the march mix webcomic madness qualifying round begins!

Started by icarus, March 04, 2013, 12:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

icarus

http://www.comicmix.com/mix-march-madness-webcomics-tournament/2013/03/04/announcing-mix-march-madness-2013-seeding-round/

DMFA is on there as just "miss mab" i think...which is an odd title but hey! give it some love!
(also give any other comic you like some love cause you can only vote once in the qualifying rounds)

(...also my comic is in there too but mostly. mostly. mostly. remember to vote dmfa)

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Jasae Bushae

probably because its the URL...but this is a neat discovery! ^^
hmm lets see...ill also toss in a vote for cutsey cucumber quest, scary unsounded, silly widdershins and...sure, ill toss you a vote too XD
I might be a hack writer but thats no reason not to Enjoy writing anyways
http://greenfrostfire.deviantart.com/

icarus

yeah, i think you're right about the url being mistaken for the title. but it still makes me scratch my head. a nanosecond on the site wouldn't have left any confusion as to the actual comic title :O

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Amber Williams

I highly recommend folks vote for inhuman.

These kind of contests are not contests I personally like to embark upon. 

icarus

i figure if dmfa makes it out of the seeding round it'll just get a few new readers :O nothing shameful in that!

i mean just in sheer rabid fan numbers, there's no way any mere mortal will beat a comic like homestuck.

Sofox

Well it looks like DMFA didn't make it to the next round, but Inhuman did! Congrats Icarus, and while I would say something comforting to Amber, this is stalled by the fact this seems to be what she wanted to happen.

You're up against Shortpacked for the next round, Icarus, so this'll be tricky.

Of interest is that Leftover Soup was tallied for votes (though not making it to next round), despite not actually being in the poll. Apparently you can buy votes with real money, and someone spent $10 worth of votes to write in Leftover Soup.

icarus

yeah i'm not sure how i feel about the buying votes thing :O i mean the money is all going to charities but it does seem like it'd skew comics with rich readerbases (or rich creators) as having a better chance.

shortpacked looks pretty set to kick my butt but the creator seems like a nice fella so i'm fine with that hahaha