24/09/12 [DMFA #1339] - The Stompening

Started by Tapewolf, September 24, 2012, 08:03:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Prroul on September 25, 2012, 08:00:45 PM
Wildey put her reputation as an Adventurer on the line for him, and he acted the fool. That's going to really hurt her cred, regardless of how well founded Abel's paranoia of adventurers might be.

It's not paranoia when they are out to get you...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Pvblivs

He didn't act the fool.  Abel very sensibly realized that they may as well have been proposing that he voluntarily stick his head in a hangman's noose and trust them not to kill him.  I see no reason to think that those adventurers were trying to do anything other than throw him off his guard so that they could more easily attack him.  If he bought the line of "checking out the story," it would be easy to kill him.

Starcat5

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 25, 2012, 08:03:23 PM
It's not paranoia when they are out to get you...
No, that just makes it very well founded paranoia.
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Tapewolf

Quote from: Pvblivs on September 25, 2012, 09:01:49 PM
He didn't act the fool.  Abel very sensibly realized that they may as well have been proposing that he voluntarily stick his head in a hangman's noose and trust them not to kill him.  I see no reason to think that those adventurers were trying to do anything other than throw him off his guard so that they could more easily attack him.  If he bought the line of "checking out the story," it would be easy to kill him.

I spent a while wondering what I'd do in that position.  And there are a number of things I'd have done differently, more diplomatically for example.  But I wouldn't have wanted to go with them. Even if Wildy and/or Jyrras hunted them down afterwards, you'd still be dead.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Naldru

Personally, I think Wildy is mad at Abel because he ran off from the party without telling Jyrras and Wildy what was going on.  If he had, Wildy would have gone with them.  Having two people against the BOB would have been more effective and would have also had some additional options.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

KiloFoxx

Quote from: Naldru on September 26, 2012, 06:18:47 AM
Personally, I think Wildy is mad at Abel because he ran off from the party without telling Jyrras and Wildy what was going on.  If he had, Wildy would have gone with them.  Having two people against the BOB would have been more effective and would have also had some additional options.

that is a very good point that didn't cross my mind