Star Wreck'd (OOC) ["M"] (Back, but still Open.)

Started by Drayco84, August 09, 2010, 08:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

That_wolf

Hey, drayco. Do you mind if there is a AI specificly for the Med. Bay?
Abel needs a hug...

Inumo

Erm, that might cause a history problem, considering that it'd probably have shown up by now. Maybe have an AI for the Probulator that gets implants a communicator on the base of your neck during the heat of it all?

Drayco84

I'm only half-asleep... So I'm totally cool to *Thud* post... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Whooo... I'm trying while alseep!

Anyhoo... The ship's AI is supposed to cover the ENTIRE ship... There's no other AIs. (Which, if you think about it, is kinda just plain creepy...)

AmberCross

Yeah... Chris was on four legs there, not two. If in doubt, assume he's on four legs if moving around, two if working on something, and six if he's going somewhere in a hurry. Since Chris is bigger and heavier than humans so he should be as hard to throw against a wall as say... a bull. He's also insanely flexible and has really fast reflexes making him as hard to throw against a wall as say... a ferret. So assuming you're strong enough to lift him, he'll probably react in time to grab your arm. In this case I'm assuming you're a strong fellow and Chris was still only half awake, but please don't just randomly throw my character around as it's not very feasible.

Dekari

Yeah, I guess I should have gotten some details about that AC.  It was more for effect than anything else.
I somehow get the feeling that you didn't think your cunning plan all the way through.

Thanks go to Kipiru and Rhyfe for the art work used in avatars.

http://drakedekari.deviantart.com/

AmberCross

I guessed it might be something like that. Just please don't do that again without at least coordinating with me first. Consider this a general warning or something I guess.

Inumo

Shachza

Some people haven't posted.  I'm waiting to see if more of the bridge "crew" will post first since I just showed up, but maybe I just need to come up with something.
            <-- #1 that is!

Meany

I'm trying to get post fairy to visit.  But my Nanda muse refuses to send the invite.  I'll try and force one soon, but it won't be pretty.

VAE

Well, i have posted Click coming in, and too am waiting for anyone to react
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

JamesCray

I'm afraid I'm going through a bit of a difficult time as of late and the part of my brain that would normally handle comedy is sort of broken now, so please just either ignore my character for the moment or automove him, as I'm not really up to it myself
I wish the real world would just stop hassling me.
"I work in Fringe Division. Weird is a matter of degrees."

AmberCross

This is indeed unfortunate. I had such high hopes for this RP too... I'd ask permission to post again so I could get to the bridge and interact with people, but I know from experience that when a thread reaches this point, that doesn't help.

Edit: Blurnsball? Someone was watching Futurama last night XD

Drayco84

Well, I suppose an update is several days past due...

One: I HATE MY DESKTOP! Stupid thing won't stay on... I was hoping to get the damn thing up and running so I'd have a backup in case crap happens to my netbook AGAIN.

Two: Last week I had a wonderful bout with the flu, or at least SOMETHING that caused a fever.

Three: Some other assorted crap.

TL;DR version: I've forgotten what the HELL -I- was supposed to be doing! Yeah, you can all point an laugh at me now.

Dekari

I somehow get the feeling that you didn't think your cunning plan all the way through.

Thanks go to Kipiru and Rhyfe for the art work used in avatars.

http://drakedekari.deviantart.com/

VAE

What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Drayco84

Alright, let's organize some crap...

Rooms Mentioned/Needed But Not Fully Described
Bridge
Sick Bay
Messhall

Crew Quarters
Security
Tactical

Aaaaaaaand I lost my train of thought...

AmberCross

That_wolf

Sorry that I was gone for a while, I'm being killed by my hard schedule, and football. I'm figuring it all out now,though.
Abel needs a hug...

That_wolf

Abel needs a hug...

Shachza

Not if people post once and a while.  Drayco's had a bad stretch of life, so we should be patient.  I think a post from him would pick this right back up.
            <-- #1 that is!

Drayco84

Yes, it probably would... Especially as I haven't really described ANYTHING inside the ship...

In retrospect, I prolly should've let everyone wander around loose in the shipyard for a while longer...

EDIT:
BRIDGE HAS BEEN DESCRIBED!
Others shall be done later. Feel free to nag/brainstorm about them on the chat.

AmberCross

Quote from: Shachza on September 25, 2010, 12:47:33 PM
Not if people post once and a while.  Drayco's had a bad stretch of life, so we should be patient.  I think a post from him would pick this right back up.
Definitely. I have seen RPs stop for several months before picking up again due to scheduling constraints, people being very stressed at that point in life, etc. You definitely should not give up on an RP just cause no one happens to have posted in a week or so. There's always the chance for it to pick right up again even after several months of absense when most of the players and/or the GM is too busy to get their muse working. I don't know about other people, but mine is finicky and easily distracted so it takes a bit of effort getting it to help me out on a topic I want it to.

Shachza

Quote from: AmberCross on September 25, 2010, 06:46:28 PM
Quote from: Shachza on September 25, 2010, 12:47:33 PM
Not if people post once and a while.  Drayco's had a bad stretch of life, so we should be patient.  I think a post from him would pick this right back up.
Definitely. I have seen RPs stop for several months before picking up again due to scheduling constraints, people being very stressed at that point in life, etc. You definitely should not give up on an RP just cause no one happens to have posted in a week or so. There's always the chance for it to pick right up again even after several months of absense when most of the players and/or the GM is too busy to get their muse working. I don't know about other people, but mine is finicky and easily distracted so it takes a bit of effort getting it to help me out on a topic I want it to.

Definitely this!

I've been so bored on these forums this past week because all 3 RPs that I'm involved in haven't had any new posts...  Unfortunately I've made recent posts so it's not that people are waiting on me.  Grrrrr!   :mowsad

PS  Now that I've read Drayco's description I should point out that the rock is apparently currently occupying the Science Officer's chair, though there is a picture of a rock taped over the "Science Officer" label.
            <-- #1 that is!

Drayco84

Yes, that bridge has a weird design... Almost as if the person who came up with it either liked shooting people in the back of the head, or survived a mutiny or three...

AmberCross

Quote from: Shachza on September 25, 2010, 08:27:34 PM
PS  Now that I've read Drayco's description I should point out that the rock is apparently currently occupying the Science Officer's chair, though there is a picture of a rock taped over the "Science Officer" label.
Right, I meant to ask... since our hyper squirrel buggered out, does this mean I am once again the science officer? And if so, does my character know yet?

That_wolf

Quote from: Drayco84 on September 26, 2010, 01:20:50 AM
Yes, that bridge has a weird design... Almost as if the person who came up with it either liked shooting people in the back of the head, or survived a mutiny or three...

Hope there's no sentry guns that're controlled by the captain in the med bay. Hooray, for isolation!
Abel needs a hug...

Drayco84

Quote from: AmberCross on September 26, 2010, 05:56:57 AM
Right, I meant to ask... since our hyper squirrel buggered out, does this mean I am once again the science officer? And if so, does my character know yet?
Hmmmm... That IS a good question... I guess that's up to Azlan when his character sees yours...
(My money's on your char pulling double-duty until a replacement is found/abducted/whatever, though.)

AmberCross

Makes sense... According to friends of mine who actually watch Star Trek with avid passion, several crew members hold more than one position at least sometimes. Like apparently Spock was both first mate AND science officer.