2013/11/18 [Matilda #37] Mourning Heshi

Started by Joe3210, November 18, 2013, 07:18:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe3210

"You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!"

lawl

Abel-needs-a-hug

Blood on hands... yep, I think I see where this is going.

ArchTeryx

Rather sad about this turn - Matilda's role and how her version of the story comes in are now a lot clearer, but Heshi's motivations in leaping headlong into the Abyss may remain forever a mystery.

Hell of a way to protect her brother's memory: defeated in an honourable challenge - by his own sister.  But it's the only real option she has any more, saving watching her sister (and quite possibly herself) get enslaved or put to death.

HaDDea

..... :(

poor Kissriss - what a thing to have to deal with.

Rafe

Well, I guess the story we've heard as Matilda tells it is what she has to say - and what she will probably always have to say - in order to protect her sister.

What a thing to have to live with the rest of your life, to have to say that you killed your own brother, when you obviously (to us, anyway) loved him.  It originally looked to me as if Matilda was playing some kind of game not telling the real story.  I assume she even had to tell her sister this story, and that Kissriss thinks Matilda killed him.  On top of it all she was forced to leave her home.  Now I have a lot more respect for Matilda, and some serious sympathy for all the pain it must cause her. 

Sacrificing your self to help others is obviously a courageous and virtuous thing to do.  Sacrificing yourself like this, knowing it's the right thing, probably the only thing you could do, and knowing that no one could ever know about it - that's as selfless as a person can get.
Rafe

ArchTeryx

Seems an appropriate time to drag out the beginning of one of the best themes I know for the circumstances; certainly captures what Matilda is feeling.

Холодно, хмуро... (Holodna, hmoora...)
И мрачно в душе (Ee mruchnoh v'dooshe)
Как мог знать я (Kak mohg znat' ya)
что ты умрёшь? ( shtoh tee oomriyosh?)

До свиданья, берег родной! (Da svidania, byehreg radnoy)
Как нам трудно представить, что это не сон... (Kak nam troodnag pridstahvit shtoh eto nyeh sohn)
До свиданья, Родина! (Da svidania Rodina!)

Translated, it means:

Cold and gloomy
And darkness in my soul
How could I have known
that you would die?

Farewell, our home shore!
It's so hard to imagine, this isn't a dream...
Farewell, our Motherland!

Hymn to Red October. (Blue November for Matilda?)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: ArchTeryx on November 19, 2013, 09:38:10 PM
Hymn to Red October. (Blue November for Matilda?)

Black November, surely? Given the red in Red October refers to the flowing of blood, I thought, and given the colour of Heshi's blood...?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ArchTeryx

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 20, 2013, 10:04:59 AM
Black November, surely? Given the red in Red October refers to the flowing of blood, I thought, and given the colour of Heshi's blood...?

Very good analogy, better then I came up with!  

It certainly is going to be a black period of Matilda's life.  And while the "revolution" isn't going to be as widespread as the Oktyabrskaya revolyutsiya was for Tsarist Russia, it may have nearly as drastic an effect on the little Blue Volcano tribe in the long run, after Matilda leaves.  (She's going to have shatter their extremely patriarchal worldview simply to save her sister's life).

Maybe that's why my mind made the otherwise weird connection.  (That and the dark mood of the song at its beginning, followed by a triumphant coda to end it).

Tuyu

I just realized that Matilda's narration has fallen silent for the past four comics.

Kaerou

So dark :(

Its really really sad.. he just wanted to live in peace and didn't know the outside world was okay for them.

by Silverfoxr! Thank you!

Tuyu

Had another thought about where the story's headed. Bits and pieces of this thought have been discussed, but here's a twist:

How would Matilda's description of her brother be looked upon by her people?

Would her description make him sound like a strong, respectable man? A leader and worthy son of his father?

Maybe she's just trying to have the rest of the world think of him that way, rather than the truth hidden inside the blue volcano...

Could even be that she's going to volunteer to be exiled for the sake of population balance. Or run away to save her sister.

Yarott

I think there might be  possible, yet dark outcome: She might get framed for his death, when it was really a suicide. Which, of course, would then have her tell her "story" on how this event came to pass. Indeed, this moment here marks the end of her stay in that Volcano.