Flight of Fancy (OOC/Interest Thread--OPEN!)

Started by Aisha deCabre, January 06, 2012, 12:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirrin_Shadowclaw

Maybe you should look under your feet, could be standing on him without realizing . XD
Ask not for whom the bell tolls, ask why is that guy holding his ears?

Tapewolf

Quote from: James StarRunner on July 03, 2013, 12:31:55 PM
I assume Aisha and James are almost on top of Jakob right now.

I was waiting for some kind of hook to signify Jakob's entrance if that was going to happen.  It wouldn't be polite to barge in.  I'm also not sure how loudly or discreetly they're talking...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kirrin_Shadowclaw

I was under the idea they were whispering to each other. I myself am in need of a GM post to go any further. ^.^;

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kirrin_Shadowclaw on July 09, 2013, 11:21:30 AM
I was under the idea they were whispering to each other. I myself am in need of a GM post to go any further. ^.^;

When I asked Aisha yesterday, she hadn't noticed James had posted, being wrapped up in Anthrocon and all.

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 09, 2013, 12:53:58 PM
Quote from: Kirrin_Shadowclaw on July 09, 2013, 11:21:30 AM

When I asked Aisha yesterday, she hadn't noticed James had posted, being wrapped up in Anthrocon and all.

I'll try and post in a bit; even James seems at a loss for how to tie in Jakob just as they're passing him by, but considering he just asked about Kaf, I have an idea that Jakob will recognize Aisha's describing him as a certain drunk ferret angel. :B  And James will recognize his voice, etc.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Kirrin_Shadowclaw

What happened? Things seem to have just dropped off here a bit.

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Kirrin_Shadowclaw on July 16, 2013, 12:42:55 PM
What happened? Things seem to have just dropped off here a bit.

It happens from time to time, seeing as how everyone has real lives to run, so an RP can't run as fast as everyone likes.  :P
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Kirrin_Shadowclaw

Boog

No worries man, I get the same way. These slackers just cant keep up with the furious posting schedules of our ilk. >:3

Shax

Mind if I join? Its been awhile since I RPed so I might be a bit rusty, but I would love to get back into the swing of things~

Tapewolf

Quote from: Shax on July 18, 2013, 03:17:58 AM
Mind if I join? Its been awhile since I RPed so I might be a bit rusty, but I would love to get back into the swing of things~

It's up to Boog, I think.  But the ship is docked so it's the best time to join, really.

James, is your character wearing gloves, or would Jakob be shaking his disguised hand?

Boog

Send me a character sheet friend, I'm sure there's room for you  :)

Kirrin_Shadowclaw

Just wondering, Who else is still aboard the ship?

Shax

I will be boarding soon myself as soon as I get the go ahead to post up my sheet o3o

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kirrin_Shadowclaw on July 18, 2013, 07:51:43 PM
Just wondering, Who else is still aboard the ship?

I think Hobbies is, if his player is still interested.  I think Kafzeil's characters are too.

Kirrin_Shadowclaw

Ah, Ok. Good to know and here's hoping Shax, can't wait to see what you would add to the mix.

Paladin Sheppard

Both Paladin and Ephrael (my characters) are still aboard ship as well

Kirrin_Shadowclaw

Hm, i'd love to chance a meeting  with either, though i believe Ephrael is busy with someone else so that's out. Can't remember what Paladin is doing at the moment though.

Inumo

Shax

Wooo! I'm in!

Name: Shax Crowe

Race: Cubi

Species: Cabbit

Appearance: [spoiler][/spoiler]A snow white Cabbit, pastel purple markings along his body. 4'8" in size. His wings are the rare duality of both feathered and bat variation, pink eyes, and the clan symbol of Jin on the back of his right ear. His has a very feminine form, making it easy for some to mistake him as a girl. Alongside the frame, he is rather small for his age, some even treat him like a child, but appears to be around 16 or 17 years of age.
Outfits-He has several outfits for travel. One is his main outfit, grey pants and a black jacket, lined with purple markings and the clan symbol of Jin on the back. Another is a urban style outfit. A t-shirt with a grey vest jacket over it, looks almost punkish. [spoiler][/spoiler]A travel cloak for when the weather gets harsh. And last a more upper-class fancy outfit. A greyish black suit and purple tie.

History: Shax was born and grew up for a small part of his childhood in a small village up to the age of 9, when his home and family was attacked by anti-creature cultists. His parents were murdered, home burned down. Shax was hidden when it all happened. He woke up in the hospital a week later, with no memory. But enough of the past. (If you want to read more on his backstory, go here! http://www.furaffinity.net/view/9802384/ )

Shax spent more of his adult life at SAIA, where the young cubi was a top student, always staying ontop of his grades and studies. The cabbit was a student teacher at the age of 221 under the teacher Jacob Mielihyva for the class of Dream Travel. At 303 years of age, he left the Academy to explore the world, sometimes getting into trouble along the way, after all, there are still some groups out there that hate creatures. Otherwise, his time has been rather peaceful, and hes enjoying rather fondly.

