Abel's Story Delay (Pensplosion!)

Started by Amber Williams, September 01, 2006, 06:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zedd

Though I might want to give Amber a space pen..Just in case she want to ride her house to da mooooon!

KarlOmega1

So her pen Exploded...though it is frustrating for her, I can see her laughing a little due to the humor of it (Hijinks)
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Zedd

Amber Williams

Yeah. I'm not the most upset(other than having to redraw stuff. I hate doing that XD)

I warned earlier that the comic might be late...it just was for a different reason.  So really nothing has changed in schedule so much the reason of the delay.  I'm colouring the comic now so it should be done tonight or before Monday's update no issue. (Though I admit I am still running around getting things unpacked and settled and working the paper-work in between)

There is also the issue that DMFA normal is about to switch into another arc and so I have to work all that stuff too.

So it's been minor annoying, but nothing majorly terrible.
:tmyk

xHaZxMaTx

Oh noes, Family Guy flashback! D:  Peter says Canada sucks! :cry

A cookie to anyone who knows what I'm talking about and what made me think of it.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Another arc? What the? This one is done?

Hmm... Loose threads. Loose threads. They're all over the place...

Good. :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

bill

Arcs are good. More arcs are more good.

xHaZxMaTx

And most arcs are most good? :|  Or is it morer arcs are morer good-er?

bill

No, most arcs are not most good. All arcs are (all) good.

Miaka

Quote from: RJ on September 02, 2006, 09:46:46 AM
Bad pen puns make baby squirrels cry.  :<

I guess this means the comic is pending until further notice?
My god RJ! My little brother just burst into tears! how dare you!

As everyone else has said, we can wait Miss Amber.

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 02, 2006, 03:48:18 PM

Like, why is it called 'Life is wonderful'?  Or was that sarcasm on Amber's part?
Lessee.. Dan's just had the cack beaten out of him, Jyrras is in a killing rage, Abel may now be afraid to leave the basement because of Alexsi, who has lost another employee just in time for 'her' bar to appear in some kind of tourist guide.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Azlan

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 02, 2006, 04:23:03 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 02, 2006, 03:48:18 PM

Like, why is it called 'Life is wonderful'?  Or was that sarcasm on Amber's part?
Lessee.. Dan's just had the cack beaten out of him, Jyrras is in a killing rage, Abel may now be afraid to leave the basement because of Alexsi, who has lost another employee just in time for 'her' bar to appear in some kind of tourist guide.

It's stuff like this that makes me wonder what writers of film and television shows excuses are for the drivel they crank out.  >.>

"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Aridas

Am I missing something? Is this webcomic sweeps?

topher chee

bill

Oh crap, ratings are down, we need to write in a pop star as the lead role.

Amber Williams

Abel's Story is about half coloured now. Should be up tonight no problem though I am currently on a mini-break. (aka: starting to draw next comic and unpacking stuff again)

Not too sure about the sweeps comment...I know it refers to a tv thing but I'm not 100% sure what since my tv knowledge has really fallen off the boat due to not watching it save for rare exceptions when someone else is and I just happen to be there.

Anyways.  The next arc is more or less a sister-arc to the current...in that it basically will be continuing this current storyline but since there are going to be new elements involved, it makes more sense to break it into 2 parts rather than deal with an incredibly long-running single arc.  Anyone going through the archives will likely just read it as a whole and not realize there is a change in arc titles.

bill

"Sweeps" is the period when the Neilson Diaries get mailed out to Neilson viewers, and TV shows try to get them to tune in.

Aridas

in simple terms, sweeps is aaaaaaaaall about the ratings.

bill

Zorro

Amber Williams

I seeeee.... :erk

I'm not entirely sure what DMFA would be rated on.  Unlike TV shows, people can read webcomics anytime without them competing with other timeslots.  But I guess I can see the point...I think.   I don't really get all into webcomic ratings...there are too many factors to be considered in some cases.  In the entire webcomic spectrum, furry comics are actually a small niche group in comparison.  That and I realize it can get to be an ugly game when people start trying to ply for large readerships and big hitcounts...so I usually avoid getting involved in stuf like that.

In other news, doing the final stages of Abel's Story now. There was a Photoshop crash, but luckily I saved enough earlier that the loss was minimal. I'd expect Abel's story to be up within half an hour...hour tops.

Reese Tora

Quote from: Amber Panyko on September 02, 2006, 10:46:09 PM
I seeeee.... :erk

I'm not entirely sure what DMFA would be rated on.  Unlike TV shows, people can read webcomics anytime without them competing with other timeslots.

So many web comics, so little time...  I most certainly don't check, let alone read, all 200+ comics I have links for every day.  A webcomic has to be quality, funny, interesting, etc. in order to hold my attention, and they most certainly are competing for my time.  atleast, at the volume of comic reading that I do, they're competing.

Most web sites in general can be rated by the average number of unique daily hits they recieve.  It's a little more objective than Nielson ratings, which are only a small sample, and not distributed through the general population in a way that could derive meaningful statistics for less main-stream shows... :animesweat
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

ShiningShadow

Ratings hmmmmmmmmmm  :rj stop the bus. When did this comic begain to have ratings. I never got the memo on this. :U Anywho I think we are over anylizing here. It's a comic for Pete's sake and salt and pepper shaker. I'm here for the HA HA's not to do a bloody hell book on the ratings you dig xD..........

Zedd

Dont spill the salt that bad luck! Or you'll get badluck snail!!  :U :U

ShiningShadow

Don't break any mirrors 7 years bad luck and all. :zombiekun3 Or don't let a black cat cross your path. :meh

Aridas

spilling salt isn't bad luck unless you don't throw it at the evil over your shoulder. (i forget which it is,but... you probably don't)

Zedd

I think throwing it over your sholder is good luck

xHaZxMaTx

Nah, it just cancels out the bad luck.

Zedd

Good point
DONT toss pepper peoples or people sneeze their brains out