8-16-2006 Art

Started by Manawolf, August 16, 2006, 12:34:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manawolf

How form fitting.  I see it as a nightgown, maybe...

Netami

RJ

Let's not go turning this into another boobs thread...

YAY! FANART! So pretty it hurts. >.<

Netami

But seriously... LOOK AT IT.

Nice job, though.

Manawolf

I wonder where she's going with those orbs.  Maybe it's just my "Pretty but practical" mindset.

RJ

xHaZxMaTx

Manawolf

I was thinking the same thing, it'll look awesome when that's finished.

Kasarn

Manawolf

If you've never heard of shading.

xHaZxMaTx

Flood fill in Paint, then shade in PS. :P  But I prefer the method of cutting out with the polygon lasso, and adjusting the hue/contrast/lightness of the selected part to get the right color. :D

Supercheese

Shnazzy... and it's late and I can't think of anything else appropriate to say.

Zorro

OOOOO Cute Mab Picture!   :love2

Zedd

I liked it..Shading is nice

ITOS

:bow

Very good artist.

Looking through the DA gallery I kind of get reminded of Ink's style. :P
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Xss

Great drawing, will look splendid once it'ld be coloured. I had a look to the artist's DA page...Hm, I think I'm going to watch him!  :mowhappy

LionHeart

That is one seriously impressive piece of art...

I am definitely adding him to my watch list.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Sid

In a word... WHOA.
In a few more words: This is SO awesome. Major kudos to the artist! Graceful through and through ^__^
:boogie

Alondro

*Charles erfs*  I don't know...  The picture is awesome indeed, but that almost manic expression as Mab's powering up is a bit unnerving; she looks just a wee bit like she's gleefully reveling in ebil, about to cast a horrible spell upon some poor being.  Of course, maybe it's just because that's how Charline always looks when she's about to do something horrible to me.

*Charline nods and demonstrates*  Time for ebil upon Charles!  *the 'Charline happy look' is quite terrifying indeed as she toasts Charles with magical energy stuff!*

*Alondro peeps at the pic*  Boobehs... *snerks and runs* 
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Tapewolf

I agree with Charles, on pretty much every count.  It's very well-done, yet somehow disturbing.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kenji

Dang talented artists. :< How's a guy supposed to draw well when all the good arting abilities are being sucked up all around ya?

Caswin

Happy Mabs with beautiful eyes.  YESH.

And I think that may be the floofiest Mabtail I've ever seen...
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Nino

I swear I think Mab must be part squirrel with a tail like that.

As for the artwork, WOW. The little crinkles on the dress are so intricate, and I love all the little extra details he added, like the stones along her hairline (hah, it's Sailor Mab!). And it's interesting to see what Mab looks like with long hair... I quite like it!

KarlOmega1

I look at it and think "wow, that person has some sexy art skills"...
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Rowne

One finds that this piece of art actually might answer a burning question, how does Mab prefer to cook?

I'm not sure about anything else but those 'orbs' (no, not those orbs!) look like muffins to me.  If Mabby enjoys cooking with magic, this might go a long way to explaining the brownies.

----

Oh and I don't really need to say that it's a beautiful piece do I?  Because it is.  Says that by its own merits, it does.

----

Furthermore, I now hope that someday before the Universe collapses, I see a comic with the line: Augh, muffin-comets!

Tiger_T

HQ-Art.  :mowhappy Weee!
*goes and looks at it some more*
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Ted Schiller

Quote from: Alondro on August 16, 2006, 08:22:05 AM
*Charles erfs*  I don't know...  The picture is awesome indeed, but that almost manic expression as Mab's powering up is a bit unnerving; she looks just a wee bit like she's gleefully reveling in ebil, about to cast a horrible spell upon some poor being.  (snip) 

To quote Demonology 101: The Fae Race:

http://www.missmab.com/Demo/fae.php

QuoteGeneral: When it comes to magic, the Fae come in on top. Of all the races in Furrae, it seems the Fae are most in touch with the forces and as such wield its power a lot more. Due to magic's instability, this often ends up with the fae being a very diverse and often "eccentric" race. This also tends to account for the various bright colours a Fae will often have.

As a fae, Mab is a very powerful magic user.  Unlike other certain other creatures, Mab doesn't enjoy causing pain and terror.  She is obviously using magic just for the fun of it.  Also, Mab is not manic. She's "eccentric."

However, to quote from further down...

QuoteOne thing of note is that many Fae(likely due to the fact they live so long) will often play roles and take on a story as if in a theatre play. Choosing a life of adventurer, lover, savage [emphasis mine], they will set themselves into certain guidlines[sic] and limits to play out according to their chosen field.

What was Mab like when she was friends with Fa'Lina?

<_<
>_>

Of course, what we really have here is an artist playing fast and loose with the PG rating.    :redface

With regards,
Ted

Oh, and I really like the drawing.  :D

Falcarthum

one word came up to my mind when I saw it: transparency

"Fantasy & Reality are opposed sides of the same coin."
"Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity."

<== Yappity by Silverfox

fesworks

certainly a lovely rendition!

EvilIguana966

*mesmerized by boobies*