2013/11/28 [DMFA #1447] A Bard in the hall is worth two in the bushes

Started by Prroul, November 28, 2013, 11:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Prroul on December 02, 2013, 04:17:43 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 02, 2013, 12:40:19 AM
My take on it? I'm betting that Destania will turn out to be a very very complex person. She may or may not know the meaning of the word "mercy", but I'll bet she's playing not just with multiple hands of cards, but multiple decks. Everyone who sees her sees a different thing, from what I can see - how she behaves with Biggs is different to how she's portrayed as behaving in SAIA, which is totally different to how she's been seen by Dan.
Really? Because I find how she acts with Biggs is entirely consistent with her reputation as SAIA. She has no 'morality' as you and I might define the term. No shred of compassion or mercy. However, she is also cold and calculating, and will do whatever it takes to achieve her goals.

It has been implied that she has tortured and killed for Biggs before, and has had zero compunctions about doing so, entirely consistent with her being the teacher for classes in torture and pain at SAIA. She's been encountered mostly in the role of a 'secretary', however I am beginning to think it is closer to the term 'consiliori' from Mafia terminology... the one who gets the dirty work done, the cut-out so that the godfather is not taken down by anything, the 'true-bearded man' (to use another term, even if Des is, in fact, female). In brief, his right-hand enforcer to get whatever needs doing done.

Let you think I'm ignoring you, I'm not. I disagree with your interpretation of the individual in question - although I stand behind your right to have such a view. I respectfully suggest we agree to disagree, since I don't think I could persuade you with anything available, and I don't think you could persuade me with anything you've said, and hence we should probably stop before we both start ranting at each other. ;-]

Whilst I see Destania at SAIA being different to Dee at Lost Lake, and also different to Dee at Twink Territories, you seem to see the first and the last as identical, and write off the middle bit as a facade. I'm fairly sure you're not right, but... Ambaargh has pulled a swiftie on us before, and I could well be wrong, so better to just wait and see what Our Beloved Author has in mind. *grin*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears