[Art] Liatai's Library - Commissions and Catch-Up

Started by Liatai, March 21, 2013, 11:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liatai

Wow, high compliments -- thank you, Kipiru!  :smile (Though you probably wouldn't have added the "with ease" part if you'd seen how long I spent trying to match colors on the screen with ones in my pencil box...  :animesweat)

It's been a while... time for an art dump.

|
(DeviantArt) (FurAffinity) (Tumblr) ||| (DeviantArt) (FurAffinity) (Weasyl) (Tumblr)

I've been trying to design a bunch of my drow characters so I can draw them more easily. Some are easier to set to paper than others.  :razz

I've also caught a small case of Pokemon fever, so I've been drawing a bunch of those in my spare time. Pokemon are great de-stressors after a lot of design work... you can give yourself more permission to be silly and bend the rules of anatomy when you're drawing cartoon monsters!

DA - 1 2 3 4
FA - 1 2 3 4
Weasyl - 1 2 3 4
Tumblr - 1 2 3 4

Meany

Poor Snivy.  Ne'er gonn get the girl when she's on fire. :v

Liatai

Quote from: Meany on July 06, 2014, 11:45:27 AM
Poor Snivy.  Ne'er gonn get the girl when she's on fire. :v

... Are they even in the same egg group? *looks*  :aack Well I'll be darned. All hail the mighty Field group.

Oh! I almost forgot. Might as well say it here instead of editing the art dump post. Any artists around who might be interested in doing an art trade with a newbie? :. I've never done one before, and it seems like something I should know how to do if I'm spending time around the art spheres of the internet.

Liatai

(DeviantArt) (FurAffinity) (Tumblr) ||| (DeviantArt) (FurAffinity) (Tumblr)

Been doodling more of my drow (and related non-drow characters) to get their designs out on paper so they'll be easier to draw when the mood strikes.

In case anyone was wondering which character I was yelling at to try to get them out of the armoire so I could draw them? Yeah... second guy from the right. That's Pellan'zyne. He's the camera-shy one.  :/

If you want to see how the height chart looks so far, click the links below.  :,

(DeviantArt) (FurAffinity) (Tumblr) (Weasyl)

Liatai

Have a random Mink. Just because. :3

Ghostwish

llearch n'n'daCorna

I have to wonder...

... is Mink Ambaargh's squeedily spooch?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ghostwish

Boxy - It is not a question. It is a religion.

Liatai

Hey there, folks! Been a while, eh?

I've finally opened myself up for commissions -- click here for details -- and I figured some of my sample pictures could serve as examples of the artwork I've been doing over the last few months. Undertale grabbed me pretty hard, as you'll see. :B

WhiteFox

Do you have policies sorted out? eg:
Will you accept payment through paypal, DA points, or steam?
Payments paid half up front, half on completion.
Proofs? ie: buyer gets to see a concept sketch and draft versions of each stage of the process before the artwork is finalized (eg: pencil, ink, flat color, rendering), and may request changes at those points, but if they want significant revisions after the proofs have been approved, they have to pay extra for the additional work required (Protects the artist from being milked for extra art, eg: "my character is supposed to be a cat, not a dog" when they're actually mining for art of two completely different characters).
Are character refs required? I find that if the client doesn't have a model sheet or other artwork, there's a lot of back-and-forth discussion required to get the characters look just right. Which is a good reason to charge extra for model sheets.

Just a few things to possibly consider.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Liatai

Actually, yes, I have all of those sorted out. c: I just didn't toss them onto the post because it was long enough as is. Thanks!