I come in peace!

Started by Bandersnatch, April 17, 2013, 01:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bandersnatch

Truly!

Hi, as you can see in my username, I like to go by Bandersnatch. I am not very creative with my introduction threads, so I'll just jump to the INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT FACTS.

I like both DMFA and Project Future, and registered to talk on their respective forums about the comics, and I also have a question which I'll ask at another date (but has to do with the DMFA universe!)

Salutations.  :mowhappy

Tapewolf

Quote from: Bandersnatch on April 17, 2013, 01:16:33 AM
Truly!

Hi, as you can see in my username, I like to go by Bandersnatch. I am not very creative with my introduction threads, so I'll just jump to the INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT FACTS.

Welcome aboard.  Don't forget to read the rules if you haven't already done so.  I'm kind of curious what inspired you to take that name - my immediate thought was the mountain-sized slug creatures from Larry Niven's universe but I imagine that wasn't the source of your inspiration.

QuoteI like both DMFA and Project Future, and registered to talk on their respective forums about the comics, and I also have a question which I'll ask at another date (but has to do with the DMFA universe!)
Salutations.  :mowhappy

Cool.  That's best to ask in the Lost Lake section, unless it pertains to the Project Future interpretation of the DMFAverse, of course :3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sicill

Yeah, welcome! Enjoy your stay.

Bandersnatch

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 17, 2013, 06:22:27 AM
Quote from: Bandersnatch on April 17, 2013, 01:16:33 AM
Truly!

Welcome aboard.  Don't forget to read the rules if you haven't already done so.  I'm kind of curious what inspired you to take that name - my immediate thought was the mountain-sized slug creatures from Larry Niven's universe but I imagine that wasn't the source of your inspiration.

Haha, no, in fact I don't think I've ever heard of this man nor his universe, but I now have something to do this morning. Research!

I'm actually a Lewis Carroll nut and love Wonderland and its entirety. Things like Alice in Wonderland movies and Skindeep are my cup of tea, so to speak. :mowtongue

Also thanks for the warm welcome, and my question could probably go in either yours or DMFA forum, but would probably better fit in the DMFA section.

EDIT;;

Actually, while I eventually get my "question" (which is more like several questions on one subject) all typed up and prettied, just a quick question on here: would I post this question on the Info Kiosk or on the "general' forms for DMFA?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Bandersnatch on April 17, 2013, 10:30:12 AM
Haha, no, in fact I don't think I've ever heard of this man nor his universe, but I now have something to do this morning. Research!

I'd recommend 'World of Ptaavs', which IIRC introduces the Bandersnatch.  It's a little dated in places and it clashes a little with some of the later stories, but it's still quite enjoyable.

QuoteActually, while I eventually get my "question" (which is more like several questions on one subject) all typed up and prettied, just a quick question on here: would I post this question on the Info Kiosk or on the "general' forms for DMFA?

I think that posted into the main Lost Lake section, there is more chance Amber will respond to it if she sees fit.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Bandersnatch

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 17, 2013, 05:37:37 PM
Quote from: Bandersnatch on April 17, 2013, 10:30:12 AM

I'd recommend 'World of Ptaavs', which IIRC introduces the Bandersnatch.  It's a little dated in places and it clashes a little with some of the later stories, but it's still quite enjoyable.

QuoteActually, while I eventually get my "question" (which is more like several questions on one subject) all typed up and prettied, just a quick question on here: would I post this question on the Info Kiosk or on the "general' forms for DMFA?

I think that posted into the main Lost Lake section, there is more chance Amber will respond to it if she sees fit.

Will do, and thanks!  :3

llearch n'n'daCorna

A frumious bandersnatch? How will we ever cope? ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Bandersnatch

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 18, 2013, 02:23:41 AM
A frumious bandersnatch? How will we ever cope? ;-]

I'mma mess you up  :mowninja

Just kidding, the mean one is my cousin, Jubjub bird. He's a bully. :<

llearch n'n'daCorna

Bully for you.