Laptop users beware!

Started by Shadrok, August 16, 2006, 01:06:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadrok

xHaZxMaTx

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllldddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd.

Stretched page?

-EDIT-
Awwww..... :cry

roninfoxtail

How interesting. Wanna know something weirder? There's a fruit drink that can (in high heat) explode off the shelves literally. Don't believe me?

QuoteNapa Naturals, a popular line of fruit drinks that briefly enjoyed popularity in 1984, also fell victim to Loser Hallmark #1. The idea was terrific: 67% real fruit juice with a great taste and no preservatives. The marketing team that introduced Perrier to the United States came on board to promote Napa Natural beverages, millions in investment capital were raised, and the drinks were an instant success when they hit the market in January of 1984. Within six months, Napa Natural Beverage Company broke Perrier's American sales record – and then summer arrived.

Reeder then asked the audience, "When you combine summer heat, a sealed can, fruit juice and no preservatives, what happens? That's right: a wondrous process known as fermentation. All across America, Napa Naturals began exploding off the shelves...literally." The company went bankrupt soon afterwards because grocers were now afraid to stock Napa Naturals on their shelves.

Source: http://www.ntskeptics.org/2002/2002march/march2002.htm
Scroll down tabout 3/4ths of the way or just hit Ctrl+F and look for "Napa Naturals"

xHaZxMaTx

Jawbreakers can also explode when subjected to extended amounts of time in the sun.  All hail Myth Busters!

Supercheese

Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on August 16, 2006, 01:56:00 AM
Jawbreakers can also explode when subjected to extended amounts of time in the sun.  All hail Myth Busters!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Cool, can I steal some of yours? :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Aridas

Thanks sony. (at least, that's who i remember the battery makers being.)

Lysander

Hehe, esplody fun. Especially when the company gets sued. :januscat
TytajLucheek

Azlan

"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Jack McSlay

I remember that happening recently here in Brazil with cell phones. the battery would simply overheat and explode depending on the conditions (which is ironic, because mythbusters busted the "cell phone exploding gas stations" myth, but if a cell phone can explode it would obviously blow up the gas station with it if goes in contact with flammables)

seeing a pc exploding would be rather funny, tho
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Rowne

And this is why I'm particularly glad and reasonably happy within a moderate margin of realistic belief that I don't personally own or know anyone that happens to own a laptop.

This is worse than back when mobile phones were ancient and radioactively worrying.

Supercheese

Your Lappy a splode.

I've a Dell laptop, but it was heavily customized and I don't believe it has the defective battery...

LigerJet

This is new?  I got a recall notice earlier this year, but my battery isn't one mentioned in the recall.

Supercheese

Interesting... my model (Dell Inspiron 9300) 's battery (F5133) is only off by one digit to a bad battery number (F5132)... perhaps my confidence is misplaced.