08/01/2011 [DMFA# 1185] - One more bombshell on the poor cubi.

Started by Howl, January 08, 2011, 05:02:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howl

Captain

I wouldn't be suprised if soon everyone has this skill.
If you want to visit me:
Download this: http://shoddybattle.com/downloads
then go to Captain's Modded Server and look for captaiN

Tapewolf

Well, he certainly knows that Lorenda's a Soulstealer now.  That's going to be awkward and I wonder how Lorenda's going to take it when she finds out that her mother was one of the party who killed Devin in the first place.

And now we know a little more geography - Kria does not actually live in Zinvth anymore but in the surrounding area, and it can also be assumed that the Lost Lake region is fairly close to Zinvth since Dan and Lorena are able to get to Kria's place and back fairly easily.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Dard

Um, I hate to admit, but for whatever reason I thought Abel knew Lorenda was a Soulstealer.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Dard on January 08, 2011, 06:52:40 AM
Um, I hate to admit, but for whatever reason I thought Abel knew Lorenda was a Soulstealer.

"You're Abel? Wow. Jyrras really forgot to mention a couple of things when he described you to me." was the introduction. I suspect she said she was Lorenda, and nothing more specific. Which is fine, since it _is_ a relaxed atmosphere and everyone is more or less friends. I can easily see everyone forgetting to mention that she's a Soulstealer, since everyone else knows and it means nothing to any of them.

Of course, there's the whole DP and Dan issue as well, so Abel's just had a large chunk of his mental landscape rearranged. Another large chunk, I mean. Depending on how much he's been told about that, in between strips.

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 08, 2011, 06:51:50 AM
And now we know a little more geography - Kria does not actually live in Zinvth anymore but in the surrounding area, and it can also be assumed that the Lost Lake region is fairly close to Zinvth since Dan and Lorena are able to get to Kria's place and back fairly easily.

The impression I get about the Soulstealer Residence is suburbia, rather than urban Zinvth. Which would put Lost Lake on the outskirts, perhaps a small town nearby type deal. Which would make sense, given they're fairly high up in the local chain of authority; a house in the suburbs, and an office "in town"; this may, of course, be coloured by my experiences in a car-owning society - I'm not sure how the administrators of cities chose their living quarters in pre-car civilizations as a whole, so I don't know how true that would be as a whole, since the ones I can think of have been changed by other requirements - like central government, historical requirements, etc etc.

Of course, all this is simply my opinion, and Ambaargh may have a different idea. And three guesses who's right, and who's just making things up as they go along. *grin*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 08, 2011, 08:09:17 AM
The impression I get about the Soulstealer Residence is suburbia, rather than urban Zinvth.

Indeed.  It made me wonder if the fort where Devin was killed - the land which Zinvth subsequently acquired - is where that suburb was built.  (EDIT: By which I mean the general area of the fort - Kria building her house on the exact spot where Devin fell would just be weird.)

Quotethis may, of course, be coloured by my experiences in a car-owning society - I'm not sure how the administrators of cities chose their living quarters in pre-car civilizations as a whole

I'd say this model still works, since Kria can fly a'la strip 777.

That_wolf

Abel needs a hug...

Anker Steadfast

Oh  dear, Abel has been reduced to a twitching mass of flesh.
.. or a twitching mass of tentacles, but that sounds quite bad and not very PG!

Which reminds me, comic is still PG-13, yah ?
Shoudl reduce the worst outcomeswhen Dan goes to dinner with Kria & Co.  :)

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 08, 2011, 08:09:17 AMOf course, there's the whole DP and Dan issue as well, so Abel's just had a large chunk of his mental landscape rearranged. Another large chunk, I mean. Depending on how much he's been told about that, in between strips.

Lies !
Lies and slander !

Abel doesn't have any large chunks left to rearrange, they are all in itty bitty tiny pieces - His dad made sure of that.

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Turnsky

seem's Abel's past is catching up to him like a Shinkansen with a warp drive. >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

OminousShadow

Man. If Lorenda hit's Abel with anymore surprises, I think the shock will kill him.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on January 08, 2011, 09:17:03 AM
Which reminds me, comic is still PG-13, yah ?

That was Abel's Story, I think.  The DMFA main page just says 'PG'.

Evilkritter

Za'thuk'lulz'tu'yeal, what does the scanner say about the awkward level?

It's almost NINE THOUSAND!!!

No, seriously, next strip it will jump straight into the millions. Dramatically ironic reveals are awesome!

Katero

Could be just me, but I've always thought Abel had some inkling of a thought that Kria had something to do with the attack that killed Devin, given that she showed up almost immediately after it happened. Maybe not enough to make the connection, but if you suddenly ran into someone you knew right after something bad happened, wouldn't you wonder if they had anything to do with it?

On another note, yay first post!

MT Hazard

:mowdizzy Warning! This cubi has encounter an unknown error and needs to restart

Do you wish to start in safe mode ? Y/N

Y

Loading last know good configuration.....

Loading WinMows.... :mowmeep

Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

joshofspam

So now that Hamster has officially trip on the great wheel that is Abel's mind.

That might not be bad for Kria, but that would mean that Abel would have to confront a part of his past that he has tried to bury thanks to his dad. Not that Devon wasn't already a part of that problem already.

