[Art] StarRunner's Bin of Mixed Nuts (Dan Ti'Fiona - Nov 14)

Started by James StarRunner, November 15, 2010, 02:21:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James StarRunner

The old thread has broken image links from cleaning up and the index was getting fairly long. I'll likely add voice-acting unrelated to the DMFA Radio Project here as well.

First off, I don't think I've ever put up any DMFA art up in the forums. So now I give you Dan! :3

Whew... First time using a tablet to do all the inking. Remind me though to upgrade from Photoshop 7. >.>

Ren Gaulen

Oh, it looks really nice. I like how Dan's face turned out. His right hand looks a bit off, though, but hands are always a nuisance to draw. Overall, it looks great. :>

Tapewolf

Nice rendition.  Was it drawn entirely on tablet, or done on paper and then inked and coloured digitally?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

James StarRunner

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on November 15, 2010, 01:44:01 PM
Oh, it looks really nice. I like how Dan's face turned out. His right hand looks a bit off, though, but hands are always a nuisance to draw. Overall, it looks great. :>
I know I said so before, but thanks Ren. :3

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 16, 2010, 04:52:30 PM
Nice rendition.  Was it drawn entirely on tablet, or done on paper and then inked and coloured digitally?
Funny you should ask because you commented on the pencil sketch awhile back. :B

But ya, this started out in pencil, then I scanned it and traced over the lineart with my tablet.

Lisky

i don't know how i missed this o.o

Anyways, as already said, nice job with the face, and the hands.  Perhaps try adding some lines for the knuckle creases... i think it may help add a layer of depth to the hands.

Also, good job with the coloring... it's never been a strong-suit of mine :3

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Inumo

He reminds me of what Dan might look like if he was put on a children's show. Also, this has been on my mind since I saw his hand... Dan's gone Fraggle! :D

Also, I like the way you implied feathers. I usually have a problem with that.

James StarRunner

Quote from: Basilisk on November 16, 2010, 06:06:09 PM
i don't know how i missed this o.o

Anyways, as already said, nice job with the face, and the hands.  Perhaps try adding some lines for the knuckle creases... i think it may help add a layer of depth to the hands.

Also, good job with the coloring... it's never been a strong-suit of mine :3
Oh base colouring is easy. It's the shading/highlighting that terrifies me. :.

This is actually an older sketch that I finally coloured, but I may do something like that later. Maybe even shade. >.>

Quote from: Inumo on November 16, 2010, 06:10:00 PM
He reminds me of what Dan might look like if he was put on a children's show. Also, this has been on my mind since I saw his hand... Dan's gone Fraggle! :D

Gone Fraggle? What do you mean?

I think I still have a long way to go with wings and feathers though, but thanks. :3

Inumo

Quote from: James StarRunner on November 16, 2010, 06:16:34 PM

The three-finger-thumb combo. Fraggles have the same.

James StarRunner

Quote from: Inumo on November 16, 2010, 06:55:14 PM
Quote from: James StarRunner on November 16, 2010, 06:16:34 PM

The three-finger-thumb combo. Fraggles have the same.
Same with almost every DMFA character. :P

Inumo

... I did not notice that... Huh. Eyes, you have failed me! :simon

Tapewolf

Quote from: Inumo on November 16, 2010, 07:24:21 PM
... I did not notice that... Huh. Eyes, you have failed me! :simon
It's interesting to note that Weres in human form have the full five digits - most Being-like anthro characters have four, but hoofed characters such as DP, Kria and Regina usually seem to have two fingers and one thumb.  (The Demon girl on the demonology page, and the (part?)Demon guy in 909 have 3/1 like a Being).

EDIT:

Quote from: James StarRunner on November 16, 2010, 05:43:48 PM
Funny you should ask because you commented on the pencil sketch awhile back. :B

I had this nagging feeling I'd seen it before somehow...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E