12/05/2010 [PF #147] - Good cop, bad cop, worse cop!

Started by Madmann135, December 05, 2010, 11:57:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madmann135

I will admit Drocan's method of persuasion is more effective.
Why kill the guy when killing his family so that they can be resurrected when he's finished is far more effective.

Also this mob game is magnificent.  Dorcan knows how to play evil and look the part.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Sofox

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Madmann135 on December 05, 2010, 11:57:34 AM
Also this mob game is magnificent.  Dorcan knows how to play evil and look the part.
He is a good actor. Of course in real life he is completely harmless and won't hurt a fly (not after that incident with the mayor, anyway)! :3

Tapewolf

I really wished I could have done this when I found that Microsoft had decided sockets should be unsigned, as opposed to a signed integer (the way every other OS does it) thus preventing example code from running under Windows.

Anyhow, there's one more page of Jakob being a bit of an asshole and then things should start to get interesting.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

VAE

You mean this *wasn't* interesting?

Also, nice job on Ashley flaring up, Ren!
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

joshofspam

That is a bit heavy handed for a bluff and I'm not so sure that some people wouldn't hold a grudge against Jacob after being forced in an android body even if it wasn't a bluff.

This is some serious hard ball and when playing with Jacob it might be advised that you bring a cup.

Is it just me or are all three of these people really good actors. :erk
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

VAE

If  i was a being, i would probably *thank* him for getting an android body
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: VAE on December 05, 2010, 07:43:50 PM
Also, nice job on Ashley flaring up, Ren!
Thanks. :)

Quote from: joshofspam on December 05, 2010, 08:42:25 PM
Is it just me or are all three of these people really good actors. :erk
They are. At this point it is fairly clearly established that Jakob is strongly against killing people; so is Dorcan now, after getting a taste of what its like to kill somebody in cold blood (trust me, his brush with the Dark Side made him steer clear of it :B ). Ash is pissed off a lot, but not as much as to murder somebody; he would have probably pummelled the rat a bit if it was up to him, but he would not have killed him.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: VAE on December 05, 2010, 09:03:55 PM
If  i was a being, i would probably *thank* him for getting an android body

I'm not so sure. I mean, if nothing else, it limits the possibilities for having children.

... without requiring more than the usual two-people partnership, that is.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 05, 2010, 09:11:25 PM
I'm not so sure. I mean, if nothing else, it limits the possibilities for having children.
It, however, gives you a potentially very, very long life. Bordering on immortality from a Being's point of view. Thus, inability to naturally reproduce means you won't make a whole mess of offsprings over your very long life. Which is not necessarily a bad thing. :P

VAE

Meh... so do plenty of other things,  and they don't even get you an almost-immortality

Put it this way.. you have a high chance of dying later than the last gene contribution from other guy who didn't take this option dissolves in the genetic pool beyond trace
Saphroneth

joshofspam

Quote from: VAE on December 05, 2010, 09:42:06 PM

Meh... so do plenty of other things,  and they don't even get you an almost-immortality

Put it this way.. you have a high chance of dying later than the last gene contribution from other guy who didn't take this option dissolves in the genetic pool beyond trace

But don't forget the situation may also vary from person too person.

I doubt children would be the only reason for not ditching your old body for a new one.

People can have strange hangups about things. :3

I wonder if a kid given a android body might end up like that child in the movie An Interview With A Vampire?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

Quote from: VAE on December 05, 2010, 07:43:50 PM
You mean this *wasn't* interesting?

Well, I'm getting the impression that dark comedy is not my strongest point.

QuoteAlso, nice job on Ashley flaring up, Ren!
Originally he was supposed to be held back by Jakob and Dorcan, but as Ren pointed out, Dorcan's hands were a little full at the time.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 06, 2010, 04:48:13 AM
Originally he was supposed to be held back by Jakob and Dorcan, but as Ren pointed out, Dorcan's hands were a little full at the time.
..Which gave me a mental image of Dorcan holding Jacks in one hand and holding back Ashley with another, bearing an adamant expression on his face (while Jacks is all :dface and Ahe is all >:O ).

..I'll probably have to draw that as an outtake or something.

Keleth

Penalty for kidnapping... 25 years (50 in new york)
Penalty for death threats 18 months.

At least with an almost indefinate life span. They could easily wait out the time or go into a shut down mode.

Just think man, Criminals will have a ball. Do something evil, power down for 25-50 years. Be done of your sentence, it's like you took a long nap!

Quite a days work, wonder how many more they'll rack up before the day is done...
Help! I'm gay!

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Drathorin on December 06, 2010, 10:31:21 AM
Penalty for kidnapping... 25 years (50 in new york)
Penalty for death threats 18 months.
They're not in New York. Or even US. Just pointing that out.

As for crime committed by androids, they'll probably come up with amendments to existing laws. Besides, there can be a way to prevent them from going into self-induced hibernation.

And they will probably go right back to their normal lives as soon as they ensure that Jacks actually see to fixing the faulty software. Shame they need to intimidate him into doing that, but if you don't apply force, things don't come into motion.

Keleth

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on December 06, 2010, 11:42:55 AM
but if you don't apply force, things don't come into motion.
Says the police officer to the handcuffed prisoner.
Help! I'm gay!

Turnsky

but there are more subtle ways of applying force, instead of direct physical pressure.

a subpoena, for example.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

VAE

Quote from: Turnsky on December 06, 2010, 07:27:30 PM
but there are more subtle ways of applying force, instead of direct physical pressure.

a subpoena, for example.

Looking at certain companies.. if Jakob did that, he would be considered a villain *legitimately*
Saphroneth

Tapewolf

I'll be away most of Friday evening so the comic is in all probability going to be a bit late.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Yaaaay!

... What? Do I have something in my teeth or something?

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 08, 2010, 08:46:13 AM
Yaaaay!

Your wish is my command.  We're looking at a Sunday update, unfortunately as Ren has been in an advanced state of distraction and I only have the top 2/3 of the page.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Actually, while I'm fine with that, I was just winding people up. ;-]

Tapewolf

It took long enough, but it's done.  Chapter 18 should hopefully start next week.