Good Bye Great Grandma

Started by Shadrok, March 30, 2014, 11:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadrok

A few moments ago I just got the news that my great grandma has passed away. It's something we've been slowly preparing for, for a while now as about a week ago she became bed ridden. Though no matter how much you prepare for something like this you're never fully ready. In the end she slipped into a coma and passed away. So I guess it's one of the better way to go, and she lived a full and long life of 100 years.

Qilby

So sorry to hear of her passing, Shadrok, but it sounds like there is also much to celebrate... a life that hit 100 years, wow! That's quite an achievement alone, to say nothing of her extensive other deeds, I'm sure. The fact that she had her great grand family near her around the time she passed meant the world to her, I'm sure, so you've got that to be proud about as well.

I barely had a chance to know my great grand parents, only my great grandmother and great grand-aunt were still alive when I was cognizant enough to visit them as a young person. It was fun times, hopefully you can look back and think the same.

Shadrok

I've just got back from the funeral a few moments ago and it was a good service; they played a few songs, the preacher preached a little, one of my relatives said a few things, and my aunt said a few words about growing up around her.

Over all it wasn't too long of a service and we left the church and crossed the street to the burial plot. After a prayer she was laid rest next to Great Grandpa and everyone went to my Grandma's where we talked and had some lunch, then talked some more.

I count myself fortunate to have known her. She lived a full life and helped everyone else to have a fuller one too.

Quote from: Qilby on March 31, 2014, 01:50:28 PM
I barely had a chance to know my great grand parents, only my great grandmother and great grand-aunt were still alive when I was cognizant enough to visit them as a young person. It was fun times, hopefully you can look back and think the same.

Thanks Qilby and I do. Ever since I was little up until collage, I use to spend a week every summer on my Great Grandparent's farm. There are quite a few moments I can think back on with fondness.

bradypodidae

She sounds like a great person. I hope everyone carries her memory with a smile.
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC