10/06/2011 [DMFA# 1226] It doesn't take a lot of precog...

Started by Maril, June 10, 2011, 02:17:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Amber Williams on June 11, 2011, 03:58:07 PM
Man...I was totally about to post "Yeah. Fa'Lina told Abel back in Abel's Story..." and went to get a link when I remembered I didn't actually do that conversation in the comic because I didn't go through with a third part of Abel's Story.

WELL DON'T I FEEL SILLY NOW. :U

As a penance for being so silly, you shall now have to write, draw and color the third part of Abel's story !!!

Just kidding offcourse. :)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

ooklah

These last two comics give me the impression that Able and Fa'lina are actually really good friends... That doesn't strike me as a conversation you would have with the president with your school or boss.  At least the yelling and the gleefully annoying each other part.
<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

Tigris

Man...I was totally about to post "Yeah. Fa'Lina told Abel back in Abel's Story..." and went to get a link when I remembered I didn't actually do that conversation in the comic because I didn't go through with a third part of Abel's Story.

That said, yeah. Fa'Lina did let Abel know the news.  Aniz's death was also the event that kickstarted Destania finally leaving the Acadamy as well when she found out.

So Destania taught Aniz,  the dated Aniz (Abel's Story Pt 2, strip 54), broke up (Abel's Story Pt 2, strip 58), then Destania wanted vengeance against Aniz for their bitter breakup (Abel's Story Pt 2, strip 49). She waits and plots at the Academy, teaching, for hundreds of years. Then finally some mortal beings take out Aniz. Destania is denied her revenge or whatever, and decides that's a good time to leave the academy? Why? To hunt down Aniz's killer's? To get revenge on being denied her revenge? She intended to get revenge on him anyway. Destania gets attacked, and just happens to end up at Ti'Fiona's inn... and goes "Hey, he's kinda cute, let's not murder him, let's marry him!" (DMFA strip 298)

I just realized... that makes no sense. Can anyone clarify?

joshofspam

Quote from: Tigris on June 11, 2011, 08:42:49 PM

That said, yeah. Fa'Lina did let Abel know the news.  Aniz's death was also the event that kickstarted Destania finally leaving the Acadamy as well when she found out.

So Destania taught Aniz,  the dated Aniz (Abel's Story Pt 2, strip 54), broke up (Abel's Story Pt 2, strip 58), then Destania wanted vengeance against Aniz for their bitter breakup (Abel's Story Pt 2, strip 49). She waits and plots at the Academy, teaching, for hundreds of years. Then finally some mortal beings take out Aniz. Destania is denied her revenge or whatever, and decides that's a good time to leave the academy? Why? To hunt down Aniz's killer's? To get revenge on being denied her revenge? She intended to get revenge on him anyway. Destania gets attacked, and just happens to end up at Ti'Fiona's inn... and goes "Hey, he's kinda cute, let's not murder him, let's marry him!" (DMFA strip 298)

Well, some have stated that Aniz and Edward had similarities that hinted that they were one in the same.

But I think it is more likely that Edward similarities to Aniz in the old days might have saved his life. Remember that Aniz broke Destinia's heart with his change of heart. A little reminder of happier days for Destinia might have melted that ice cold heart. It isn't like she couldn't have fainted after threatening Edward. (Personally, I think Alexsi might have beaned Destinia with her hammer while she was busy focusing on Edward's back.) We didn't see exactly what happened in between Destinia's threat and their wedding. so anything could have happened.

Indeed, Aniz could have been setting up for a repeat like with Abel. The only problem is that Dan and Alexsi's dad was a Duo adventuring pair with Alexsi's biological mother. That might have been a grave miscalculation on Aniz's part.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Amber Williams

The situation of what is up with Destania is one of the more deliberate mysteries in play.  I'd clarify, but that would sort of ruin the suprise when it gets revealed in the comic. :3

Quote from: joshofspam on June 11, 2011, 09:25:23 PM
(Personally, I think Alexsi might have beaned Destinia with her hammer while she was busy focusing on Edward's back.)
Alexsi would have been less than 2 years old at the time Destania and Edward met.

Turnsky

Quote from: Amber Williams on June 11, 2011, 10:55:37 PM

Alexsi would have been less than 2 years old at the time Destania and Edward met.

so it would've been a toy mallet? "Goo" *bop*

and a collective "awww, that's so cute" was had by all.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tigris

The situation of what is up with Destania is one of the more deliberate mysteries in play.  I'd clarify, but that would sort of ruin the suprise when it gets revealed in the comic. :3

Ah! I'll look forward to that with antici...pation.  :)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: incight on June 11, 2011, 01:55:52 PM
Hello, everybody. Long time lurker, but I felt the need to register to share something that I think the regulars missed. Back in http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1116.php, Abel mentioned that a month from now was his Birthday, and he was going to kill his father on that day. That involved returning to SAIA.

I'm just wondering where you got the idea that to kill his father (who was out in the big wide world) Abel would have to go back to SAIA; ie, away from where his father is.

Did I miss something somewhere, or are you adding two and two and getting five?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mao

The assumption is, llearch, that once Abel hit 400 is precisely when Aniz would have been able to bring another kid to SAIA.  His ban would have been lifted and he'd be free to resume his little clan rebuild plan.  Most folks assumed he'd be there with a few little cubi on the exact date the ban was lifted.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mao Laoren on June 12, 2011, 07:37:02 AM
Most folks assumed he'd be there with a few little cubi on the exact date the ban was lifted.

