Crash

Started by Esnel Pla, September 05, 2005, 05:37:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esnel Pla

As I am poor, I am just now seeing the movie Crash in dollar theatres, and apparently the DVD is coming out really soon...

Holy. Crap.

I haven't seen a new movie this good in a LOOONG time. Holds more kinetic energy than a frog on a frisby, as suspenseful and nerve-racking as anything I've seen, and just really over all powerful.

Hell of a cast too. Tony Danza and Ludacris.

Jorge D. Fuentes

I didn't even know of this movie...  :tired
"Crash" you say?  Gonna have to read about it...

Darkmoon

Interestingly, most of the reviewers I read hated it.

Helena

Well, reviewers r Jerks. Everyone listens to them, but I don't because most of the time I've found that movies that r horrible they think r good, and vice versa.

EDITED by Administration (see rule #1)
(replaced by 'jerks')
Mirror, mirror, on the wall, whose to say who I really am at all?

Darkmoon

Usually I check out teh IGN guys first. They're about in line with my tastes, honestly.

Qualtagh

I'm going to see it very soon.

Esnel Pla

The reviewers at IGN are uneducated chicken-shits. Jeff Otto panned the movie with the most idiotic of reasons, namely, having something other than a straight 3-act narrative, having too many characters in a film in which depicts a society as a whole, and over-exagerated racism, which it did not.

This is more a film in which racism is shown as distrust rather than anger. A toned down Do the Right Thing, for our audiences, with just as much irony and comedy.

Darkmoon

Well, you certainly get passionate, don'tcha. ;)

Just saw Mr. and Mrs. Smith. That was fun popcorn.

Mageknight Locke

i cant stand any movie with that BEEPing BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP angelina jolie, arrogant stuck up tart that she is, i just want to perform a pre-mortuum autopsy on her  :mwaha

Darkmoon

I think she's kinda hot... which isn't the only reason to watch her movies... but it helps.

Destina Faroda

Crash is a good movie that is acted superbly and written in a way that is both realistic and examines the layers of racial and ethnic prejudice without being heavy handed or morally dogmatic, but there are a few flaws in this movie's writing that robs it from being great.  In trying to wrap up the threads of some of its characters, some of the ends go in completely unrealistic directions.  Still, even if it does not acheive the lofty status it aims for, it does tell and important story, one that must be watched.
Sig coming...whenever...

Esnel Pla

No movie is perfect, the film is great.

Darkmoon

Well I agree that no movie is perfect, there'sa lot of movie that reach fantastic. Great and fanatstic are not the same thing ;)

Destina Faroda

Yeah, I tend to hold films that are serious and try to be good to a much higher standard than I do less brainly, more "blockbuster" stlye films.   When something that tries to be good disappoints, it's more painful than watching Batman and Robin.  (On a side note, a blockbuster picture like Wild Wild West is even more painful than one that tries to be good.)  Crash didn't disappoint as I thought the movie would be merely okay.  It just didn't live up to its potential from what I saw.
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

Ugh, Batman and Robin is shit. I am ashamed to own that movie.

Mageknight Locke

batman and robin is just proof that just putting big names in a movie doesnt mean its good

Destina Faroda

Batman and Robin is bad movie, but it's not completely unenjoyable, or even that much of a disappointment compared to some films I've seen.  I mean they cast AHNULD as Mr. Freeze.   You knew what you were getting into.  Besides, you can always laugh at the part where Robin is drowning and the cheapskates just played the footage in reverse because they wasted all their money on those overly garish sets.
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

OVERLY Garish. You have to capitalize the OVERLY. It's that bad.

I have seen worse movies, although there's aren't many. Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome comes to mind.

ilpalazzo

Jeepers creepers sucked

didn't scare me once.
neither did the ring or ring 2

Darkmoon

I thought Jeepers was a decent attempt, and worth watching if your eally like horror flicks, but it's not fantastic. I did however like the Ring asd a thriller. It's not a real horror movie, but it is a decent, creepy thriller.