[Art] The Soul Canvas

Started by TheWhiteChild, June 27, 2009, 04:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheWhiteChild

Anyone remember I mentoined I had the ability to see souls in my bios? That's actually an irl ability of mine. No, I'm not lying. In fact, I have no idea why I can do this... It might be psychic abilities, or just a freakish glitch in my brain, or according to some friends of mine, a gift from celestial beings. >>;

Anyway, I'll showcase some pictures here, and to be nice, you can request it for free if you're nice~

"The Lady"
Done for an old friend on dA.

"Firmitas Cogito"
A girl who claimed she was a shaman in training dared me to do her soul to see if it was authenic. She says it is. >>;

"Endriago Engel"
The friend of a friend asked for one.

"Cosmo Mechanism"
Done for a trade on FA. (the guy never did his side of the trade...)

"Brillitante De Noel"
Was just testing my ability on a random girl. It resulted in this creepy thing...

"Azure Bind"
Done for a new friend, Zalir. It came out good~

PLEASE DO TELL WHAT YOU THINK!

WhiteFox

Quote from: TheWhiteChild on June 27, 2009, 04:07:05 PM
Anyone remember I mentoined I had the ability to see souls in my bios? That's actually an irl ability of mine.
Interesting, but... not particularly relevant here in the Art Forum.

Quote from: TheWhiteChild on June 27, 2009, 04:07:05 PM
PLEASE DO TELL WHAT YOU THINK!

We're not deaf, you know.  :3

On the one hand, I think you have a keen sense of design. These are all aesthetically pleasing, and an understanding of arrangement, proximity, and proportion are pretty intuitive skills... they're not the sort of thing you can just learn from a tutorial: you have to develop a sense for them.

On the other hand, I can't help but think that you could be doing more to develop the designs. Color might be a good start, and chiaroscuro shading would really make some of these pop out, too. The line quality suffers in some places; "Azure bind" in particular is a bit rough (Though, I think that one is my favorite design). The long, hard way to fix that is to get really good at inking, or Flash. The short, easy way would be to scale the image down by 25%. All kinds of flaws disappear when you shrink an image.

In conclusion; nice work, but I bet you could do more with it.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

TheWhiteChild

I'm the deaf one (no really). XD

Actually, I have little or no artistic talent... like I said, I apparently have the ability to see souls... all I do, really, is to take what I see and put it on paper... but thanks for the commentage.  I agree that the images are kinda rough, but then I'm still an amateur and I haven't spent long at all drawing these... I'll improve with time.