Super Deformed Mega Man remake (PSP)

Started by Paavo, September 08, 2005, 03:29:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkmoon

So it's going to play just like the original, but just be really ugly?

Sin Ominous

Looks like the backgrounds were inspired by the Genesis game, Wily Wars.

Destina Faroda

Mega Man's normal design isn't exactly proportional, and this version only makes things worse.  I mean I like SD, but this is too far, even for my tastes.

Of course I'm a Capcom shill and will play it if I get the chance.  :D
Sig coming...whenever...

Helena

yeah they have ruined mega man for me now...I used to semi like it, now i just...dont.
Mirror, mirror, on the wall, whose to say who I really am at all?

Mageknight Locke

megaman was deformed anyway, that is just WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY too much, and the entire series has gone to the dogs lately, i cant even bring myself to play half the X series anymore, and the X series is by far the best IMO

Darkmoon

I didn't even really jones on X3. and that was during the heyday. The X series really peaked with 2.

Paavo

I understand the sourness what comes to the deicision of making characters SD (eventhough I think having Megis in proportions wouldn`t delivered the uber cuteness of the original 8-bit sprite), bu tjust look at the whole screens!

State of the fucking art of 2D gaming. Oh yes plz, I want MORE! :zombiekun

And the X series has hardly anything to do with the classic 6 Mega Man games. They >>>>>>>>> X series.  :januscat

Darkmoon

Firslty, I liked the first two Xs better than anything that came out from the original series, although Classic 2 and 3 were pretty boss.

And Paavo, there were 8 Classic Mage Man Games, not counting the various Mega Man and Bass incarnations.

Paavo

Quote from: Darkmoon on September 08, 2005, 02:49:22 PM
And Paavo, there were 8 Classic Mage Man Games, not counting the various Mega Man and Bass incarnations.

This is the truth. I have a habit of cherishing the 6 NES ones as "classic", but I agree Mega Man for SNES and PSX are Mega Man titles like the rest of them. I actually could count Mega Men & Bass as the ninth installation. But that is just me.

And the X series is pretty darn ownage material too (;)), but I still enjoyed mine Mega Men the classic way better. Just my opinion, naturally!

On a second note, I hear the remake for the PSP is actually 3D graphics! o_O

I could`ve sworn it was sprites!

Darkmoon

Well I can't check it at that link now. The page is gone.

(shrugs) I dunno, the original Mega Man series just didn't have the flava I really enjoyed. I felt the series gerew and matured a hell of a lot more (as in, it jelled better) with the X series.

Paavo

Quote from: Darkmoon on September 09, 2005, 01:09:32 PM
Well I can't check it at that link now. The page is gone.

Yeah it is!  :blink

I wonder what the fuck happened!?

Edit: Oh, and X was good. More that good, actually. But my heart is with the NES titles all the way. ;)

Darkmoon

I liked the Xs because, for whatever reason, they were just hard enough to give a bit of challenge, but not impossible for someone like me to beat.

Helena

i prefer classics over new stuff mostly...
Mirror, mirror, on the wall, whose to say who I really am at all?

Sin Ominous

Mageknight Locke

:stupid *follows suit and raises karma* i must admit im a complete sad act, i still play the original ultimas in their apple ][ incarnations, even though they were made 6-3 years before i was even born

Jorge D. Fuentes

I'm gonna go ahead and raise Helena's Karma as well.
I'm a softie for Old-school gaming.
It's the reason I'm into Castlevania and stuff... and MegaMan... and Super Mario, and Gradius.  I just love the oldschool sprite stuff.

Not that I'm knocking 3D or the newgen games... just... the old ones have a certain Charm that I can't ignore.

I'm one of those suckers who bought the "Classic" Castlevania for GBA (as well as Zelda 1 and 2).  I likes the 8bit, yo.

Destina Faroda

I wonder if the "old-school" market is even larger than game producers realize.  While there are people who will always go for the shiny CGI and million polygon characters, I have to wonder if gamers would prefer 2D to 3D if given the opportunity.  I mean unlike old cartoons that you may love but have to admit are kinda cheesy, older games do retain a basic quality in the critical factor of their control, level design, etc.  Or maybe we're just the vocal minority and the only reason why it seems like there are more of us is because we all talk to each other....
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

Yeah, well I know quite a few people that go "Oh, the new graphics are better. Spritework sucks." They're morons, but not everyone is gonna agree.

Jorge D. Fuentes

Wow, those screenshots are impressive-looking.
I always liked the Waterfalls at the end of Armored Armadillo's stage, but they look really really good on that screenshot.

Looks like 3D graphics again.

Green Lantern

I always prefered the NES ones too, but I thought 6 was bogus. Have you guys played the GB Megaman games? They get no love. Megaman V for Gameboy is actually my favorite Megaman game. It's the one where he battles the planet based Stardroids.

Mageknight Locke

the only reason i liked 6 was because of the jet adapter, that freaking owned

Darkmoon

You're the second person to have suggested MMV. I honestly ish I'd had a chance toplay it,because it was the first fairly original idea to come out of that series.

Slayer...

Well, the deformity does fit in with the light hearted tone of the MM series...It looks pretty cool, actually...

Paavo

I actually thought this MMX remake looked like crapz0r}{z.

I hope we get some better OG Mega Man PSP remake shots tho, since the link I sent doesn`t even woik no moez!  ^_^

Slayer...

The X one does look pretty shitty, I wouldn't buy it if I had PsP...besides, I own the original MegamanX for my SNES...

Alucard_The_Great

ferreal dough! Dats wat me meh crue and da rest of da homiez be talkin bout! we dun like dat remake BULLSHIT dat wat da homiez said...

arrgh shitza!

gimme some skin n****! (haha!)

Darkmoon

Aight man, I gotta lay out a warning and bit of a suggestion to you for that little spurt there.

1) We really don't want use of particular wrods here on the forum. Racial slurs of any kind, be them in slang or not, are not allowed here.

2) This is the suggestion. I would advise to to refrain from ebonics here in the future. I don't want to have to try and sift through what you're saying, and will more likely delete your posts entirely than be bothered to read them.

Slayer...

Um, when it ends in an "a", it's not a racial slur, it's basically the same as saying "whats up mi amigos."
If it ends in "er", than yeah, that's racist...