More Oblivion - The Daedric Quests and Shivering Isles

Started by Tapewolf, June 12, 2011, 02:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

As some people may know I occasionally take a game, tear it apart and write an anti-walkthrough which attempts to complete the game as incorrectly as possible.

I've already done most of the minor quests in Oblivion and now, after about 18 months, I have a followup which tackles the Daedric Quests, the Shivering Isles expansion and also Mehrunes' Razor.  At some point I also intend to do the Knights of the Nine, but this one is late enough as it is.

The new part can be found here:
http://it-he.org/oblivion2.htm

...I would appreciate it if people can look through it and check the spelling (where it hasn't been altered deliberately) and look for other mistakes before it goes properly live.  Critique in general would be much appreciated.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Corgatha Taldorthar

I can't properly comment as I haven't played Oblivion, preferring instead to play Torment for the umpteenth million time (one of these days, one of these days), so I can't add much except a general bit of amusement.

I wasn't going with a fine tooth comb for spelling and grammar, but I did notice in the Sancre-Tor section

Quoteif things go south and Martin's plan, fails Mittens
which shouldn't have a comma.

But it was hilarious. Keep up the good work.

Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on June 12, 2011, 04:06:32 PM
I wasn't going with a fine tooth comb for spelling and grammar, but I did notice in the Sancre-Tor section
Quoteif things go south and Martin's plan, fails Mittens
which shouldn't have a comma.

It should, just not where it was.  Thanks for spotting that!

TheDXM

I've moved away from Oblivion... Even with an excellent system it runs not so well with the fancy-fancy mods, and it is much too boring without them!

but your anti-walkthroughs always amuse.
Ͼ ♂ Ͽ

llearch n'n'daCorna

Where you say "I've updated these on the original page, so you might want to check them out", you might want to add a link to them. Or at least some direction...

Clavicus Vile: From hereon -> From here on (third paragraph)

Other than that, amusing as always.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 13, 2011, 10:39:11 AM
Where you say "I've updated these on the original page, so you might want to check them out", you might want to add a link to them. Or at least some direction...

Clavicus Vile: From hereon -> From here on (third paragraph)

Okay, cool.  I'll sort those out tonight, plus a couple of others I spotted today.