[Art] The Panther's Art Station (6/26--Two Holiday Cards and an Aisha Comic)

Started by Aisha deCabre, September 05, 2006, 01:36:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 13, 2006, 05:50:31 PM
Should I invoke Star Trek, then? :-)
Um, no. *

(Desperately trying to keep the thread on track)
Aisha, looking again at the Gareeku-Aisha dance, there seems to be a flaw in that it looks rather like her head is on backwards.  After prodding it around a bit it seems to be because the breasts are angled in the opposite direction to her face.  If you cut out her body and mirror it, the problem goes away.  That's going to be difficult to do in the paper/pencil domain though, at least without redrawing the body.

*Memo to self: make sure Jakob is wearing a different shirt while in Gareeku's party

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Gareeku

that's because Aisha's body is turned slightly away from Gareeku as she looks back at him.

Aisha deCabre

Yeah, you're both a bit right...I think maybe her arm has something to do with it.  I dunno if it should be angled a little behind her body or stay the way it is.

...Stupid female figures... XD
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Gareeku

Tapewolf

Gareeku

I don't think that looks right, even if the hands were holding. I dunno.

Boog

Cool art! Yeah, female figures are tough. The latest rendition looks a big off insofar as Gareeku's hand is concerned. Otherwise though, awesome stuff.

Aisha deCabre

Yeah, I meant to have Aisha turning away a bit...the slit is just on the left side of her dress.  I think the issue is just with her arm...whatever, I'll see.  I'm in the process of tweaking Jakob as well.   :mowtongue

And thanks, Boogey, much appreciated.  ^^
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

KarlOmega1

I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Aisha deCabre

Thanks for your comment too, Karl.   :mowtongue

Now, I just finished this, and so I decided I HAVE to load it before I go to sleep.

Zedd in full-color glory.

Okay.  Me go collapse now.   ^^
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Zedd

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gareeku on December 13, 2006, 07:03:45 PM
I don't think that looks right, even if the hands were holding. I dunno.
Heh, well it's your request, I guess.  I can't turn my head as far back as the original version, though.

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on December 14, 2006, 04:04:56 AM
Now, I just finished this, and so I decided I HAVE to load it before I go to sleep.
It's very nicely done.

Aisha deCabre

(Rushes in and posts up an update!)

Another request piccy has been colored...introducing Gareeku, also featuring Aisha.   :U

Dance time ^^

I hope it's liked!  I fixed the posing just a smidge on Aisha, otherwise I think it's good enough...

And thanks guys for your nice comments.   :mowhappy
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

xHaZxMaTx

Excellent work, Aisha. *Thumbs-up.* :3  Though to be honest I was picturing you in a red ress.

Gareeku

*Squees like a rabid fangirl*

Thank you so much, wonderful work Aisha ^.^ *snugglins*

Bwee! :3

Zedd

Tapewolf

Yes, that turned out very well.  I'm not sure what you did to the figure but it's pretty much cracked the head-on-backwards problem  :)

Now if only I could stop thinking of 'Take a bow' whenever I see two people dancing like that...

xHaZxMaTx

I find it very odd that you think that, TapeWolf, considering that they say 'Burn in hell' like 20 times in that song. :lol

Gareeku

Tapewolf

Quote from: HaZ×MaT on December 19, 2006, 10:33:20 AM
I find it very odd that you think that, TapeWolf, considering that they say 'Burn in hell' like 20 times in that song. :lol
That's because it is a very odd association.  >:3  Probably I'm thinking of it in terms of musical structure rather than the lyrical content..

**EDIT**
Oh poo, now I've got to listen to it again...

Aisha deCabre

Yee  :mowhappy  Thanks guys for the nice comments on the dance picture.  I'm glad it's liked.  You're quite welcome, Gar.  ^^

I didn't really do much to change the pose of the pic, basically just put her arm behind her body and changed one line on the neck so that the angle turned out to be in front, not back.  Plus the shading helped... XD

Anyway, to keep this thing from getting piled under, here's an update with a few more pictures and stuff.

Revised Jakob Pencil Sketch

--This time with headwings  :mowtongue  And the tentacles have been revised accordingly as well.  I thought I'd put it up for approval, although I'm in the process of starting lineart on it right now for coloring.

"You don't trust meeee? Why ever not?"

--This was practice for a snarling wolf...as before when I tried drawing snarling things they ended up like utter crap.  And wolves (any canid really), with those wicked teeth, just look so EVIL when they snarl. o.o  It's darn cool.   :3

Cavern's Master

--A request for another friend of mine, a dragon species he made up himself.

As for the rest of you awaiting sketchies for requests...I'll do those as soon as possible too.  ^^  I did warn that I was a hell of a procrastinator.

Cookies for all!   :mowcookie

Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Zedd

Mel Dragonkitty

Ooh! Shiney stripey dragon. I like the wings, they are so hard to make look like they belong. The dragie's blue pillow gave me a giggle-fit though because I started wondering where he bought it.

Edit:  Not a criticism of the pillow, I just have the correct level of Christmas candy and caffiene in my system to make me very silly right now.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Aisha deCabre

Haha, no worries, I didn't take it as criticism.  Dragons like to hoard if I'm correct...so they'd be too cool to sleep in a cave without a bit of luxury.   :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

xHaZxMaTx

Awesine work so far, Aisha.  And take your time, I'm a procrastinator myself. :P

Tapewolf

Excellent.  Like the dragon, like the canid and as far as I'm concerned you're good to go with colouring Jakob :)

Are you going to colour the canid in as well, or is it just a sketch?

Aisha deCabre

Haz: Thanks ^^ I'm good with taking my time.  No rush means things turn out better I always think.   :3

I'm coloring yours as I speak, Tapewolf. ^^ And yes, was thinking of coloring in the snarly wolf as well.  Oh the cool things I could probably add...   >:3

Edit:  Iiiiintroducing...Jakob in color.  Woot!   :3  (I can change the background if it's not too good...)
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

That is splendid, Aisha... many thanks.  I'll add it to my collection, maybe use it as part of a rotating banner or something  :D
Don't worry about the background.. if I want to change it I can probably edit it out and replace it myself if I feel the need.  (Gives karma)