I never did see how Abel was planning to track Aniz down anyway.  Even if Aniz was impatient enough to arrive on the dot as you say, I don't see Fa'Lina allowing him to be killed on neutral ground (in front of Abel's sibling).  More likely he would have arranged for the youth to be collected as Dan is being now.

EDIT: Which may perhaps be a different way of restating llearch's position.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Mao

Maybe she wouldn't have.  Maybe it he hadn't quite thought that part out (despite the many years he had to think about it and realize the problems with it)  Maybe he intended to follow Aniz once he left with the intent of killing him.  I don't know.  It wasn't something I personally spent much time thinking about, nor do I care to.  All I was doing was putting a bit of a buffer on the comment of:

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 12, 2011, 07:32:29 AM
Did I miss something somewhere, or are you adding two and two and getting five?

EJade

Quote from: Maril on June 10, 2011, 07:33:59 PM
Quote from: EJade on June 10, 2011, 05:21:51 AM
I wonder, is there perchance a recipe for these cupcakes?

The concept sounded delicious enough that I looked it up http://bakingbites.com/2011/01/red-velvet-marble-cupcakes/

Ooooh!  I shall have to try this!  Thanks for the link!

Maark30

I would think that Fa'Lina would know of Abel's plan to kill Aniz for a very long time (say 380+ years) But did not see it coming to fruition at SAIA.  I also think that part of why Abel stayed in the school for so long was that he was waiting for Aniz and then possible to die in the act of killing him.  Because of that I get the feeling that Abel has been a major A-Hole scaring his roommates to insanity since the time that Aniz was listed as killed by Alexsi's parents because he lost his sense of purpose at that time.  This would be why Destania  was so shocked that Abel had left the school and Fa'Lina did all of this to get Abel to start living again and in a way repair part of what she sees as her fault in Aniz's actions.  :mowcookie
But that's just me.  :mowdizzy
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

joshofspam

I just noticed how Abel makes it sound about having Fa'lina no longer watching out for him.

It almost makes it sound like Abel has been hiding behind Fa'lina. Though I would guess that Fa'lina acting as his second mother for so long and after so much he had to put up with in life might have put up a shell that Fa'lina new she would have to crack. She was just waiting for a situation like Dan so she could give that big push out the door he needed, instead of pushing him off a cliff.

Abel still has a lot of connections that he hasn't contacted and other beings that he has only past by. Could talking to Macy, Deebs, Kria and Devon be in Abel's future while Dan's away? >:3

Naldru

Over the weekend, I saw the movie Super 8 with my wife.  Now, there have been a great number of trailers and other indications about the plot of this movie.  Most were vague, and all of the rest were misleading.  Made me feel like I was reading DMFA.

I have carefully examined all of the statements that I could find by Amber, and have found that they can only lead to one possible conclusion: Amber likes to mess with our minds.

Fa'Lina told Abel that she had received a report that Aniz had been killed by Alexsis's mother.  Could the report be erroneous?  Could Fa'Lina have additional information that might relate to the story.  Inquiring minds want to know, but Amber doesn't want to tell.

It also occurred to me that cubi have some ability at matter manipulation, which could result in some rather interesting marbling patterns. 
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

LoneHowler

Aww no update yesterday. I'm wondering if another mouse needs to be recycled
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: joshofspam on June 13, 2011, 09:22:51 PM
She was just waiting for a situation like Dan so she could give that big push out the door he needed, instead of pushing him off a cliff.

Pushing him off a cliff wouldn't work .. he has wings.
It might still be fun though.

:D

Lurkie

Uh-huh.  Right up to the time he snags you with a wing-tentacle and yanks you off the cliff as well.   >:D
|  Space   ||   Space  ||  It's Hard  ||  A Place  ||  Burma  |
|  is Big  ||  is Dark ||   to Find   ||  to Park  ||  Shave  |

Anker Steadfast

That's allright ... my avatar in heavy plate armor and will likely land on a soft cubi. :)
But really, my avatar does not belong in DMFA - It's humanoid !

However, what I do think would fit neatly into the DMFA universe :

Dan : Hey abel, what ya doing ?
Abel : Just enjoying the view.
Dan : Whoa, that's a pretty steep cliff !
Abel : Yes, that's why it's a good view.
Dan : ...
*push*
Abel : I hate you so much !!!
Dan : U mad ?

:D

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Lurkie on June 15, 2011, 01:04:52 PM
Uh-huh.  Right up to the time he snags you with a wing-tentacle and yanks you off the cliff as well.   >:D

"Fly, you fools" ?

Or "You Shall Not Pass!" ?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

joshofspam

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 15, 2011, 05:38:15 PM
Uh-huh.  Right up to the time he snags you with a wing-tentacle and yanks you off the cliff as well.   >:D

"Fly, you fools" ?

"Live to Fly!"?

or "Fly to Live!"?

Lurkie

Quote from: joshofspam on June 15, 2011, 09:07:55 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 15, 2011, 05:38:15 PM

"Fly, you fools" ?

"Live to Fly!"?

or "Fly to Live!"?

I was thinking more along the lines of "I'm taking you with me, you [EXPLETIVE DELETED]"  Of course, since Abel can fly, he might just drag-and-drop.  ;)  Just to see what happens, you understand.  Out of purely scientific curiosity.  Yeah, yeah, that's it.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  :rolleyes
|  Space   ||   Space  ||  It's Hard  ||  A Place  ||  Burma  |
|  is Big  ||  is Dark ||   to Find   ||  to Park  ||  Shave  |