As for Kria hitting on Abel... Wait a minute, we don't even know how Kria took Abel's choice to stay at the academy. Well if it was good she might be friendly, but hitting on him might be the equivalent to Kria dating Devon or her daughter and I don't think she's that weird. :erk But if she took it bad she could just ignore Abel the whole time he's there. Not that Kria can't also play tricks on people for appearances sake.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

D'ymkarra

Quote from: MT Hazard on January 08, 2011, 10:54:19 AM
:mowdizzy Warning! This cubi has encounter an unknown error and needs to restart

Do you wish to start in safe mode ? Y/N

Y

Loading last know good configuration.....

Loading WinMows.... :mowmeep

Yeah...I thnk Abel's mind seriously BSOD'd
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

soldierofmadrigal

kria hitting on abel would be like your kindergarten teacher hitting on you now could someone pass me the brain bleach i think i need some.

and as to the soulstealer mansion being in suburbia creatures with magic can easily teleport or at least summon a warp aci so traveling from creatures would probably not be a big issue.

Tangent

Quote from: Evilkritter on January 08, 2011, 10:19:20 AM

No, seriously, next strip it will jump straight into the millions. Dramatically ironic reveals are awesome!

*appears behind the kritter with a 40Kg Warhammer and an evil glint in his eyes*

Do you know what we do to people who make 9,000 jokes here? oO

------------

I don't think Kria would hit on Abel because she has fond memories of teaching him from a young age. I suspect Amber's brain would jump out of her body, grab my 40Kg Warhammer, and use it to chase Amber around the comic if she contemplated it.

Damn. Now I want to see Amber draw that. ^^;;

Um... off the tangent for a moment... also, Kria's last memory of Abel was consoling him over the death of his mother, who she considered a good friend. I honestly don't think even Kria's more mischievous side would do that to either of them.
Robert A. Howard, Tangents Reviews
http://www.tangents.us

LoneHowler

Remember Devons death happened hundreds of years ago. Kindoms could have risen and fallen in that time and people do move from time to time. So the Solestealers could have moved to Lost lake or Lost lake could have colonized near the ruins of the old town
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Katero on January 08, 2011, 10:37:30 AM

Welcome aboard.  Don't forget to read the rules if you haven't already done so...

lilpuppy23

Quote from: Turnsky on January 08, 2011, 09:44:09 AM
seem's Abel's past is catching up to him like a Shinkansen with a warp drive. >:3

Apologize if I'm under a rock here, but what is a Shinkansen?

In terms of the update, Jyrras needs to hurry up with that wine....

Katero

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 08, 2011, 12:39:02 PM

Welcome aboard.  Don't forget to read the rules if you haven't already done so...

Read and sold my soul as per the contract ^^

Scow2

I do not believe Zivnth is really near Lost Lake... at least no closer than Twink Territories or the Kingdom of H'aan. There are plenty of methods of Fast Overland movement (Flight/Teleportation/Airlines), that the ability to effectively get from one place to a distant one isn't really an issue.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Scow2 on January 08, 2011, 02:09:14 PM
I do not believe Zivnth is really near Lost Lake... at least no closer than Twink Territories or the Kingdom of H'aan. There are plenty of methods of Fast Overland movement (Flight/Teleportation/Airlines), that the ability to effectively get from one place to a distant one isn't really an issue.

Hinges on what you call 'near', I suppose.  It certainly isn't on a different continent so far as I can see.  FWIW, I'm considering TT and HollyAnn to be 'near' to Lost Lake in that they are a day or so away on foot, and as far as I can see Zinvth falls into the same category.

Lorenda can't fly and likely can't teleport either, but has no problem going between Jyrras's place and her mother's place on the outskirts of Zinvth.  That would suggest it's within Gryphon distance of Lost Lake (Gryphon the primary means of transportation).

As for Dan going there, we don't yet know if he's utilised Fi's teleport ability yet - so far he's treating her/it more as a companion.

I guess we'll see what happens.

Shachza

Quote from: Tangent on January 08, 2011, 12:18:30 PM
Quote from: Evilkritter on January 08, 2011, 10:19:20 AM

*appears behind the kritter with a 40Kg Warhammer and an evil glint in his eyes*

Do you know what we do to people who make 9,000 jokes here? oO

You give them an achievement?   :P
            <-- #1 that is!

mad_pooka

Could be just me, but I've always thought Abel had some inkling of a thought that Kria had something to do with the attack that killed Devin, given that she showed up almost immediately after it happened.

It's not just you, I had thought that might be the case too.  Also, I may be mistaken but didn't he overhear her and Fa'Lina talking about it in Abel's Story?

Tapewolf

Quote from: mad_pooka on January 08, 2011, 03:40:05 PM
It's not just you, I had thought that might be the case too.  Also, I may be mistaken but didn't he overhear her and Fa'Lina talking about it in Abel's Story?

Yeah, so I assumed that part of the shock was the fact that Lorenda was Kria's daughter.

OminousShadow

I still get the feeling Amber is gonna shift scenes soon and leave us hanging for a while on what happens next with Abel, Lorenda, and Jyrras.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

soldierofmadrigal

QuoteI still get the feeling Amber is gonna shift scenes soon and leave us hanging for a while on what happens next with Abel, Lorenda, and Jyrras.
please don't tempt fate i really want to see this through to conclusion.
plus one should not encourage amber's bad habits.

Castle Pokemetroid

Quote from: OminousShadow on January 08, 2011, 06:34:08 PM
I still get the feeling Amber is gonna shift scenes soon and leave us hanging for a while on what happens next with Abel, Lorenda, and Jyrras.

That's true. That's quite a cliffhanger. Not a HUGE one, but an important one to abel.