Possessions: - A small bag that contains a few books.
-A journal from which he records his travels.
-A sketchbook and several pencils.
-A small knife.
- A bag for a change of cloths.
-Some money for food and supplies when needed.
-And some canteens of water.

Tapewolf

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 22, 2013, 08:27:03 PM
Aisha, are we waiting on James?

Yeah; or I am, anyway, just wanting to give him time to get in on the conversation; but I haven't seen him for a little bit. :/  I'll do a reply sometime tomorrow, just didn't wanna leave him too far behind.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Shax

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on July 23, 2013, 01:31:25 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on July 22, 2013, 08:27:03 PM
Aisha, are we waiting on James?

Yeah; or I am, anyway, just wanting to give him time to get in on the conversation; but I haven't seen him for a little bit. :/  I'll do a reply sometime tomorrow, just didn't wanna leave him too far behind.
If I recall, I think he is having health problems...

Kirrin_Shadowclaw

Hm, thinking of having Kirrin rummage through one of the rooms of a passenger who is absent. Though I'm not sure if that is a good idea Yet. It'd be a bummer to have him caught so soon after boarding, he's just scoping good pick pocket targets right now. Trying to ransack a room has higher risk. >.< Damn the temptation!  Edit: Also, I'm wondering..Am i correct in assuming this is an era where folks still carry coin bags at the waist?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kirrin_Shadowclaw on July 24, 2013, 03:26:14 AM
Hm, thinking of having Kirrin rummage through one of the rooms of a passenger who is absent. Though I'm not sure if that is a good idea Yet. It'd be a bummer to have him caught so soon after boarding, he's just scoping good pick pocket targets right now. Trying to ransack a room has higher risk. >.< Damn the temptation!  Edit: Also, I'm wondering..Am i correct in assuming this is an era where folks still carry coin bags at the waist?

AFAIK we're in a roughly 1940s tech level, but that doesn't mean that they will have 1940s fashions.  Creatures hundreds of years old could well stick with a dress sense from an older time, so some of them might well still do that.

Jakob would keep coins in a purse of some kind, but it would be in his pocket, or possibly in some kind of walled-sized dimensional realm (Apparently this is popular in SAIA since 'Cubi are liable to lose their clothes on a regular basis).

Kirrin_Shadowclaw

Oh, alright then,thanks. Good to be properly aware. ^^; Though i wouldn't think with the magic damper he'd most definitely be smart and not keep all his money he has with him in a separate dimension. Got so many tempting things to possibly try now, i have no idea where to begin. (Yeah, funny thing that...with the 'losing' clothes.)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kirrin_Shadowclaw on July 26, 2013, 04:54:59 AM
Oh, alright then,thanks. Good to be properly aware. ^^; Though i wouldn't think with the magic damper he'd most definitely be smart and not keep all his money he has with him in a separate dimension. Got so many tempting things to possibly try now, i have no idea where to begin. (Yeah, funny thing that...with the 'losing' clothes.)

Yes, basically I asked Amber "What do they do with their wallets in SAIA if 'Cubi are always stealing each other's clothes?" and that was the answer.

In the RP, I don't know what would happen with the magic damper.  It might fail on boarding and the wallet pops back into reality, it might be completely unaffected, or it might be locked shut with the damper preventing him from getting things in or out of it.

It's worth mentioning that several players have Bags of Holding, which I presume still work.

Kirrin_Shadowclaw

This is true, good point there and well made. Guess long story short it'd be up to the GM's on this one.

Boog

I didn't know more people than James had bags of holding, honestly. I've been going with "bags of holding are working a little wonky, sometimes if you reach into it for an item you won't be able to find it until you leave the ship." If this is in major conflict with plot lines and such established before I became GM PM me and we'll figure something out.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Boog on July 26, 2013, 09:05:30 AM
I didn't know more people than James had bags of holding, honestly. I've been going with "bags of holding are working a little wonky, sometimes if you reach into it for an item you won't be able to find it until you leave the ship." If this is in major conflict with plot lines and such established before I became GM PM me and we'll figure something out.

Mel's purse is one.

In Jakob's description it says he has some money about his person, but it doesn't specify where it is and I hadn't really considered the matter until the idea of pickpocketing people came up.  (And I didn't know about the SAIA wallet trick until a couple of months back)

Jakob might simply have the money in his pocket.  On the other hand, if he is doing the conjuring thing it allows for some interesting ideas to play with, like him struggling to make the wallet appear when he needs to.