Dreams of the Past (OOC. Mature Themes)

Started by Paladin Sheppard, January 06, 2011, 08:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inumo

Sane in what degree? So far, Seefs has only had a minor confusion mishap.

AmberCross

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on January 14, 2011, 11:26:15 PM
Then how do you explain the Cow? :P
I deny the existence of any such cow.

Quote from: Shachza on January 14, 2011, 11:50:01 PM
Sorry AmberCross, but you are mistaken.  I'm not playing a rat this time!
And it's not a rock either I see!

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on January 15, 2011, 10:41:56 PM
*Wonders if any of the characters in the game are sane*.
Depends on your definition...

Shachza

Quote from: AmberCross on January 15, 2011, 11:09:38 PM
Quote from: Shachza on January 14, 2011, 11:50:01 PM
Sorry AmberCross, but you are mistaken.  I'm not playing a rat this time!
And it's not a rock either I see!

Or am I?  You can't know whether some rock somewhere isn't preying on your perceptions.
            <-- #1 that is!

That_wolf

Full name: Gregory Kazmir Trotsky

Nickname(s) or Alias: Goes by Greg, or Gregory.

Species: Red fox

Nationality: Pretovisk, a small country in his worlds equivalent to the USSR

Religion: None/He doesn't care.

City or town of birth: Lesnoy, a small village.
PHYSICAL APPEARANCE

Height:  5' 11

Weight: 152 Lb

Figure/build: Skinny but fit

Hair colour: Only fur

Hairstyle: None/just fur

Eye colour: Brown

Skin/fur/etc colour: Grey with white(fur)

Tattoos: None

Scars/distinguishing marks: None

Preferred style of clothing: Anything not restrictive or heavy.

HEALTH:

Smoker? No

Drinker? Occasionally

Any physical ailments/illnesses/disabilities: None

Any medication regularly taken: None

PERSONALITY:

Gregory is a person who is at first slow to trust, but after some time, will trust his life to his friends. When he's comfortable, he is loud and sociable, but when he is not, he's reserved and suspicious.

Fears/phobias: Gregory is claustrophobic, and just doesn't like being indoors much

Favorite colour: Grey
SKILLS:

Gregory is a skilled sniper, with a good natural aim. He also can scout locations out with ease.

COMBAT:

Peaceful or aggressive attitude? Aggressive, unless he specifically needs to act stealthy.

Fighting skills/techniques: Whenever he can, Gregory likes to be somewhat far from the main combat, sniping away while he is hidden. When he is found or has to be up close, he likes to use his revolver. Gregory generally hates whoever he has to shoot at, and will shoot without any mercy or rules.

Special skills/magical powers/etc: Gregory has the ability to adjust his hearing, from being completely deaf, to being able to hear sharply.

Backstory:

Gregory was born the third son to a poor factory worker in Lesnoy. He never expected to do much besides follow in his father's footsteps. However, when he was 16, a drunk soldier killed his older brother, causing Gregory to join an anti-government, revolutionary army.

Weapons upon waking

A Sako TRG, and a Cold Python with a 4 inch barrel.

Cloths upon waking:

A grey hooded overcoat, a sleeveless black shirt underneath, a pair of green/brown military camouflage pants. All of this is extremely well worn.
Abel needs a hug...

Tezkat

BASIC INFORMATION

Full name: Tor Blackwind
Nickname(s) or Alias: Bolt
Species: Coyote
Nationality: Quamyztepek
Religion: Shamanistic

PHYSICAL APPEARANCE

Height: 6'1" (185 cm)
Weight: 205 lbs (93 kg)
Figure/build: Athletic/muscular
Hair colour: Dirty blond
Hairstyle: Shoulder length
Eye colour: Sky blue
Fur colour: Greyish brown to tawny
Scars/distinguishing marks: Jagged, lightning bolt shaped scar across the right side of his face and eye. His right eye has a slightly cloudy consistency, but it doesn't seem to affect his vision. (If anything, he can see better out of that one.)
Preferred style of clothing: Comfortable, loose fitting clothing and flowing outerwear like ponchos or cloaks. He's not opposed to dressing up for a night on the town, however.

HEALTH

Smoker? He's been known to smoke all sorts of things when communing with spirits, but only on special occasions.
Drinker? You mean it's not full of vitamins and nutrients?!
Any physical ailments/illnesses/disabilities: None
Any medication regularly taken: None

PERSONALITY

Playful and easygoing. While normally content to play the folksy outdoorsman, he's an inquisitive sort and readily geeks out over topics of intellectual interest.

Fears/phobias: He gets uncomfortable in enclosed spaces where he can't see the sky.
Favourite colour: Blue

SKILLS:

Naturalist by vocation. Warrior by necessity. He's an expert hunter, trapper, scout, and marksman. He can also cook a mean chili.

