Hello!

Started by jcsjr85, December 10, 2012, 09:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcsjr85

Hello all, been a lurker some time now fanally registered and a fan of DMFA for about 2 years (which led me here in the first place).
So again hello to all! :mowsmile

Tapewolf

Hi there.  Don't forget to read the rules if you haven't already done so, and welcome to our little corner of the 'net, hope you have fun.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ignuus66

(credit: Gabi)

jcsjr85

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 11, 2012, 06:49:37 PM
Hi there.  Don't forget to read the rules if you haven't already done so, and welcome to our little corner of the 'net, hope you have fun.
Thank you and yes I went through the rules before signing on. :mowwink

Darkmoon

I'll be the admin that reminds you to maybe take a more thorough once-over of the rules.

See: http://clockworkmansion.com/main.php?page=rules#rule06a1
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Aww, man! I was looking forwards to pointing that out. *pout*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

dracone

Hi, I'm new to the forums. I just started DMFA a little over a month ago. I really like RPGs and for some reason I that the site might start posting supplement materials for playing in the DMFA world, it got off to a good start with the Demonology section, I mostly thought this because of all the RPG references and the that Amber was getting some letters asking for something like that.

Tapewolf

Quote from: dracone on December 13, 2012, 04:53:34 PM
Hi, I'm new to the forums. I just started DMFA a little over a month ago. I really like RPGs and for some reason I that the site might start posting supplement materials for playing in the DMFA world, it got off to a good start with the Demonology section, I mostly thought this because of all the RPG references and the that Amber was getting some letters asking for something like that.

There is actually a DMFA DnD thing, though it's not canon.
I think this the the main site for it, but I'm not completely sure.
http://dndmfa.wikia.com/wiki/Dungeons_and_DMFA_-_a_fanmade_d20_Furrae_addon_Wiki

There is also a section of the forum for roleplaying - The Haunted Ballroom - though they're usually run more along the lines of a collaborative story than a tabletop game with stats and suchlike.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Darkmoon

Mab and I have talked about doing an RPG system for DMFA (and official one). So far, it's been hard to pin her down for it.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Darkmoon on December 14, 2012, 12:47:34 PM
Mab and I have talked about doing an RPG system for DMFA (and official one). So far, it's been hard to pin her down for it.

... Use bigger nails?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

dracone

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 18, 2012, 09:11:22 AM
Quote from: Darkmoon on December 14, 2012, 12:47:34 PM

... Use bigger nails?

While the nail thing might work eventually, maybe you should look at the varieties of table top RPGs like D&D, GURPS, World of Darkness, etc and maybe you'll get an idea of how to lay the foundation, after that the rest should start coming to you.

Ignuus66

If you lack nails, use magnets. They solve everything!

Damaris

The foundation is already fairly well laid out - it's a matter of adapting the characters to the gaming engine so that none of them are too overpowered.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Ignuus66

Quote from: Damaris on February 13, 2013, 10:50:49 PM
The foundation is already fairly well laid out - it's a matter of adapting the characters to the gaming engine so that none of them are too overpowered.
I think the problem would not be having characters overpowered, but some being underpowered (beings)

Darkmoon

What you have to do is rule out some of the races. For example, the Fae are basically Gods. While everyone would want to play as one of them, customizing a game engine that includes the fae would be a nightmare -- besides which, they're also, basically, immortal, so there would never be any fear of death or danger.

dracone

Darkmoon is right, while a perfectly viable npc race as a pc Fae would only make sense if the whole party consisted of them and the campaigns they were in were tailored be challenging for Fae. Also Mythos might be a little hard since they have so many variants, providing a list of 30 or 40 varieties of Mythos would be low balling from what I remember reading in the demonology page at DMFA it would also mean that each race would require its own chapter and the character creation portion would say refer to chapter x in character creation as opposed to having a small reference section to work with, which may or may not be a good idea.