15/01/2011 [DMFA# 1188] - Distraction

Started by Tapewolf, January 15, 2011, 05:49:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmberCross

Which is odd considering last I checked cubi can't self-feed. Seme clan cannot feed off of their own sadness, only that of others. Thus is does not make much sense for them to BE sad because of their affinity. Unless they're going for infectuous tears or something. Of course this clashes with Dan's affinity which apparently makes him strongest when fighting to protect others? I admit to being somewhat confused on this point.

Maark30

Quote from: AmberCross on January 22, 2011, 04:53:30 PM
Which is odd considering last I checked cubi can't self-feed. Seme clan cannot feed off of their own sadness, only that of others. Thus is does not make much sense for them to BE sad because of their affinity. Unless they're going for infectuous tears or something. Of course this clashes with Dan's affinity which apparently makes him strongest when fighting to protect others? I admit to being somewhat confused on this point.

You missed  point that Amber has stated before, The affinity is not what they must feed from but more like a favorite flavor of emotion.  To Seme's clan sadness might be like chocolate to us.
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

AmberCross

No, I got that. But Fa'Lina's affinity being hope doesn't necessarily translate to HER having hope. Just that she likes to feed off it.

Tapewolf

Quote from: AmberCross on January 22, 2011, 04:53:30 PM
Which is odd considering last I checked cubi can't self-feed

They can, actually.  Amber once posted an example of a rage-based 'Cubi being walled in to execute them, and then emerging in an insane fury some centuries later when the building was demolished.
IIRC it's more like they're using the emotion as a catalyst to tap energy from some external cosmic source, so it doesn't break conservation of energy (I believe this was in the 'Comic time & conservation of energy' thread, but the link should be in the wiki somewhere).

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E