My rabbit died.

Started by Castle Pokemetroid, July 12, 2010, 05:24:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Castle Pokemetroid

Yeah. I lost yet another pet due to old age. I can't remember if I posted here or not, but my other rabbit died who knows how long ago. About a few years after my other other rabbit died.

Well, the poor basterd did get to live to be around the age of ten. He's with his pals, Jack and Penelope, now.

R.I.P. Peter

I dyed one of them, Penelope, pink in honor of Bunny from CVRPG. I don't think that was too healthy... It sorta did die a few months after that... I'm not sure... Could of been from something else...

Jack I had since I was like three or four.

I don't think I'll get another one. It's sad enough to see three of 'em leave...

I guess I'll have to finish my salad from now on, seeing that my rabbit won't be eating it for me anymore...

The cage is still up... I'm not sure if I should take it down or not...

Drayco84

Over that last several years I've buried so many bunnies it's anything but funny... Hell, I'm tearing up as I type this. Mind you, it didn't help that we've had two litters that were inbred. (Short explanation: Daddy got to daughter. Twice, obviously.)

My oldest bunny right now (That I've raised from birth, BTW.) is nine years of age and is having arthritis so bad he's having trouble moving. (But yet, I can tell that he still has a lot of fight left in him.) I've ordered something online that's supposed to help with that, and I should be getting it later this week. HIs "spouse" is also starting to show the same symptoms. All ten of their babies are fit, healthy, and adorable though.

Sorry... I'm just rambling because I feel bad that I didn't say anything when your previous rabbit passed away because personally, I couldn't even THINK of trying to dye the fur of one of my babies. (That, and the fact that they're monsterous buggers who would fight back, big time.)

Eventually though, the cage will have to be taken down. An empty bunny cage is one of the saddest sights I've ever seen.

Castle Pokemetroid

Yeah... I'll have to take that eventually down. My dad and I built a second story, two small rabbit houses, and a ramp for them. Took quite a bit of time to put all that up. Memories will well up at every plank and two by four...

I'll have to have my dad take it to the dump. I'm not sure if I could do it myself...

Thanks for your support. I had that rabbit for ten years, more than half my life, so it's very sad that he had to leave. He lost movement in his back legs for about a year. I had to shove food under his face, otherwise he couldn't get to the food.

I do now admit that dying a rabbit's fur can be quite a stupid thing. Something I'll never do again.