Did someone lose a mow at Anthrocon?

Started by Amber Williams, July 17, 2012, 12:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amber Williams

I just got someone who mentioned in the lost and found, there is a knit mow there (you can actually see the poor lil guy on the main page of the site at: http://www.anthrocon.org/ )  My guess is someone bought one from my table and then unfortunately the little monster escaped. :U

I'll probably post this on the main page of the site in a bit, but if it belonged to any of you or you know who may have lost it, you should go claim it since AC is offering to mail it back to you.

Sofox

This is the most hilarious lost and found collection ever!

On a side note, they deal with these things awesomely. I left behind a Megadrive cartrige (still boxed) and after I asked about it and sent my address, the mailed it back to me for free!

justacritic

Quote from: Sofox on July 17, 2012, 05:44:12 AM

On a side note, they deal with these things awesomely. I left behind a Megadrive cartrige (still boxed) and after I asked about it and sent my address, the mailed it back to me for free!
Now that is service!

Darkmoon

An actual, Region 2, Megadrive cartridge, or just a Genesis one? Is the Genesis/Megadrive region locked?

Maybe I'm derailing this thread, but I must have answers!
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Sofox

Quote from: Darkmoon on July 17, 2012, 01:17:13 PM

An actual, Region 2, Megadrive cartridge, or just a Genesis one? Is the Genesis/Megadrive region locked?

Maybe I'm derailing this thread, but I must have answers!

Funny you should say that...

I bought several MegaDrive games that year, they all had "Genesis" on them and most of them worked perfectly in my European MegaDrive (I've even had Japanese carts work fine in it in the past, though I had to take a set of pliers to open the cartridge slot up a bit on the MegaDrive so it would fit); however the ONE game that I bought that year that didn't work in the console specifically due to region lockout was the same game I lost that year and had returned to me. It was World of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck (and I played that in my childhood and knew it was good, strong co-op for a platformer too).

Since you're so curious about this, the Japanese game I played a while back were Moonwalker and Rockman collection (Megaman 1, 2 & 3 on one cart).
The other games I bought that Anthrocon, had "Genesis" on them and all worked perfectly in my console were Beavis and Butt-head, Last Action Hero, Paperboy, Home Alone, Road Rash II, Mickey Mania: The Timeless Adventures of Mickey Mouse and Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse (you can see how I wonder why 2 Mickey Mouse games work fine and the 3rd doesn't, don't know why)

As a final addendum, I clearly did not learn my lesson as this year I bought Genesis version of Eternal Champions (probably from the same guys), and just now I'm getting the message "Developed for use only with NTSC Genesis systems."

Hope that clears it up.

Amber Williams

Gosh darn you nerds!  'A'

In other news, I messaged the con peeps about the mow and they mentioned the owner managed to contact them so all is well!  :mowmeep

Turnsky

Quote from: Amber Williams on July 18, 2012, 01:43:06 AM
Gosh darn you nerds!  'A'

In other news, I messaged the con peeps about the mow and they mentioned the owner managed to contact them so all is well!  :mowmeep

oh hush, you're just as big of a nerd as the rest of us.  :P

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

ShadesFox

That's good that its owner was found. I was the one who found the poor thing left behind and turned it in. The con ops people were all "That is so cute O_O"
The All Purpose Fox