01/13/2012 [DMFA #1277] - Bad, very bad and worse

Started by Tapewolf, January 13, 2012, 05:54:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

That's not looking at all good.  Not only because Piflak could be mad at Dan for something his family indirectly caused, but also because Hizell might be planning a little visit to Destania's inn, and Dan himself is liable to appear on the radar.

As for Mink, unbuttoning the shirt would solve the immediate problem.

[EDIT:  I thought Hizell was Pyroduck's father - but I'm not sure that was ever proven or disproven]

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Arcblade

Re: Amber's comment 2 comics ago... yep, that would be a good deal more awkward if Jakob didn't have a shirt on.  Poor Jakob would be getting tentacle-hugged.   >:3

Actually, that could still happen.  At any rate, Dan's in trouble.  Poor, poor Dan.

Tapewolf

It occurs to me that Hizell probably collected a lot of Jin 'trading cards'.  That's not going to help Mink stay calm.

joshofspam

"Ohhhhh Jakob, you make such a terrible Snuggy."

"But your ability to add to Mink's anxiety is second to non.....Well maybe to the librarian, Buuuuut..."

What Tape has said does make me wonder, someone is hunting cubi like in the dragon wars by a certain trademark used by a certain dragon. But we do have one cubi, a dragon, Fay, Demon cow and a vicious ferret that spend most of their time there.

That might be the worst place for whoever this is to attack. Though I can't think attacking the Twinks territory would be any better. Though they both would probably make for one awesome battle scene.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

Quote from: joshofspam on January 13, 2012, 10:14:15 AM
What Tape has said does make me wonder, someone is hunting cubi like in the dragon wars by a certain trademark used by a certain dragon. But we do have one cubi, a dragon, Fay, Demon cow and a vicious ferret that spend most of their time there.

Pyroduck's very young for a dragon, and since he has a pro-'cubi stance, family ties won't be a saving grace.  If Hizell decides he's in the way, he'd take him out.  I don't see Abel winning a fight like that either, and Talliopa seems to have been stronger than most Demons.

However, Mab and possibly Albanion as well - that could be enough to make him think twice.  We'll have to wait and see what happens.  But I can't help thinking that it would be plot-convenient for a dragon attack on the inn while Dan is safely at the Academy.

Ghostwish

So, I saw this comic, and immediately went to our IRC channel. My very first comment:

Ghostwish: LIIAATAAAIIIII. THE MINKNESS. IT'S HITTING CRITICAL MASS.

Oh Mink. XP

Wanderer

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 13, 2012, 05:54:15 AM[EDIT:  I thought Hizell was Pyroduck's father - but I'm not sure that was ever proven or disproven]

I don't know about proven, but it's implied fairly strongly.

FairWage22

Okay,

Even with the "chunk removed with the Clan Marking" mention, the only thing I can think of is a movie from the '80s called 'F/X'.  An *actress* who is *The Best in Her Field* (Piflak's criteria for her descendants being that exacting)...

Speculation:

That all aside, based on evidence Hizell likes to play the 'long game' with the infrequent claw-wetting.   If this and Destania's efforts are to 'draw him out', then that would control the battleground and potentially 'win the war' (even though it's apparently at a fragile peace at the moment).

After all, while most Creatures wouldn't say 'Boo' to an elder dragon going to town on something, harming even *one* hair on Lorenda's head would bring down the wrath of Kria, wouldn't it?  And potentially even...  Aliph.   Wouldn't that be a clinker?
For decades I viewed myself as a 'wageslave', captive to whims of others and not realizing that by Naming myself that I *defined* myself.

Now many years older and wiser, I am trying to be the change  I want to see.

Alondro

*Charline is FURIOUS!!*  She was my favorite actress!  I WAS A RABID FAN GIRL!!! 

*Charles gasps!*  Cutting off clan marks... kinda like... cutting off Cutie Marks!   :erk

Hizell is responsible for "Cupcakes"!  I'll bet he even dances around is a dress he made from the cubi clan marks!  THAT EVIL BASTARD!!   

*Charline AND Charles!  Agreeing on something!*  DEATH TO THE DRAGONS!!   :mob

*Alondro peeks in*  As nice as it is to see you two... uhm... getting along, as the sole voice of reason, I'm obliged to point out that this could be someone trying to frame Hizell.  A habit like that is foolish, as it gives mutual enemies an easy means to sow anger, as well as misdirect attention from themselves.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Tapewolf

Quote from: Wageslave94 on January 13, 2012, 12:08:14 PM
Even with the "chunk removed with the Clan Marking" mention, the only thing I can think of is a movie from the '80s called 'F/X'.  An *actress* who is *The Best in Her Field* (Piflak's criteria for her descendants being that exacting)...

That gets a bit conspiracy theory-ish because AFAIK Piflak has the ability to know if a clan member is alive or not.  That might mean that Talliopa has somehow broken or subverted the link, or it might mean that she [Piflak] is in on it and is feigning her wrath.  But the simplest option is that Talliopa has been murdered, especially as she has no-one after her blood, so no obvious motive to fake her death.

QuoteAfter all, while most Creatures wouldn't say 'Boo' to an elder dragon going to town on something, harming even *one* hair on Lorenda's head would bring down the wrath of Kria, wouldn't it?  And potentially even...  Aliph.

Dragons are horrifically powerful in DMFA.  Fae powerful.  He'd pulp them all.

