2013/10/30 - [DMFA #1440] It is expected the actual clan strength...

Started by Tuyu, October 30, 2013, 02:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Infranscia

I wonder in which way(s) Piflak considers an Insectis 'brazen'...

From what I understand, the Cubi clan-link basically allows all members to share their power levels, clan-leader or no.  (It does look like the clan-leader maintains most of the power.)  Granted, I don't know if it's immediately leveled out between members, or more of a gradual thing, or if members are even completely leveled out.  Still, it's known that individuals can build a lot of power, which I think would effect the clan at least partially.  So I think clan members may not be equal to overall clan power, but that it certainly can have an influence.

It does look like Cubi maintain at least some of the physical traits of the non-Cubi-ish part of them.  I suspect the Insectis-Cubi at least have a lot of strength simply because they are Insectis.  They may also have a fair bit of Cubi-power just from feeding on the emotions of everyone around them (Insectis being so numerous).  But even if the individuals don't have a ton of Cubi-power, the Insectis traits would generally compensate.

Hmm...  Random thought: I wonder if Zezzuva's speech is at least partially influenced by all of her Insectis clan members.  Like if she picked up a little bit of their 'accent.'

Kiki seems rather cheerful.  I wonder if that at all as a factor on why she was picked as a representative?

Also, Kiki seems to have a 'fancy outfit.' :mowwink
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

Tuyu

Quote from: Infranscia on October 31, 2013, 01:44:53 AM
I think she was referring to Zezzuva herself, and as brazen means "bold, contemptuous, audacious, flagrant...", from Zezzuva's response she's acknowledging the "bold" meaning. Though I think Piflak meant it in the sense of "you made your clan do it with bugs? Kinky!"

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tuyu on October 31, 2013, 02:45:49 AM
Quote from: Infranscia on October 31, 2013, 01:44:53 AM
I think she was referring to Zezzuva herself, and as brazen means "bold, contemptuous, audacious, flagrant...", from Zezzuva's response she's acknowledging the "bold" meaning. Though I think Piflak meant it in the sense of "you made your clan do it with bugs? Kinky!"

Dark Peg reanimated a bunch of dead people and created a new race.  Since then, laws were made against that.  Given that Furrae seems to be a fragmented network of independent territories, I don't know how such a thing would be enforced, but it's probably something like the Being-Creature Council and/or the Creature Council doing it.  Point is, Jyrras is going to be in serious trouble if he's found out to have created Deebs and Mace.
And now Zezzuva has arguably done the same by deliberately creating a hybrid 'Cubi which is supposed to be impossible - that strikes me as pretty audacious.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tuyu

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 31, 2013, 12:44:52 PM
And now Zezzuva has arguably done the same by deliberately creating a hybrid 'Cubi which is supposed to be impossible - that strikes me as pretty audacious.
Oh, given cubi genetics, I am sure the courts will be arguing for years about whether a cubi arising from an insectis parent counts as a member of a "new race".

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tuyu on October 31, 2013, 01:13:32 PM
Oh, given cubi genetics, I am sure the courts will be arguing for years about whether a cubi arising from an insectis parent counts as a member of a "new race".

Indeed, but you've got intent as well.  It's not just a couple getting frisky, it was a secret project for her own gain that took her generations to achieve.  Just what the advantages of insect-cubi are we do not yet know, but if she has created something more powerful than a regular 'Cubi, that strikes me as being exactly the kind of thing that the legislation was intended to prevent.

All this is just a guess, of course.

Tuyu

OH NOEZ! I just had a HORRIVLE thought!

These new cubi--to the dragons, they'll be DELICIOUS!  Just like LOBSTER!!   D:

(The only question is--steamed, broiled, or sashimi?)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tuyu on October 31, 2013, 01:58:00 PM
These new cubi--to the dragons, they'll be DELICIOUS!  Just like LOBSTER!!   D:
(The only question is--steamed, broiled, or sashimi?)

Exoskeletons, so raw and crunchy, I imagine.