11/27/2012 [Tanp #27] - but wait, there's more!

Started by Raskahn, November 27, 2012, 12:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raskahn

My my, Clacton-on-sea comes to mind.

Also, I love the art style and i certainly see it developing in a quick pace. keep it up!

justacritic

Tapewolf

Quote from: justacritic on November 27, 2012, 01:02:02 PM
Youthful Jakob is youthful wow...

A lot of that is Toho's style.  Jakob at this point is about 400.

Originally this story was planned for two chapters - childhood and adulthood - but it didn't really show the dynamics between Jakob and Page very well, so it was expanded to include a third.  They are now divided as 'Childhood', 'Ha'Khun' and 'Jakob'.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

joshofspam

Seems like Jacob's clothes might be a bit worn. Either he's trying to less conspicuous by being in beggar clothes or the last town was a little bit more then being intolerant.

I wonder if Page's town ever had problems with dragons?

Edit: I wouldn't think it would, after all, even in the current time of Tapes comic Page is still well known for his ruling of that town. But being a town (or is it a kingdom) with so many races passing through with different idea's in such a time. Well...it seems like problems would crop up between new comers and the permanent residents.

Though I suppose it also depends on when this story takes place compaired to the DMFA story line.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

Quote from: joshofspam on November 27, 2012, 09:48:30 PM
Though I suppose it also depends on when this story takes place compaired to the DMFA story line.

I think at this point it's about 500 years prior

Gabi

How exactly did Jakob's wings appear? Or did he make them appear, in which case how did he realize they were allowed? Sorry, I'm a bit confused.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on November 29, 2012, 09:11:45 AM
How exactly did Jakob's wings appear? Or did he make them appear, in which case how did he realize they were allowed? Sorry, I'm a bit confused.

Toho did kind of break that bit.  Had it been done in a few more panels it would have been easier to see.
Panel 4 immediately follows panel 3, i.e. he can see the crowd

Originally it was even worse, in that Jakob was fully-winged throughout despite the fact that he'd just had to flee from the last town for revealing them.