[Web Comic] CVD, now might not update regularly

Started by Castle Pokemetroid, July 11, 2010, 07:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Castle Pokemetroid

CVD updates saturdays. CVD is a web comic that takes place before my Swords of Sorrow timeline wise.

Comic page #30 tries to explain how so many different characters can exist at the same time in both my CVD and SoS series.

How the events of CVD will lead into SoS isn't clear as up to now.

-Original message:

It's a link banner, so you can click on it.

Anyways, I wonder if it's good enough. It seems to be lacking, seeing that it's mostly white.

The thing is, I don't know what to put. I don't have photoshop, so I don't know how to make all that fancy text, and all.

This banner can work, though it's a bit on the lame side.

I use Paint.NET

WhiteFox

http://www.blambot.com/ has some nice comic fonts for free (I use Anime Ace 2.0 for the text in my comic). Since the image is a decent size, there's no reason not to use a dressier looking typeface, either. For that matter, a really distinct one could work as a logotype for the comic.

A flat colour or tiled texture of some sort might improve the look. A background image would be even better (the comic has backgrounds, after all).

The banner would probably look better with more space between the text and the edge. It's kind of claustrophobic as it is.

The fact that the characters are "standing" on the bottom edge makes the banner look flat. Again, a background image would help, or just take out the characters that aren't in the air. The blurr probably isn't doing you any favours either.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Castle Pokemetroid

Well, I took your ideas and made this. Seems much better, but is there anything else it could use? I'm not sure. This could certainly work.

Thanks for the input.

WhiteFox

That is much cooler.

The white text is a bit strong. A light, pale colour might work better, or a texture.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Castle Pokemetroid

You know, you're right. A nice, soft color dose seem quite nice.

Though, now it seems that Soma's axe is now the center point of the banner. It draws attention away from the rest of it.

I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing...

Oh well, nothing I can do about that.

Thanks again.

Castle Pokemetroid

The comic has finally gone beyond 30 comics. I had posted the first 30 on an eariler topic I posted before.

The comic has gone beyond the old number of 30 and is getting into more newer stuff now.

CVD updates every saturday. I wish I could update more often, but I wouldn't be able to update at all if I did.

The free time I have, if any, is mostly spent on animation.

Castle Pokemetroid

I am now totally out of ideas on what to do next. I have the vague main idea, but not the things that connect point A with point B.

Unless anyone has an idea or two to give me, I'll only be able to update like three more times, before I have to put the comic on hold for several months or more.

I could continue it, but until I get more better ideas, all I'll be doing is repeating the same things over and over.

Redundancy can't be a good thing.