09/26/2011 [11-05] I dream of Ruby.

Started by joshofspam, September 26, 2011, 03:05:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshofspam

Keeping it professional seems to be getting harder for Max.

I wonder how Ruby would react to partner dreaming of her? :U
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

AmigaDragon

Perhaps they'll become closer in time, but for now this is the proper response to his dream, at least as long as she's his assistant. Does RCSI have anything against agents being romantically involved?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Madmann135

Considering Ruby is a bit of a flirt she will take it both ways.  Flattered that he dreams of her and upset that he is dreaming of her.
As long as he does not act upon it or does something that she does not approve of he should be fine ...but this is Ruby we are talking about.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Define "does not approve of"? If she's interested, then him keeping his hands off is just going to annoy her.

On the other hand, given her reactions to her previous bosses, I suspect that, were I in Max's place, I'd be a bit careful about flirting, too. Even if I knew I could match her in the ring...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Madmann135

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 27, 2011, 07:07:09 AM
Define "does not approve of"? If she's interested, then him keeping his hands off is just going to annoy her.

On the other hand, given her reactions to her previous bosses, I suspect that, were I in Max's place, I'd be a bit careful about flirting, too. Even if I knew I could match her in the ring...

Ruby has been known to injure those that take her flirting to far.  In short I am just saying he is in troubled waters if he acts upon that dream (both from Ruby and from where he works).

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Madmann135 on September 28, 2011, 11:47:42 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 27, 2011, 07:07:09 AM

Ruby has been known to injure those that take her flirting to far.  In short I am just saying he is in troubled waters if he acts upon that dream (both from Ruby and from where he works).

Hence "her reactions to her previous bosses"; I wasn't disagreeing, merely providing a slightly alternate view to the situation. If (and it's a big if) Ruby is thinking along the same lines, the flirtation that Max is unwilling to contemplate may not be as unwelcome as he expects. However, as I mentioned - if I was in his shoes, I'd be more than a bit cautious about testing the waters.

And then, of course, there's his "fear of women" thing; Ruby isn't the only one with ghosts in her past getting in the way of stable, sane and reasonable relationships. (Not that I'm suggesting what she had with her previous bosses were relationships, other than in the literal sense of her talking to them and them talking to her. Definitely not healthy, anyway.)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears