10/10/2011 [11-07] Dead or Alive?

Started by Madd the Sane, October 11, 2011, 09:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madd the Sane

So Ruby thinks Jacob Roderick might be alive.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Naldru

Probably combined with the thought that there are some things worse than death.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

llearch n'n'daCorna

There's always a chance he could be caught in Astoria, for example. Or somewhere else. Or, for example, there's what happened to the Major...

Hrm. Pizza sounds good, now...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

joshofspam

I could wonder if he found a way into the Fey kingdom.

Though I find it interesting that Ruby goes to starters at the end of her little correction for Gadel. We at least know from our birds eye view that Spooky use to send Moraine letters when something major happened. What else could make Ruby suspicious besides not finding a body?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Hera Ledro

Quote from: Madd the Sane on October 11, 2011, 09:48:51 PM
So Ruby thinks Jacob Roderick might be alive.

Yes, she's a suspicious little nit like that =D

Quote from: Naldru on October 11, 2011, 11:25:41 PM
Probably combined with the thought that there are some things worse than death.

I was always under the impression that he hadn't died anyways. It's never explicitly stated, and when something is consciously avoided that means that you have to pay special attention to it. It doesn't mean that the opposite is true - rather it is setting up for a climactic moment that involves that particular plot point. As the comic has never actually stated that Roderick is dead, the subject and debate on whether he is dead or alive is particularly important.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 12, 2011, 06:54:36 AM
There's always a chance he could be caught in Astoria, for example. Or somewhere else. Or, for example, there's what happened to the Major...

No, it's explicitly stated that he went into the Fey realm. While there are most likely Fey Gates in Astoria, I doubt that he would wander through a random Fey gate. I guess it could happen, but the chances are slim =\

Quote from: joshofspam on October 12, 2011, 03:28:17 PM
I could wonder if he found a way into the Fey kingdom.

Though I find it interesting that Ruby goes to starters at the end of her little correction for Gadel. We at least know from our birds eye view that Spooky use to send Moraine letters when something major happened. What else could make Ruby suspicious besides not finding a body?

Loads, I'll bet. I enjoy being on pins and needles like this with comics; makes them that much more awesome ^_^

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Hera Ledro on November 15, 2011, 05:14:48 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 12, 2011, 06:54:36 AM

No, it's explicitly stated that he went into the Fey realm. While there are most likely Fey Gates in Astoria, I doubt that he would wander through a random Fey gate. I guess it could happen, but the chances are slim =\

Where was that, then? I'd go on a dive into the history, but I keep getting distracted whenever I do that, and I have other things to complete today (like buying milk, and reading up the 2000 emails that arrived while I was out of the country, and stuff...)

Not that I'm saying you're wrong, mind. Merely withholding judgement until I see the words in the original version, so I can think about the precise meaning myself. I think you're probably right, though. *grin*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears