8/10/2012 [DMFA #1329] - Moar flashback! Doodly-doodly-doodly…

Started by Jairus, August 10, 2012, 12:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiloFoxx

is it possible Fa'Llina meant Dan overreacting or otherwise going out of control in that month?

also just wondering, are there any 'Cubi clans with a Chaos affinity?

Lying Foo

Quote from: Pvblivs on August 12, 2012, 10:45:10 PM
Okay, I'm having to wonder just how stupid Nitemyst is.  (And I'm hoping I got the right name.)  The Phoenix culture is not based on relaying information.  It is based on obscuring it.  Even though what they say is technically true, deriving a useful truth is virtually impossible.

If this were true, they'd be out of business.  Clearly adventurers do get useful information from their riddles, since they do keep coming, albeit reluctantly, and if it's a matter of course to check with them whether lost adventurers are alive, "the life of Destania has ended" has got to be pretty much the upper limit for their obfuscation.  Nitemyst's only mistake here is not considering the fact that there's almost guaranteed to be "some other Lost Lake Cubi floating about somewhere."
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Pvblivs

Remember "the star that shines withers the rose of midnight."  That was the response given first.  Teasing something useful out of that is not within reason.  And Pyroduck never did find his ball.  Plus, I'm not even sure if the Phoenixes care whether they get business or not.  But this comic really leads me to believe that useful information is not what you are going to get from them.

Lying Foo

But the riddle with the ball wasn't really that hard.  And I don't think "the Star that shines withers the rose of midnight" was the end of it, just the point where Aary said "screw this."
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 12, 2012, 05:21:01 AM
Quote from: Lying Foo on August 12, 2012, 03:50:02 AM(Although I am kind of holding out hope for an explanation of a friggin' dragon at SAIA.)
Ambaargh mentioned in the forum somewhere, it's a mythos, not a dragon. Sorry I've not got the interest in looking up the link, but it might be referenced in the wiki...

This makes me wonder... Has Pyro ever been to SAIA, and for how long? Just living there or taking classes? Do non-cubi ever take classes there? We already know non-cubi teach at SAIA.

Quote from: Lying Foo on August 13, 2012, 12:44:07 AM
Quote from: Pvblivs on August 12, 2012, 10:45:10 PM
Okay, The Phoenix culture is not based on relaying information.  It is based on obscuring it.  Even though what they say is technically true, deriving a useful truth is virtually impossible.
If this were true, they'd be out of business.  Clearly adventurers do get useful information from their riddles, since they do keep coming, albeit reluctantly, and if it's a matter of course to check with them whether lost adventurers are alive, "the life of Destania has ended" has got to be pretty much the upper limit for their obfuscation.

When truth is obscured, you can glean the truth out of what you hear, or misunderstand and miss the hidden truth. I still  maintain though that if it sounds like the phoenix oracles are giving plain answers, they might not be truthful.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Kuzma Volkov

Hmm just wondering now. Dan is sorta responsible in a sense for dealing with DP. What if Merl ran into DP and Regina? Would it then be sort of said that Dan was responsible for his death? I mean he did fail at stopping his revival and ended up having a pleasant night with his sister...

icarus

Quote from: Nino on August 12, 2012, 08:40:31 PM
How about one of my Cubi designs from this pic (unfinished). I don't have a fursona or anything but I love these gals. They're supposed to have backwings but I haven't put them in yet (pixel art takes a really long time).

does that one have a flower tail? and the one with the batwings and the bowl cut looks wicked cute. i think i might pick her. yes.

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

supermike

Quote from: Nino on August 10, 2012, 01:42:55 AM

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1265.php

We're at chapter 30! I'm not sure if this has been brought up already, but I just noticed it :p

Logically the only person capable of producing a gun is Jyrras.  He had those auto-turrets and has been stuck doing research to avoid the press.

e_voyager

Quote from: supermike on August 15, 2012, 11:39:02 AM

We're at chapter 30! I'm not sure if this has been brought up already, but I just noticed it :p

Logically the only person capable of producing a gun is Jyrras.  He had those auto-turrets and has been stuck doing research to avoid the press.

actually i think guns were invent before Jyrrias but i think he mastered the building of the gun if not the use of them. remember he's a good shot as well he tranquilized Dan form a roof top from who knows how far away.,
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Nino

Quote from: icarus on August 15, 2012, 10:03:44 AM
Quote from: Nino on August 12, 2012, 08:40:31 PM
How about one of my Cubi designs from this pic (unfinished). I don't have a fursona or anything but I love these gals. They're supposed to have backwings but I haven't put them in yet (pixel art takes a really long time).

does that one have a flower tail? and the one with the batwings and the bowl cut looks wicked cute. i think i might pick her. yes.

