The Question Game

Started by e_voyager, February 25, 2011, 10:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Very few - everyone else would know that Chi and Rho are the first two letters of "christ" spelt in Greek, and that the first two letters of the alphabet are alpha and beta, surely?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

e_voyager

why so serious? aren't we here to have a little fun?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Darkdragon

Did I really make the preposterous claim that chi and rho are the first two letters of the Greek alphabet?
*smacks self in a moment in stupidity*

e_voyager

where did this game go?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Darkdragon

Did it leave us or did we leave it?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Inumo

I dont' know, but do you think this whole situation is a little odd?

e_voyager

doesn't odd define life in this place? on this forum? 

Darkdragon

How would you define "odd"?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Trivially, would "not even" do?

Darkdragon

In that case, without resorting to recursion, how would you define "even" so that it can be generalized to situations and not just numbers?

Gabi

Isn't "even" a multiple of two, or a leveled surface, or something that's equal for all participants, or an emphasized version of "including"?
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

e_voyager

did i stumble and fall into a philosophy club meeting some how?

Inumo

Don't you realize this is vocabulary, not philosophy?

e_voyager

do they have to be mutually exclusive?

Darkdragon

Can't you apply some branch of philosophy to anything?

e_voyager

joshofspam

Are you referring to applying ones art too their own words or the moral outlooks of ones own deeds in vocal or typed context?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Darkdragon

Gabi

Would it help if he added the missing apostrophes?
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

e_voyager

but where would they go?
(i've forgotten most of what i learned about grammar in grad school)

Darkdragon

Shouldn't you consider reviewing such information?

e_voyager

but wouldn't that be very redundant?

joshofspam

Does the English language have much redundancy?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Darkdragon

Surely you've noticed that a great majority of the letters used in English orthography could be dropped without the general meaning lost?

e_voyager

would it affect the PAY thread?

Inumo

Is the PAY thread really that big a deal for you?

e_voyager

don't you have fond memories of it ?

llearch n'n'daCorna

bradypodidae

Wait, am I suppose to avoid, evade, hedge, sidestep, skirt, parry, fudge, circumvent, dodge, elude, duck, and put off redundancy each and every time always?
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC