Is the IRC down?

Started by Drayco84, June 11, 2013, 10:19:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drayco84

Sorry, not sure where else to put this.

Anyway, I'm unable to connect to the IRC. Is it down, or did my system just suddenly decide to hate the IRC or something?

EDIT: After further experimentation, and use of Steam, chat isn't down, but I'm completely unable to connect. This includes Mibbit, the CGI, Chatzilla, and XChat, which worked yesterday. (Earlier today if using EST.)
Also unable to connect with Google's DNS, nor Time Warner's DNS. Isitdownrightnow.com is also saying the site is down. (Which it also will if pings are forbidden, IIRC.)
XChat says "Unknown host", if that helps.

Mao

I noted it this morning as well.  I can try giving llearch a few pokes on various outlets but I imagine it's something he's already aware of and will likely deal with in due time.  I'll try sending him a PM.  I've already sent him a tweet but I know he's not really active on twitter.

Drayco84

Okay, I'm able to connect again. Couple of the other guys on Liatalk had problems, but then it cleared up for them, so...

Ah. Computers, eh?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Never went down for me. I'll have a look around, see if there's anything I can do to find out what happened...

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears