The Castlevania Legacy

Started by Forsaken_belmont, September 05, 2005, 08:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forsaken_belmont

Through the 8-bit series to the nintendo DS Castlevania has held the name of "Greatest gothic theme game series ever" i too have played the series...i not lieing...my cousin is goth...and he has the whole collection. ive played draculas curse\ super castle. symphony of the night and such.....i really felt proud of what Konami has created..and to this day..they continue to impress gamers everywhere.

:bunny

Darkmoon

I would have to say that the best are certainly the three you mentioned. CV3, SotN, and CV4, with CotM being up there... Although I never was able to get far in the 8-bit ones, all the games have their fine qualities... except for HoD. Gods I hate HOD.

Helena

OMG...yeah..I bought a remake for Castlevania...3..I think...not sure. W/e was remade for gameboy adv. sp. It's evil and hard! I threw the freaking thing across the room...lol then got yelled at for throwing the gba sp by my cousin...so I made her play it then she threw it and goes alright point taken. Oh, Castlevania 64 was...not so great either. It was ok...but difficult o.o who wants to carry nitro around I mean seriously! And camera views=evilness
Mirror, mirror, on the wall, whose to say who I really am at all?

Darkmoon

See, I enjoyed 64. It wasn't the best game, but it was different, and still felt more like a CV game than LoI.

And far as I know, only CV1 (and maybe 2) have been re-released for the GBA.

Jorge D. Fuentes

Only part 1.
Trust me, if Simon's Quest (CV2) was out for Gameboy Advance, I would've picked it up already.
No, only CV1.

That's probably the one she's played.

Darkmoon

Woulda picked it up and wouldn't be online for a few days eh?

Jorge D. Fuentes

The classics don't take very long to finish, so I'd be back online.
It's the new ones that steal one's time away.

Destina Faroda

And since you play both old and new games, you'd ignore all the people you know to get to the next level. ;)
Sig coming...whenever...

Mageknight Locke

cv1! arrrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhh frankenstien and death are fricking SOFBs in that *relives nightmares long thought forgotten* WHY ME GOD WHY!

Jorge D. Fuentes

Man, I remember when Frankie&Igor handed my ass to me in that game.
Awesome times...

Darkmoon

Now you're like the ubermench...

Helena

Ok...well, I havent' gotten that far on it. I die usually and well my gbasp is screwed up...its been thrown around a little too much. And also I'm starting to hate portable gaming all together itself. This is prolly because my friends...they ruin the endings and such for me, but only for portable games...it never has been for consoles...*shrugs* LOI was alright, it was the acting that sucked

Darkmoon

It was the game play that sucked. If I wanna play a straight, run through rooms killing shit game, I'll play Super Smash TV.

Helena

Oh, gah! I hate Super Smash anything....super smash bros...yeah. LOI was alright cuz...I didn't play it for a while...the only reason I played was for the ending...plus...I made a bet with a friend. We wanted to see which one could beat it first...she beat me then I beat it like a week later...well...sotn is sorta like a run around deal too, but its has a story line...

Darkmoon

Well and SotN was at least a platformer of a sort, even if it did lack the bottomless pits.

Super Smahs TV was a mindless arcade game from the 80's. Fun, but mindless.

Destina Faroda

Am I the only one who has always hated bottomless pits and insta-death crap in side scrolling games?  I never liked the idea of one mistake that will kill you.
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

It adds a bit of challenge that some of the recent games have sorely been lacking.

Mageknight Locke

i dont agree with 1 hit kills in rpg esque games (unless your a low level against a higher leveled monster) where theres only 1 character, seeing as rpgs dont have lives, hell i havent seen a game released for ages that has lives, it just goes against the rpg elements, you train up to be harder to kill, yet theres still things that will kill you in 1 hit. just isnt compatible IMHO

Darkmoon

I remember Shining Force had it that if you were defeated in combat, you were sent back to the town, with your earned expereince, and just lost money... Made the game too easy, honestly...

Helena

Shining Force rings a bell but I never played it too young...my eldest cousins played it. I remember watching them a lot when I was small. It was more entertaining then watching tv. 1 hit kills happen a lot...I miss bottomless pits...I hate jumping but I like a challenge...

Darkmoon

Check it out on the emus. SF rocks. Just too easy is all.

ilpalazzo

Quote from: Darkmoon on September 06, 2005, 10:24:21 AM
Would picked it up and wouldn't be on line for a few days eh?
hey, didn't you just get cv1 remake for gba a few weeks ago? ^_^

and 64 castlevania rocks, just give it time and the nitro carrying part was extremely easy.

Darkmoon

Yeah,. Speaking of one of these days I gotta sit down and get my asshanded to me by it.

Forsaken_belmont

i know why so many dislike Hod. its cause of the music. Sadly ui dunno why Konami made it 8-bit inmstead of orchastrad. and many of you know Justes attack spells are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY stronger then his whip. but you must admit if it plays like one....it truly is one :goodtimes

TurboJustin

Quote from: Forsaken_belmont on September 10, 2005, 06:39:54 PM
i know why so many dislike Hod. its cause of the music. Sadly ui dunno why Konami made it 8-bit inmstead of orchastrad. and many of you know Justes attack spells are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY stronger then his whip. but you must admit if it plays like one....it truly is one :goodtimes

Totally agreed. The music in HOD was awfull.

Darkmoon

Amazingly, the gameplay in HoD was awful too.

Slayer...

I wouldn't call CastleVania a "goth game", but I can see why a goth would like it, with all the demons and such...I see it as more of a majestic battle between evil, good, and everything in between...

Darkmoon

It's gothic. Meaning sweeping, dark atmosphere.

Helena

I always liked it cuz it was dark and a bit depressing depending what game you play. I mean the characters are depressed cuz they have to save someone's butt and it usually ends up where the person dies or turns. W/e goes. It also cna be good at the end of 64 it can be lovey dovey...for Reinhardt...good ending and Carrie bad ending.

TurboJustin

Quote from: Darkmoon on September 10, 2005, 11:20:49 PM
Amazingly, the gameplay in HoD was awful too.

I don't wanna call it awful, the gameplay wasn't top notch I agree but it was still pretty good. Only the music, argh.