Let's hunt for treasure, Philip!

Started by Tapewolf, August 16, 2006, 09:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Lysander

Heheheh. That's great, I know I couldn't think it up.
For some reason I don't think an "X" would mark the spot for this supposed buried treature. :januscat
TytajLucheek

Dakata

So the AOL people're gonna waste their time (and money) to get bulldozers and stuff to look for gold that might not even be there? :V

*Is too sleepy to use his brain*

llearch n'n'daCorna

uh.. unobtrusive bulldozers?

Where do I go to get some of those?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Rowne

Oh, we're sorry, we thought you were Arthur Dent.

I'm hoping they chain themselves to trees to try and make a stand.  Though I'd think that of all the things AOL would do try to make money, I wouldn't expect them to branch out in this particular way.

On a more serious note though, this is just another case of a big company throwing its money around for kicks and giggles.  I don't see how parents could be held responsible for the actions of their son if they claim they're innocent.

After all, receipts aren't true proof.  This smells of guilty until proven innocent to me, it's worse than the fictional cases in Phoenix Wright.

Hilary

This is a court-directed, judge-approved legal process that is simply aimed at responsibly recovering hidden assets.

The new name for treasure hunting. ^^ Davis Wolfgang Hawke, though, that's a heck of a cool name.

mini-lion

theres no need to go digging up property, if they hire several chartered surveyors they should use sonar equipment to detect these denser objects, it just seems all this power has gone to the already over stuffed head of AOL

Aridas

yarr, pirates dig. they don't need fancy detectors.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Bulldozers are cheaper than chartered surveyors.

Less effective, sure, but more fun. And cheaper.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 18, 2006, 03:32:13 PM
Bulldozers are cheaper than chartered surveyors.
Less effective, sure, but more fun. And cheaper.

..until they find the gold isn't there and have to make reparation..

Aridas

They could just buy a $99 metal detector or something and send some guy out there to beep around.

Dakata

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on August 18, 2006, 09:15:22 PM
They could just buy a $99 metal detector or something and send some guy out there to beep around.
But digging up someone's yard is fun! :B And it'll get them lots of attention and stuff! And if they don't find anything, they can whine and get MORE attention!

[off-topic-ish]
It'd be funny if they found some live froggies or something underground. =B I've read stuff about people finding live toads and stuff in rocks on paranormal.about.com . It's freaky. People'll find little lizards or something that've been stuck in rocks for who-knows-how-long and the lizard/whatever-it-is'll still be alive. It's weird how they didn't die by lack of oxygen or lack of foodz and water.
[Here's a link to an article 'bout rock-frogs and crap if anyone's curious. =B
[/off-topic-ish]

*Is a dork* :B

xHaZxMaTx

Then maybe all those people trapped in the Hoover dam are still alive! :O

Dakata

Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on August 18, 2006, 09:45:41 PM
Then maybe all those people trapped in the Hoover dam are still alive! :O
Oh noes! Someone read my tiny text!

I doubt it, Hazzy. The people found amphibians (and reptiles) in teh rockz. Amphibians/Reptiles aren't that similar to humans. :B It -might- be possible though. The frogs and stuff were probably...sorta..."frozen" in the rock. Like in those future-y cartoons and movies (Ex. Futurama, Cowboy Bebop I think, ect.) where people freeze themselves to go to the future.

...And now I'm being a dorky paranormal-stuff-liking nerd -and- I'm being off-topic. :B I need my corner.

*Goes in the corner*

Tapewolf

Quote from: Dakata on August 18, 2006, 09:53:28 PM
...And now I'm being a dorky paranormal-stuff-liking nerd -and- I'm being off-topic. :B I need my corner.

*Pats Dakata for being a good link*
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/5261856.stm

Dakata

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 19, 2006, 05:35:31 AM
Quote from: Dakata on August 18, 2006, 09:53:28 PM

*Pats Dakata for being a good link*
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/5261856.stm
I...I...I was good? D:

Nooooo!

*Goes back to the off-topic-corner* :B

Toric

Now my question is how he knew they were in fact dwarves and not gnomes.
Yap by Silver.

Nikki

Xze can dig without shovels!!

i once found squirrel bones 0o

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

topher chee

Rowne

Perhaps this is the future for bored corporate entities.

How about this?  We won't sue you or take you to court if you'll let me and the boys use our personal bulldozers to dig up your yard, what do you say?  If we find any buried treasure or artefacts of a lost civilization, we'll even cut you in ... two per cent of the overall profits?  If it's a Stargate though, screw you, it's ours.