COMBAT

Peaceful or aggressive attitude? Peaceful
Fighting skills/techniques: Although proficient in close quarters combat, he avoids direct engagements in favour of guerrilla tactics, such as laying traps, ambushes, or reducing high value materiel and personnel targets from long range.
Special skills/magical powers/etc: Once upon a time, the spirits of the sky were at his beck and call, but now they seem distant... unresponsive. He retains enough power to summon short gusts, strong enough to knock back a man-sized target (or cushion a fall, extend a jump, etc.). His senses (especially scent and nightvision) are far keener than a normal human's, and he has a sixth sense for the flow of wind in his vicinity.

BACKSTORY

In the dream, he is crouched on a mountainside, not unlike the ones he climbed as a boy in childish attempts to reach the sky. A lifetime ago. With the Elder dead, it falls to him to rally the people. The first rays of dawn creep across the village below, but the rooster's call goes unanswered by empty streets. Survivors have taken shelter against the coming storm.

He senses their approach before they appear on the horizon--dark shadows upon the wind. Great winged beasts, vanguards for the invasion, swoop into the valley. He lies in wait for the perfect moment. Without warning, their leader disappears in a torrent of thunder. Smoking remains corkscrew to the ground. The beasts scatter. He grins, picturing shocked faces on the troops below.

The flying beasts regroup in formation and veer towards his position, belching thunderous flame. Time to leave. He dives off the cliff. Moments later, the rockface behind him explodes. All around him, the spirits are laughing.

WEAPON(S) IN HANDS ON WAKING

Accuracy International AS50 semiautomatic rifle with suppressed muzzle brake, 5-25x scope, detachable folding bipod, ghillie wrap, and carrying sling/harness; 5 round box magazine (currently loaded with .50 BMG API).

Heckler & Koch HK45 semiautomatic pistol with threaded barrel, suppressor, and LAM in a tactical thigh holster; 10 round box magazine (currently loaded with .45 ACP JHP).

CLOTHING UPON WAKING

Multicam reinforced cargo pants and webbed tactical vest, wide brimmed leather hat, heavy leather boots, fingerless gloves, lightweight synthetic hooded ghillie poncho, dark wraparound sunglasses, and a black bandanna emblazoned with blue mystic patterns.

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Paladin Sheppard

Just a quick note that I'll be posting the next IC GM actions on Saturday even if we are still missing a post or two.

SquirrelWizard

just wondering, in the packs next to our characters, should we just expect basic survival stuff.

Basically, dried food, water, climate appropriate clothing, matches... ect...
Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

Paladin Sheppard

I'm sure I'll be thought of as a bastard again but you'll just have to wait and see :B

Inumo

We're like the modern gamers playing Oregon Trail; "screw food, more bullets!"

Tipod

At least we're not the players who rub snow on frostbite wounds and tell snakebite victims to exercise.
"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."

Lisky

What's that, gunshot victim? RUB SALT IN THE WOUND! D<

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Shachza

Quote from: Tipod on January 21, 2011, 06:14:11 PM
At least we're not the players who rub snow on frostbite wounds and tell snakebite victims to exercise.

Wait?  You're saying that Permafrost isn't nature's longjohns?  Futurama lied to me!
            <-- #1 that is!

That_wolf

what time will gm post be up, I'm going to try to wake up/post before it. Also what happens if I end up failing to post before gm post?
Abel needs a hug...

Paladin Sheppard

GM post will be in a few hours.

Failing to post before then means the GM posts an auto action if needed or if not, nothing happens....But GM gets grumpy >:(

Shachza

Just clearing up a point of very confusing (to me) grammar:

"She looked at the Rabbit thing that had a third eye who had tried to introduce itself, and realized while the Rabbit had spoken it was not in any language the Tauren knew she had clearly understood it."

I highly suggest: "..., and realized while the Rabbit had not spoken in any language the Tauren knew, she had clearly understood it."

When I first read your post I started to think that we weren't supposed to understand eachother, which was news to me.  I started to get very confused.

PS  How much are we allowed to remember about the "dream?"  If my character has near full memories of the "dream" then his reactions will be worlds different than they would otherwise.
            <-- #1 that is!

Paladin Sheppard

Sorry for the Grammar its not my strongest point I will fix the that up :B

As for the language thing, they all can understand one another but for many they don't know how they are speaking the same.

In Kandela's case she understands and can speak it it shes just never heard or spoken it before :B

SquirrelWizard

Quote from: Shachza on January 22, 2011, 07:23:22 AM

When I first read your post I started to think that we weren't supposed to understand eachother, which was news to me.  I started to get very confused.

things would have been more fun for Cinna if that were the case...

