Rafe and Dressari Meet Some New Friends

Started by Rafe, May 27, 2011, 12:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rafe

Forgive me for not telling you all about this sooner, but I wasn't sure how all this was going to develop.

To make a long story short, by impersonating a a sane writer who was willing to give them some publicity, I was able to talk myself and Dressari into Twickenham studios near London to see some friends. Here are a couple of picture of me...

...and Dressari.

I've got more to share with you, of course, but at the moment I'm still in the U.K. sorting things out. Stay tuned and more thing will be along shortly.
Rafe

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Dressari

VAE

... WOW
You actually got to see the peoples (and puppets) that made Mongrels?

*jealous lynx  is jealous*
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Rafe

Quote from: VAE on May 28, 2011, 11:32:28 PM
... WOW
You actually got to see the peoples (and puppets) that made Mongrels?

*jealous lynx  is jealous*

Yeah,
We actually met almost eveyone involved - voices, puppeteers the director/creator, prop makers...  The pupeteers seemed to be having the most fun.  Once they had a puppet, they couldn't resist acting in character and talking like they did.  Some of them immitate the voice talent really well.  Warrick Brownlow-Pike (see image) does a great Marion:

Richard Coombs (holding the menacing Tim the Badger) was doing Destiny when we came in the studio to see them filming.  Destiny turned around and looked at us and said "Oh, did you arrive here  on the short bus too?"
They definitely love their work. and are amazing to watch.

Here's a clip of Tim for those who might have forgotten him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2RqvHAF7Yw&NR=1
Rafe