a haloween wedding and other festivities of the candy season

Started by Brunhidden, November 01, 2010, 03:49:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brunhidden

just got back from a Halloween wedding

remember when my house burned down? for about two weeks we stayed in the spare room of one of my wifes friends and her boyfriend that used to be my boss once, they got married at devils lake this Halloween

it was interesting, but not so 'into it' as my cousins Halloween a few years back. he actually had a frankenstein and a bride of frankenstein on the top of the cake instead of a bride and groom.

anyways, kids went trick or treating twice. my eldest daughter Eowyn went as Darth Vader (in a cape her mother made) and my younger daughter Mia wanted to be Yoda so it worked out well. we even videotaped them having a duel and took some pictures, might put them up later if anyone cares

typically while taking the kids out i judge other kids costumes for originality and home madeness. this year the winner was someone who dressed as a rubix cube, runner up was someone dressed as the fortune telling machine from 'big'. last year the winner was someone with a home made 'max' costume from the book 'where the wild things are' and not the movie

i also carved my first pumpkin. yeah, twenty six and ive never carved a pumpkin, i had a bit of a deprived childhood.... bad memories involving this holiday

if any of you had anything happen the last few days post it here while i wander off to watch the pumpkin chunkin competition
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Brunhidden

Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... This video has either been removed or is unavailable due to privacy settings...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears