Matilda and Dan

Started by Maark30, May 24, 2011, 04:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maark30

I have been thinking about this for a little while; If Matilda and Dan do have that "crazy love kid" then she will be one hell of an upgrade on both Cubi and Mythos.  The Mythos regenerative ability (Amber did say that they can regenerate limbs) already existing longevity, fire breathing ability and physical strength added to the Cubi longevity and regenerative ability might make her the most awesome Cubi ever born.  :mowcookie

As I said the thought just hit me with the cuteness of http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1221.php and I figured it didn't belong in an existing thread (unless I'm wrong and hope the Admins will correct my error)  :mowdizzy
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Aadarm

I think there is a Mythos Cubi in the Abel comics.

Tapewolf

I think most Creatures are able to regrow their limbs, actually.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Gabi

Most Creatures? I don't know about Demons, Angels or Dragons, but I don't think Cubi are able to regrow their limbs. They may be able to shapeshipt some other part of their bodies to look like their lost limb, but I imagine it would take some effort to maintain and control. Weres definitely can't, and the Undead obviously can't either. As for Mythos, it probably depends on the race.

In any case we still don't know if Dan and Mathilda are biologically compatible (some Mythos can breed with Cubi, but not all of them), and even if they are we can't assume that the result will necessarily be the best of both worlds.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Wurgel

Quote from: Gabi on May 24, 2011, 11:37:19 AM
In any case we still don't know if Dan and Mathilda are biologically compatible (some Mythos can breed with Cubi, but not all of them), and even if they are we can't assume that the result will necessarily be the best of both worlds.
Well, http://missmab.com/Demo/HG02.php partially implies, that i would be possible  :mowmeep

Quote from: Maark30 on May 24, 2011, 04:18:34 AM
I have been thinking about this for a little while; If Matilda and Dan do have that "crazy love kid" then she will be one hell of an upgrade on both Cubi and Mythos.  The Mythos regenerative ability (Amber did say that they can regenerate limbs) already existing longevity, fire breathing ability and physical strength added to the Cubi longevity and regenerative ability might make her the most awesome Cubi ever born.  :mowcookie

As I said the thought just hit me with the cuteness of http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1221.php and I figured it didn't belong in an existing thread (unless I'm wrong and hope the Admins will correct my error)  :mowdizzy

don't you forget the immunity to charm magic and effects! (which i guess would come in handy at SAIA)

Rithm Alfortele

I suppose it really depends on who the more powerful of the two lovey-dovey creatures is.

If it's Dan, we'll have a Mythos Cubus Baby.

If it's Matilda, it'll just be a Mythos.

Assuming I understand the whole Cubi thing correctly.

Madmann135

In their own right both are strong individuals.  Dan is an impressive swordsman, he has awoken as a cubi and has gotten the hang of tentacle control.  Matilda in her youth (OK maybe 100 years ago) ripped the arm off of her brother and beat him into submission with said severed limb.  Both are skilled in their own but combat ability alone I would say Dan is more skilled, magic ability is implied that Matilda is more skilled (Dan probably has more potential to surpass her, if that will happen is up in the air).  Dan was even impressed at her reason for being exiled (so was I).

So the chance of their crazy love child being a cubi is 50:50.

AND... Panel 1, any straight male that can say no to that has revoked his straight male membership.  As Wildy san stated, she has nice eyes and boobs.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Ryy Lazurus

Does anyone think that the Crazy Lovechild will ever show up in comic form?
Doesn't have tae cannon, can't Amber do us a nice What If (Like Spider Girl).

LordViking

Quote from: Ryy Lazurus on June 10, 2011, 07:03:12 PM
Does anyone think that the Crazy Lovechild will ever show up in comic form?
Doesn't have tae cannon, can't Amber do us a nice What If (Like Spider Girl).
I doubt it will, or not for a veeery long time. Dan and Matilda aren't that intimate yet. Yes, they are close but not intimate (though recent comics might reveal or hint otherwise). Dan also strikes me as the 'marriage before children' kind of guy and even that doesn't look to be happening anytime soon. I also think the comic will end before such a time with the main stories being told. That doesn't mean we can't get a shot of her in a 'where are they now' kind of sequence after the comic's end though.

Anker Steadfast

I think Dan is more a "Marriage because I love her" kinda type.
As for children, they tend to be a byproduct of said love.

:D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on June 13, 2011, 08:49:21 AM

What, like this?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

joshofspam

Well we know that the cubi child resembles more the non cubi parent.

Could it be all the physical traits except the wings are copied, while the magic potential is more from the cubi parent?

So Dan and Matilda's kid might have the regeneration, resistance to heat, and love for combustible foods. But the things that involve spells would focus more to a cubi's ability then Matilda's kind of Mytho's.

If a Cubi has to hide as another race by nature, then wouldn't they need more then just a skin deep likeness in some cases?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 13, 2011, 09:15:18 AM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on June 13, 2011, 08:49:21 AM

What, like this?

Ha ha ha ... those lyrics are awesome.  :D

On a sidenote, I wonder if cubi get stretchmarks ?

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Maark30

Would you even know if they did??
Another sidenote ... Can you tell if a furry has stretchmarks?
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club