Net Panic (OOC/ RP concept) (pg-13)

Started by KarlOmega1, June 05, 2011, 09:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KarlOmega1

Before I get started, I have a question to ask ya all. Has anyone seen the original TRON or its sequel "TRON Legacy"? Reason I asked is that this RP is based on the concept of the player's character being a program or user inside cyberspace. Where as to what kind of program their character is...is up to the player's decision. Your character's Program Type can be of the following (with the lines on the suit glowing with the coresponding color)  :

Utility- cyan
Security- red
Command-yellow
Game Avatar- green
Malware/corrupted program- purple (note, Worm-types will look like a naga...snake-like bottom half)
Other/User-white

The Character Sheet Template goes like this-

Name:
Program Type:
Regional network of origin: (in real world, it'd be like asking which Nation you're from)

Also...Well be working with stats for this one. You will be given 40 stat points to spend on these stats-

Integrity: (determines your Character's Health , or HE. 1 pt in this stat adds 3 pts to your max HE)
Power: (determines your character's Energy capacity for skill use, 1 pt in here = 4 pts in max SE)
Precision: (determines how well your Attacks/ offensive skills do against your opponent)
Protection: (determines how well you can defend or use defensive skills against your opponent's attacks)
Processing: (determines how fast and how effective self -restorative/non-combative skills are...like disarming a trap or using a defragmenting skill)

Note: if enemy's Protection is more than your base Precision, you better hope any damage modifiers from both your weapon and any skill you're using boosts it back above the opponent's protection...otherwise your character isn't gonna make a scratch on your enemy's character. also, put your HE and SE under your stats....and passive skills don't use SE.

also, each char must start out with one "low-level" skill relevent to their program type...we can discuss that subject next post. Until then, tell me how you think/feel of this RP Idea.
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Arrith

I watched Tron when i was a kid. Probably need a refresher on the plot though.
I want to see Tron Legacy, but that's likely to not happen until it comes out on DvD.
I like the idea though, I was always a fan of Tron, even though i only saw it a couple of times it made me a fan of Jeff Bridges.
This suspense is terrible. I hope it will last. - Oscar Wilde

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak.  Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. - Winston Churchill

Kafzeil

Speak of the devil. I recently bought the first season of Reboot on DVD.=V

Might join it, I'm tossing around the idea of a virus character.
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

KarlOmega1

Quote from: Kafzeil on June 06, 2011, 04:50:55 PM
Speak of the devil. I recently bought the first season of Reboot on DVD.=V

Might join it, I'm tossing around the idea of a virus character.

Nice...And I'll be waiting for it.
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius