08/10/2010 [DMFA #1153] - Paranoia on the food court

Started by MT Hazard, October 08, 2010, 05:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drayco84

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 09, 2010, 09:30:39 AM
Quote from: SilentSoror on October 09, 2010, 08:49:50 AM
.... and why doesn't Dan just read some minds?  He's bound to find out what's up more easily as he tries .... or can he not do that?

It's not clear how easily he can do that.  I imagine it would become more difficult in a crowded place with many minds, as opposed to Regina in an empty corridor or his mother who was expecting him to do it anyway.
I suspect it only works close up too - someone laughing a few yards away might be out of range.

Also, this is Dan we're talking about... He isn't the dullest, but he also isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, either...

And also, I LIKE the progression Amber's making in her art. Dan is starting to look more more like a guy than a flat-chested gal. (Hey, I guess the incubus traits are starting to kick in after all!)

Unsilenced

I have this same paranoia.

If anyone shouts while I'm around, I assume I did something wrong.

Of course, I'm usually right, but that's another matter.
Post of the Dead:
"When there is no more room in hell, this thread will walk the earth"

AmigaDragon

Quote from: jo-shadow on October 09, 2010, 06:39:06 AM
The blockyness of dan's face really has happened only in the last 45 or so comics. I mean there is a clear progression, starting with comic 1109.
Just Look:

I understand that amber's style evolves... I'm just afraid what he might look like in another 50 comics at this rate :erk
:shapeshifters one possible explanation.  :mowwink
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Grey Wolf

Quote from: AmigaDragon on October 10, 2010, 02:32:51 AM
The blockyness of dan's face really has happened only in the last 45 or so comics. I mean there is a clear progression, starting with comic 1109.
Just Look:

I understand that amber's style evolves... I'm just afraid what he might look like in another 50 comics at this rate :erk
Oh my God. Amiga, you're right! Didn't Dan complain about how girly he looked once? He could be subconsciously shapeshifting!
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Grey Wolf on October 10, 2010, 08:06:46 AM

Didn't Dan complain about how girly he looked once? He could be subconsciously shapeshifting!

Just what I was thinking. How much would it add to the ensuing hilarity if Dan doesn't actually know he's doing it?
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: AmigaDragon on October 10, 2010, 02:32:51 AM
Just Look:

And Amber now has a perfect excuse for any changes in Dan's appearance .. forever !  :D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

AmigaDragon

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Naldru

Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Drayco84

Quote from: Naldru on October 11, 2010, 09:55:53 PM
Quote from: AmigaDragon on October 11, 2010, 07:52:22 PM
Including looking like this? :mowdizzy
I believe that the excuse would apply to changes occurring starting with the recent past.  However, Fa'Lina did imply that not looking like that anymore might be due to his cubi heritage.
Oh please... Amber just used that as excuse to break the fourth wall AND draw attention to the fact that her drawing had come a long way.

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: AmigaDragon on October 11, 2010, 07:52:22 PM
Including looking like this? :mowdizzy

Oh yes .... also, that girl needs to appear at that thursday dinner party, now - For maximum awkardness.
Claiming that they have to get married !

:D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.