2013/12/05 [PF #292] - Oedipus in one corner, McCarthy in another

Started by Eboreg, December 05, 2013, 06:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eboreg

Man this has got to be awkward for Dorcan. No matter how long you live, getting cozy with your mother is something you just don't want to do, especially if she looks that young.

On the other hand, that harmless old guy just isn't having a good day is he? While the paranoia is understandable, I don't think it's excusable. As with any infiltration, good police work and a well-thought out counterintelligence program can do a lot more than using brute-force methods like random stops, torture, or extensive monitoring. Besides, any 'Cubi infiltrator will just look at the situation and decide to not disguise himself as a harmless old man sitting near a fountain. There are way too many ways to break a 'dumb' system like this and you can never account for them all.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

Tapewolf

The fountain man was the result of a weird conversation with Turnsky, way back when.  I was writing the original Future History story at the time and included it as a joke.

It is also worth noting that originally this town had a problem with all Creatures - but for a change I decided to alter it so that their beef was with 'Cubi only.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ZacAttac21

Tapewolf

Quote from: Raxuno on December 07, 2013, 12:18:08 AM
Wait, I thought Dorcan was heading back to Jayhawk?

They are.  However, there is the slight problem that they are a hundred or so miles away and have no transport.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E