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

Paladin Sheppard

Quote from: Shachza on January 22, 2011, 07:23:22 AM
PS  How much are we allowed to remember about the "dream?"  If my character has near full memories of the "dream" then his reactions will be worlds different than they would otherwise.

They remember their (normal) life to a degree at the moment, major points and the like, but most points are fuzzy.

AmberCross

Well my character had a somewhat exagerated reaction to the blast which is partly cause he's old. But if we end up facing more of these on a basis frequent enough to put my character in severe danger due to this, I'm going to retcon that this first time was so bad because the shock of the situation PLUS the blast gave him a heart attack and future instances will have this not happen.

Malakin

Dang, this one looked interesting, shame I was too late :O

Will it be opened up later on ?
"The only limit to my freedom is the inevitable closure of the
universe, as inevitable as your own last breath. And yet,
there remains time to create, to create, and escape.

Escape will make me God.
"

Paladin Sheppard

Malakin it depends on how we go as to whether it reopens. (or at the mandated times)

Just a note for the current players:

I will be posting the GM section again tomorrow at the same time as normal, if you have not posted please do so.

If you miss two weeks without letting me know why, I'll give a warning, three weeks without notice and I will regretfully remove your character from the game (in some unnecessarily gruesome way >:) )

Regards
Your Evil Overlord

AmberCross

In regards to the everyone noticing Wraith sneak off thing... I had actually noticed the obscene amounts of people who had noticed him sneak away and intended to ask in my next post if I could go back and say my character did not in fact see him leave. My original thinking was that his sole method of cover was just that he trusted everyone to be distracted so it would make sense that my character, who wasn't actually paying attention to anything in particular, might have noticed him leave. In retrospect however, I think having a near-heart attack would be sufficient distraction in this case and honestly... the only thing more embarrassing than being the only person not to notice something is to have someone sneak away and have EVERYONE notice.

I was originally going to say this in the IC post... but it sorta got long so I moved it here. Anyway, I put the section where my character noticed him in strikeout as a tentative edit assuming it's okay to fix that. I know sometimes people can get touchy about too much retconning and such.

Paladin Sheppard

AmberCross leave it for now, not much point to editing it because ALL of the people who spotted Salem without metaing would also have to edit.

AmberCross

Right.... okay then. I'll leave it at my character having seen Wraith.

Shachza

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on January 29, 2011, 02:45:16 AM
Kandela watched in sympathy as the three eared rabbit curled into a ball from the sound waves, her own (large)ears were still ringing.

Maybe we should get a more detailed description of Cinna from Squirrel.  I thought she had two rabbit ears and three eyes.  Is she even bipedal?
            <-- #1 that is!

Paladin Sheppard

See this is what happens when you have a dyslexic GM :B

*wanders over to the IC to fix*

SquirrelWizard

I'm gonna update this for future referance, but...

Cinna has two ears and three eyes, and she doesn't always look out of her third eye, because that eye always percieves things as auras, which can be a bit of a strain when you are seeing both auras and normal vision at the same time.

It would be like walking around with one eye seeing things normally, while the other had secret agent style x-ray vision.

AmberCross

Arg! so tempting to have my character go over and interact with group... but I set him idle on something requiring the GM to get back to it and it wouldn't make SENSE to just cut that off without good reason >.<

Shachza

Good God Inumo.  If our characters were really having this conversation in the world my character is from, then yours would end up in a secret lab somewhere really quick to figure out whether you were a Marauder.

If anyone doesn't know White Wolf's World of Darkness like I do, a Marauder is a mage who has lost his mind to magic.  He/she no longer suffers backlash for practicing visible vulgar magic, but his/her mind has become one with the delusions his/her magic creates from his/her subconscious.  Essentially the world seemlessly warps to fit the delusion for as long as the Marauder is nearby, and then it, also seemlessly, goes back to normal when the Marauder leaves.  If the Marauder believes that he is Merlin, then everything within a certain radius will change to look/behave/believe like they are from medieval Arthurian England.  The buildings will change to match the delusion, the people will change, and even the landscape will.  The Marauder him/her-self is just as confined by the rules set up by his/her own delusion (IE, one who believes he is Merlin will at no point behave in a Merlin would not, including magical abilities)  Nothing will remember having not been a part of the delusion.  When the Marauder leaves the area then everything will go back to the way it was before, and nothing will remember the delusion.  By virtue of their nature only supernatural beings have a measure of defense against becoming part of the delusion and being able to retain their memory.

The situation our characters are in fits to a T the effects of a Marauder delusion.  And Sifa's vehement denial would make her the current best suspect for being the Marauder because the characters aren't "fitting the delusion."

:P   :)
            <-- #1 that is!

Lisky

i just had another thought... wouldn't she start getting a bit suspicious when a tail starts twitching on it's own?

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->