Yes! It is supposed to be a mythos Cubi. Whether there are actually Mythos that look like that I didn't care :p

The bowl cut one is my favorite, so that sounds awesome :D

Ignuus66

Quote from: e_voyager on August 15, 2012, 09:40:02 PM
Quote from: supermike on August 15, 2012, 11:39:02 AM

actually i think guns were invent before Jyrrias but i think he mastered the building of the gun if not the use of them. remember he's a good shot as well he tranquilized Dan form a roof top from who knows how far away.,
As mab put it:
the non-jyrras guns are (I think) muskets and flintlocks, and are viewed as an oddity and not really a weapon, as they were not viewed as a good way of killing creatures, and thus were not developed into the weapons that could actually do some damage. (I have to add that the only reason guns became widespread on Earth is because they require much less training than bows to be used effectively, but before the early 1700-s, they were worse than bows in a well trained archer's hands.)

(credit: Gabi)

e_voyager

that still lends credence to Jyrass mastering building the gun. also what kind of rifle did he use to take down Dan at the beach anyway? was it one of his own?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Ignuus66

Quote from: e_voyager on August 16, 2012, 11:11:40 PM
that still lends credence to Jyrass mastering building the gun. also what kind of rifle did he use to take down Dan at the beach anyway? was it one of his own?
that was a tranquilizer rifle, which uses compressed air to throw out a non-lethal needle which injects sleeping drugs into the target. Also that was the "non-canon" area, soI wouldnt count anything that happened there to be canon.

(credit: Gabi)

e_voyager

wait are you saying that the beach story arch was non cannon? i admit that whole bill gates computer camp thing is a bit out there but for the entire arc to be non cannon yet referred to by so many later comics is confusing.  heck twinks a cow named Lorenda and get me to the church make direct references to what happened back then as did unwilling and Abel

Tapewolf

Quote from: e_voyager on August 17, 2012, 03:26:40 AM
wait are you saying that the beach story arch was non cannon? i admit that whole bill gates computer camp thing is a bit out there but for the entire arc to be non cannon yet referred to by so many later comics is confusing.

I think Amber's treating those as "It happened, but it might not have happened quite as presented"

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

e_voyager

ah like mab saying i'm being plot convenient to ary that one time. we don't know what she said exactly but we know she said something the instantly convinced her to drop the subject and it's up to our imagination to fill in the rest?

Tapewolf

Quote from: e_voyager on August 17, 2012, 03:35:44 AM
ah like mab saying i'm being plot convenient to ary that one time. we don't know what she said exactly but we know she said something the instantly convinced her to drop the subject and it's up to our imagination to fill in the rest?

http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,9105.msg364669.html#msg364669
...the last paragraph is the relevant one.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Nino

Quote from: e_voyager on August 17, 2012, 03:26:40 AM
wait are you saying that the beach story arch was non cannon? i admit that whole bill gates computer camp thing is a bit out there but for the entire arc to be non cannon yet referred to by so many later comics is confusing.  heck twinks a cow named Lorenda and get me to the church make direct references to what happened back then as did unwilling and Abel

So wait, what you're saying is that the start of sentences, proper pronouns, story arc titles, and both the first and last name of Bill Gates don't get caps, but character names do? Also, I think that story arch was non-cannon. Maybe you think it would be better with a cannon, but it's sort of a small arch, so I don't know if it would support it well.

e_voyager

Thanks tape it was an enlightening link

blame spell checker nino. i rarely deal with the grammar side of thing but when i do i try to follow the most basic rules. when i use spell checker it will something cap a name like Abel but not one like bill. Lorenda was a wild card. i think i added it to the Google spell check dictionary years ago.

i also found this link saying killed may leave room for interpretation believe it or not.