Alondro

*Charline calls in the Dovakin to destroy Hizell!  It's... Fluttershy...*  Uhm.. fus ro dah? *Hizell GLARES*  Meep!
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Madmann135

The only thing that I am surprised about is that Mink was able to get under Tape's shirt without unbuttoning it.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Akisohida

Quote from: Madmann135 on January 13, 2012, 04:19:11 PM
The only thing that I am surprised about is that Mink was able to get under Tape's shirt without unbuttoning it.

Abel got under a bucket. It's cubi powers!
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

James StarRunner

What I find most amusing is the knowledge that Tape does not generally like hugs. For squiggly tentacley hugs to occur within his shirt... priceless. :3

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Wanderer on January 13, 2012, 11:29:28 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on January 13, 2012, 05:54:15 AM[EDIT:  I thought Hizell was Pyroduck's father - but I'm not sure that was ever proven or disproven]

I don't know about proven, but it's implied fairly strongly.

I've found nothing definitively linking Hizell and Ducky's father other than race. Hizell was not said to be Fa'lina's friend before the war like Ducky's father was. Nothing of the sort is yet proven, disproved or even strongly hinted as far as I can tell.

And Mink is again wearing Jakob's shirt... this time with Jakob in it too!
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

joshofspam

Now that Amiga mentions it, the comic hasn't been mentioned yet exactly which dragon is Ducky's father. All we really know is Ducky's father was one of the worst that was originally friends with Fa'lina.

For all we know up until now Hitzell  and Ducky's dad were two different dragons, but were two of the worst of the elder dragons. Though my memory has been getting a little bit unresponsive as late. I it mentioned somewhere that Pyroducks dad is Hitzell?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Jasae Bushae

Welp, just to take a wild guess i suspect this wont be a quiet unmemorable meeting XD
I might be a hack writer but thats no reason not to Enjoy writing anyways
http://greenfrostfire.deviantart.com/

Ryy Lazurus

I now recall a wee bit of forshadowing http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1035.php.

Mab made it clear that things in Furrae would get bad at some point. I think that that time is fast approching.

VAE

Quote from: Ryy Lazurus on January 13, 2012, 09:49:06 PM
I now recall a wee bit of forshadowing http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1035.php.

Mab made it clear that things in Furrae would get bad at some point. I think that that time is fast approching.

I wonder when were things *not* bad in Furrae. I mean, this is what ,a few thousand years ( i.e. a creature lifespan) after the Dragon-Cubi war.
Kinda like the space between WWI and WWII , really.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

BabylonRanger

FairWage22

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 13, 2012, 12:17:38 PM

Dragons are horrifically powerful in DMFA.  Fae powerful.  He'd pulp them all.

However, it has been noted that the Fae have their limits--albeit usually self-imposed.  Further, a 'cubi (Cyra) managed to tap into *one* dragon clan's methodology of power which means that they aren't perfect and do have flaws that can be exploited.

Admittedly, it'd be quite the stretch, but Kria is a Scary Momma Bear.  If anyone would go 'over 9000' it'd probably be her with her demonstrated passions for family.  After all, Lorenda's father saw someone on the side and ended up scattered over the landscape in pieces of varying size.

Separate tangent:  It'd be a heck of a stunner if the 'cubi leaders and representatives that showed up for the meeting turned to Dan and said (shorthand) "Look, kid, we don't like it any more than you, but your mom, she's really messing things up and she's gotta go."
For decades I viewed myself as a 'wageslave', captive to whims of others and not realizing that by Naming myself that I *defined* myself.

MT Hazard

Looks like Mink does need to breath after all, that or he's a fan of the dramatic effect.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Ignuus66

I'm really looking forward to Abel meeting hizell, considering abel's attitude towards dragons.

(credit: Gabi)

Ghostwish

Quote from: Ignuus66 on January 14, 2012, 09:05:49 AM
I'm really looking forward to Abel meeting hizell, considering abel's attitude towards dragons.

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

Abel would never, ever want to meet Hizell in any form or fashion, except maybe to take a snapshot of his corpse. Hizell is the dragon largely responsible for nearly wiping the cubi race out.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ghostwish on January 14, 2012, 01:11:42 PM
Abel would never, ever want to meet Hizell in any form or fashion, except maybe to take a snapshot of his corpse. Hizell is the dragon largely responsible for nearly wiping the cubi race out.

And his entire clan - likely just to try and flush Destania out of the Academy.  Given the opportunity, finishing his collection of Siar clan marks might be tempting.

FairWage22

~Gotta catch'em all gotta catch'em all.... Poke'cub'~

Farry

...murdered in her bedroom is unfounded.

Not quite the right word there. Means groundless.

Unprecedented?  Doesn't quite fit either.

Incredible?

Starcat5

Quote from: Wageslave94 on January 14, 2012, 02:25:24 PM

~Gotta catch'em all gotta catch'em all.... Poke'cub'~
Cubimon sounds better. ...except it ALSO sounds more like something out of Digimon.  :mowwink >:3 :mwaha
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Nocturne of Night

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 14, 2012, 01:18:22 PM
Quote from: Ghostwish on January 14, 2012, 01:11:42 PM

And his entire clan - likely just to try and flush Destania out of the Academy.  Given the opportunity, finishing his collection of Siar clan marks might be tempting.

IIRC I think wiping out Siar was more icing on the cake rather than any long term goal he had. IF Hizell is the murderer and after Destania and IF he's found out her connection to Aniz, then he might go after Siar again (he must still be able to detect them) for a grand total of one Abel Rewanz.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: MT Hazard on January 14, 2012, 06:53:42 AM
Looks like Mink does need to breath after all, that or he's a fan of the dramatic effect.

Not breathe to live, mind. Just to talk.

Which makes sense, if you think about it.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears