.

If you're going to be like that, at least get a room, ok? :-)+)

Shock-style jitsu...Erk Barrage!

:erk :erk :erk :erk :erk :erk :erk :erk :erk
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

e_voyager

Quote from: Zedd on September 12, 2006, 01:36:15 PM
What does lion meat taste like as well? >:3
i personally would recommend again roast lion. it comes out try and a little chewy. sill on the good said lion jerky can get you through a pinch when you are rooming with herbivores.

Alondro

*Charline vaporizes e-voyager for suggesting that people eat her relatives... then she baps Zedd*  Little demon-spawn!  You're just gonna break yer teeth trying to bite me!   >:3