17/12/2010 [PF #149] ~ Place your bets, ladies and gentlemen!

Started by Gabi, December 17, 2010, 03:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabi

Yes, grep can handle Unicode. At least mine can, but I would be surprised if the one on .*-BSD couldn't.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 23, 2010, 03:17:36 PM
really? Interesting. Are we talking Net-, Free-, or Open-?

Darwin.  I haven't used FreeBSD for many years and Solaris for even more, but I think it's the same.

QuoteThose are from the Gnu grep, so they should be compatible with others; the only grep I've run across that isn't is the solaris one, but I'll have to admit not having spent much time working on BSD.

One of the machines actually has Borland TurboGrep as the path default...

QuoteAs for unicode? I'm not sure, I haven't had any files that really are unicode - just something that says it's unicode, without actually being anything other than latin-1...

I spose it depends on what format they're in, as well. If word documents, a suitable application of catdoc might help, too.
The panel layouts for the storyboard are all done in Comiclife, which uses its own weird format.

The main script is in ASCII, that has now been corrected.  It looks like NK does actually only turn up twice, so hopefully that should be it :3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ah. Darwin is something else again.

... and, while I can find out, I don't know off the top of my head which grep they have as part of the system. You could look for ggrep, though - that would be (according to solaris install standards) the gnu grep exe. Even the one with borland on it might have that. (although I'll grant you, it might not)

As for only showing up twice - have you looked in the other versions of the story in the same sortof place? That might be a useful place to start poking...

... assuming you haven't fixed it all already, of course. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E